Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Forged Performance: 2011 STi Sedan MONSTER Build **check back often**

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 03:47 PM

Subscribed! Amazing looking setup!
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:38 AM
Former Sponsor

We got some new goodies coming in today. Hope to post up some more teaser pictures.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
add some camber up front... it'll probably help with the understeer.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 06:09 AM
Former Sponsor

1/14/11

I apologize for the lack of updates. We have been playing catch up due to the weather Atlanta has been seeing. We have finished installing all the GTSPEC products on our 2011 Subaru and have been really impressed with their fit, finish, and quality.

If you are not familiar with the GTSPEC product lines the GTSPEC products are designed to strengthen OEM chassis rigidity and minimize flex. Their R&D team of engineers pinpoints the weakest areas of the vehicle (mainly frame rails and strut towers) and develops the products to maximize performance and minimize body roll. Take a look at the huge list of parts that GTSPEC sent us for testing. The quality is absolutely race class, and Sharif is ready to give these pieces a good track testing very shortly.

Part list:
- GTSPEC Front Strut Bar
- GTSPEC Rear Strut Bar
- GTSPEC Front Fender Braces
- GTSPEC Rear Lightweight Bumper Beam
- GTSPEC Rear A Brace Version 2
- GTSPEC 4 Point Ladder Mid Chassis Brace
- GTSPEC Rear Lower Control Arm with Camber Adjustment
- GTSPEC Prototype Rear Lateral Link

Here are some pictures of some of the parts and installation along the way. Enjoy!

This is a great comparison photo of the OEM bar with whiteline bushing installed, vs. the GTSpec

Shot of the front underbrace.

The rear end is full of GTSpec and Whiteline goodness all around. Handle will be razor sharp as it should be!

A little closer shot:

Now all that is left, is the JRZ RS1's...hint hint...caugh caugh. JRZ has been focusing on the upcoming Grand Am Daytona race so we are still a couple weeks out.

Right now, our STi is on the alignment rack and we'll have some more pictures of the finished product tomorrow. Next week, we'll be working on our custom 3 inch exhaust so we can finally let this big turbo breath and demonstrate what we can do with the stock block!

Old Jan 15, 2011, 07:13 AM
Former Sponsor

The weight difference between the lateral links and rear arms was negligible. The Fender bracing, and A Braces did add a small amount to the car. But the improvement in chassis stiffness will out weigh the added weight gain. The real savings is in the GTSPEC rear bumper beam. Have a look at the difference in made.

OEM Rear Bumper Beam:

OEM Rear Bumper Beam: (Weight 21lbs)

GTSPEC Lightweight Rear Bumper Beam: (Weight 5.5lbs) Savings of 15.5 lbs

GTSPEC Lightweight Rear Bumper Beam Installed with no issues at all!

Take a look at some of the other high quality items that we installed.

GTSPEC Front Strut Brace:

GTSPEC 3 Point Rear Strut Brace: (Perfect install on the 2011. No modifications needed)

GTSPEC Front Fender Reinforcement Braces:

Forged Performance is really excited to head back to the track to see how well the vehicle has improved with the GTSPEC products. We will let you know as soon as we get out there!

Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:00 AM
Former Sponsor

Got some goodies in the mail today! I'll share some pictures with you guys shortly!
Old Jan 17, 2011, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

i think i should buy a STI and sending to you guys..
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tray@Forged
Got some goodies in the mail today! I'll share some pictures with you guys shortly!
what's next to add to the monster?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Is it sad that I'm most jealous that they have fold down rear-seats haha?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Hurry Tray! Were getting ancy! Tell Ryan to get off his **** and do some work, so you can get some pics up!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:18 AM
Former Sponsor

Hi everyone,

I want to give you a brief street-based review of the GT Spec and Whiteline components now that I've had a chance to drive the car around town for about 350 miles. As a refresher, we've installed nearly the entire GT Spec and Whiteline catalog on our 2011 STi sedan, however, the shocks are still stock with just some drop in TEIN S-Tech springs. Obviously, the shocks leave something to be desired, but here are my impressions nonetheless.

Even on stock shocks, the car's chassis is transformed from washy and unstable to very firm and tight. Gone is the overall slop and play of the OEM bushings and arms. The car now tracks straight and true with very little input from the driver. Body roll has been reduced and staright line manners have not been sacrificed. It's also important to note there is ZERO increase in noise, harshness, rattles, or anything else of that nature. It's tight and quiet as a church mouse.

That said, we are really looking forward to installing the JRZ RS1 coilover's which are really the centerpiece of our suspension system. As a preview we just installed the first set of JRZ RS1's on the Forged Performance 370Z and the improvement is literally night and day compared to the TEIN Monoflex's that were on the car. The car changes directions like a go kart with no body roll whatsoever yet is extremely compliant in a straight line for daily driving purposes.

Once the JRZ RS1's are installed and dialed in, I'll be retesting the STi at Road Atlanta in March. I am really looking forward to what kinds of laptime improvements we see.

Now back to working on the exhaust...

Sharif
Old Jan 18, 2011, 06:34 AM

Don't worry EVOM, we'll have some EVO's there too

Siegel
Old Feb 7, 2011, 09:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Ok, we just wrapped up our prototype 3inch exhaust. We are still making some changes to the system, but I want to share a quick teaser dyno. On the first pull, I realize just how much trq, spool, and power we were missing and the results are nothing short of spectacular. Boost level is the same on both runs, and I think we're one of the only shops to post boost curves. All in the interest of sharing as much as possible with the community.

The only change is we switched from the stock exhaust to our 3 inch exhaust. I did not adjust timing, but I did have to ADD additional fuel because the new exhaust naturally resulting in less backpressure and more efficiency from the engine.

400rpm earlier spool which shifted the power curve 400rpm to the left
50ft/lbs peak trq improvement and 21whp peak improvement.
But even more telling, is the 100lb/ft trq improvement in the midrange

That said, the car as it sits now is actually decent in the midrange and a lot of fun to drive around town. Certainly not a road racing turbo by any means but much more tolerable than I would have expected with this big PTE 6765. I've got a bit more tuning to do on pump, but so far these are the highest numbers I've produced from 20psi on a 100% stock engine STi on our dyno. It would be nice to hit the magic 400whp on pump. Good stuff.

Shortly after that, we'll do some before/after testing of the one-of-a-kind AMS Prototype Intake Manifold.

Old Feb 7, 2011, 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Wow,

those are some nice results

Quick Reply: Forged Performance: 2011 STi Sedan MONSTER Build **check back often**