Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

GF has a MS3, pretty impressive little car..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the MS3 is a great car for daily driving if one is not into major power. Stock for stock in a real situation (say going from 20 - 60 mph on an on ramp or merge) it would not surprise me if the MS3 is faster than the EVO (based only on my test driving MS3 and owning EVO X).
It's a way sharper (steering / handling) car IMO than the WRX. It's "feels" to me very similar to the EVO in that regard. As for torque steer, all I can say is that you guys should hit the gym. It's noticeable I guess, but the limits at which it becomes a factor are way beyond what I'm willing to experience on public roads. That said, at the end of the day it would be tough choice to choose between a MS3, WRX, or GTI. I actually like them all.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 11:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pwdrtoastman
I have all motor mounts replace with custom ones, doesn't elminate trqe steer, nice try.....
You're right, I left out that the motor mounts combined with driving with both hands takes care of the issue.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

The MS3 is def not my old Evo, but it gets the job done. It's a nice little car that's not completely boring to drive and has very usable space.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Has anyone who's driven a MS3 driven the Caliber SRT4? I'm just wondering how comparable it is to the torque steer on that car. The CSRT4 was supposed to be competition for the MS3 so that's why I'm curious.

The CSRT4 had HORRIBLE torque steer. Get on it the wrong way and it wants to take you right off the road. It's an awful car from a performance stand point: too much body roll, vague steering, romp on the gas and spins tires, handling is unimpressive and begs you to go slower through turns.

One thing that surprised me about the CSRT4 is it's daily driver duties. I drove around my buddies for pretty much an entire day and actually loved it for DD. It cruised at a low rpm with very little road noise despite the large wheels and small tires. The suspension was pretty soft so road pretty smooth. The seats are firm, but comfortable (unlike the overly aggressive Neon SRT) although I wouldn't use them for any kind of racing. The blind spots aren't too bad for a lower roofed wagon and the A/C worked AWESOME!!

Sorry if that went a little OT, but I'm curious how they compare because I haven't gotten to drive the MS3 yet. And as far as competition is concerned the CSRT fails at the performance aspect.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SRTRaceR04
Has anyone who's driven a MS3 driven the Caliber SRT4? I'm just wondering how comparable it is to the torque steer on that car. The CSRT4 was supposed to be competition for the MS3 so that's why I'm curious.

The CSRT4 had HORRIBLE torque steer. Get on it the wrong way and it wants to take you right off the road. It's an awful car from a performance stand point: too much body roll, vague steering, romp on the gas and spins tires, handling is unimpressive and begs you to go slower through turns.

One thing that surprised me about the CSRT4 is it's daily driver duties. I drove around my buddies for pretty much an entire day and actually loved it for DD. It cruised at a low rpm with very little road noise despite the large wheels and small tires. The suspension was pretty soft so road pretty smooth. The seats are firm, but comfortable (unlike the overly aggressive Neon SRT) although I wouldn't use them for any kind of racing. The blind spots aren't too bad for a lower roofed wagon and the A/C worked AWESOME!!

Sorry if that went a little OT, but I'm curious how they compare because I haven't gotten to drive the MS3 yet. And as far as competition is concerned the CSRT fails at the performance aspect.
Always thought that they were AWD actually... so no lol.
Old Jan 2, 2011, 12:11 AM

Get a Cobb SRI, Cobb turbo inlet, test pipe, along with AP on stage 2 tune then you're set.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tigermack
Get a Cobb SRI, Cobb turbo inlet, test pipe, along with AP on stage 2 tune then you're set.
and what kind of hp/tq numbers are they getting with these few mods? 1/4 times?