Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Don't Own A EVO, But I will upgrade to EVO in the future :)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2011 | 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nothing wrong with a FD2, love the conversion btw, post up pics once you pick up an Evo
Old Jun 25, 2011 | 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

I'd say paint the fenders, but your JDM conversion looks sick!! Keep it AND get an Evo.
Old Jun 26, 2011 | 03:04 AM
Evolving Member

thanks for all the comments
Old Jun 26, 2011 | 03:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow possibly the cleanest honda I have seen. I can see what you mean when you say it looks almost kinda like an evo as the triangular gap under the front of the hood is similar to evo 9 bumper w/o mitsu logo. I would personally paint the hood and fenders but clean Nice work either way .
Old Jun 26, 2011 | 03:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great looking civic. I have a couple of friends that are huge honda heads, of course their stuff is way older. My wife has a 06 ex, great little car. Has 100k on the clock and hasn't skipped a beat. Any idea what evo you'll be looking to get? This forum has tons of good write up's comparing them. Have fun shopping!
Old Jun 26, 2011 | 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by rdwngs44
the guy wants an evo in the future but in the mean time drives a very reliable honda and you tell him to get taste? what did you drive before the evo?
That should be a thread " What did you drive before you got an EVO?"

I think his car is nice for a Honda and I am not a big Honda fan other than the NSX.
There are lots of good cars out there. My Evo is definitely the best and fastest I have had though.
Previous was Mazda MP5, not fast but convenient for transporting stuff.

Other previous cars I have had over the years is several 72-74 Beetles and Super Beetles ( although not much was super about them ) Still believe the VW Beetle was the Greatest Car ever made from a utilitarian perspective at least. From the KDF in 38 to the last Beetle in 03 the design barley changed and that says a lot. Windshield sprayers running of the air from the spare tire was a little insane though.
Old Jun 26, 2011 | 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gunther45
That should be a thread " What did you drive before you got an EVO?"

I think his car is nice for a Honda and I am not a big Honda fan other than the NSX.
There are lots of good cars out there. My Evo is definitely the best and fastest I have had though.
Previous was Mazda MP5, not fast but convenient for transporting stuff.

Other previous cars I have had over the years is several 72-74 Beetles and Super Beetles ( although not much was super about them ) Still believe the VW Beetle was the Greatest Car ever made from a utilitarian perspective at least. From the KDF in 38 to the last Beetle in 03 the design barley changed and that says a lot. Windshield sprayers running of the air from the spare tire was a little insane though.
Really?? I've never heard that before.
Old Jun 26, 2011 | 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Keep the civic (btw looking good) and save up to buy an evo later..(get a wicked white like mine)
Old Jun 26, 2011 | 08:57 AM

is that the jdm front bumper? if so now i know why you have those c/f fenders =)
Old Jun 26, 2011 | 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by SRTRaceR04
Really?? I've never heard that before.
yeah they might have changed that in the 78 though. You could get a kit from JC Whitney to make them electric I did that for at least two of them. although you could here the pump from inside the cabin, it was still more practical.

You want to hear something crazier is toward the end of the War, resources were low and there was a few KDF (original beetle) that were steam powered. A water tank on the bumper and I think you burned would under the bonnet. Not exactly sure how it worked but I am not making this crazy crap up. I love my Evo but the Germans when it comes to Engineering and Ingenuity are Brilliantly Insane!
Old Jun 26, 2011 | 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Moved - not an Evo, doesn't belong in Evo X Show & Shine section.
Old Jun 26, 2011 | 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

NICE!! FD2 with the civic type R front end on it ? is the front JDM or replica? either way looks nice. pay no mind to the *** making the nasty comment. we tend to have a few of those type of members on here. but when you do start frequently coming on here, you'll notice a big difference from the honda forums community,alot less flaming and hate. good luck on your evo hunt, id try and keep the FD also if i were you. its always nice to have two playcars.
Old Jun 26, 2011 | 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Paint the body panels..
Old Jul 8, 2011 | 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah...every of my friend is telling me to paint the fender to white to match the color...well i rather spend money on performance now... thanks for all the nice comment
Old Jul 15, 2011 | 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFIxz...ature=youtu.be

track day video