Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo for B5 S4

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2011, 05:26 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I just read somebody that owned a RS4 and he prefers the evo. go figure!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xwwgsr
The 335xi is faster than a stage 3 s4?
i don't know that it's faster, but it will be close and imo it's a much better car with more modern features.

also, i had a 500+whp evo for a long time and despite what was said in one of the the previous posts, i never had an s4 with 400+whp come anywhere close to my car, and i ran several of them.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

It is true the 335 does have more modern features bluetooth, navi, etc. Dont get me wrong I like the new 335s especially with the single turbo it should be easier to upgrade it. But for what you can get a stage 3 all done up for you cant beat it. legal-z you must know how to drive your car like I said if you know how to drive, even if your underpowered, you'll still pull ahead. The torque off the beep (if the evo isnt brake boosting) gives you atleast 2 car lengths and the evo is playing catchup the whole time waiting for the second of turbo lag to dissipate. I ran my friends s4 when I had my 6262 setup on the evo and I walked him like he was standing still. He put in some e85, upped it to about 30psi and tweaked the tune and we were door to door. Dont get me wrong he was pushing the **** out of the car (and eventually a rod let go) but lets be serious to be next to a 6262 evo you need some power.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by CNano8
It is true the 335 does have more modern features bluetooth, navi, etc. Dont get me wrong I like the new 335s especially with the single turbo it should be easier to upgrade it. But for what you can get a stage 3 all done up for you cant beat it. legal-z you must know how to drive your car like I said if you know how to drive, even if your underpowered, you'll still pull ahead. The torque off the beep (if the evo isnt brake boosting) gives you atleast 2 car lengths and the evo is playing catchup the whole time waiting for the second of turbo lag to dissipate. I ran my friends s4 when I had my 6262 setup on the evo and I wa

lked him like he was standing still. He put in some e85, upped it to about 30psi and tweaked the tune and we were door to door. Dont get me wrong he was pushing the **** out of the car (and eventually a rod let go) but lets be serious to be next to a 6262 evo you need some power.

Nice hearing from another owner man. Pm me some info about your car if you're planning on selling.

I am still trying to decide what else to get, but the X will probably go. Loved the recaros at first, then drove 6 hours in it and my wife`s back and hip and my back and neck were pretty bad at about 4-5. Not to mention she has sciatica. But the X just does not have the back support for me. Haven't looked to much into the 335, but may be a way to look.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:46 AM
Evolving Member

If the seats are the main reason for switching have you thought about new seats?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by slim8605
If the seats are the main reason for switching have you thought about new seats?
Yeah, but the time and money spent on swapping seats and getting the airbag code, I don't think it would be worth it to me. I could look, but what would really fit into it other than different race style seats?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CNano8
Lol thats like me saying the your evo is 5 years old, how nice is that interior.. My paint is original and it shines just as hard as my evo when its clean. It really doesn't matter how old the car is, aslong as its been taken care of.
Features, not wear and tear. But thanks for assuming.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What do you guys think? I am looking to sell my Evo X and go for an all out Stage 3+ B5 S4.

Main thing I dislike about my Evo is how uncomfortable my seats get after driving for nearly 4 hours. Kills my back. So am looking to sell mainly on that excuse. Other than that, I enjoy it greatly. At about 370whp, so it is quick. But I just love the B5 S4...

Any advice on this? Thanks
I know this is about the switch from vehical to vehical but, if your main arguement for selling is the seats...switch them. Thats a weak excuse to sell. Get some seats with good lumbar support and your set to go. I don't see this as a good swap on cars either.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by bluepeartype-s
I know this is about the switch from vehical to vehical but, if your main arguement for selling is the seats...switch them. Thats a weak excuse to sell. Get some seats with good lumbar support and your set to go. I don't see this as a good swap on cars either.
That's true, but I am interested in getting rid of my monthly pmnt too, or at least lowering it. The S4 is quick, less on insurance, and is pretty inexpensive, until I have to replace stuff.

What do aftermarket seats cost for these things anyway?
Old Aug 23, 2011, 01:32 PM

That's true, but I am interested in getting rid of my monthly pmnt too, or at least lowering it. The S4 is quick, less on insurance, and is pretty inexpensive, until I have to replace stuff.

What do aftermarket seats cost for these things anyway?

Recaro's or Bride's? I'd go with Brides...more expensive but very nice.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ut-prices.html
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:10 PM

I'll have to look into those, might be a bit more than I would want to pay though and don't look a whole lot different than what I currently have.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:21 PM

I'll have to look into those, might be a bit more than I would want to pay though and don't look a whole lot different than what I currently have.
Good luck..They aren't cheap...honestly I liked my VIII's Recaro's better than the X's. Thought they were more comfortable.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by bluepeartype-s
Good luck..They aren't cheap...honestly I liked my VIII's Recaro's better than the X's. Thought they were more comfortable.
That's crazy, because the X was supposed to compete more as comfortable wasn't it? JW, am I the only one that has a problem with these seats? Or does nobody drive more than 5 hours in these things lol.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

I've been on a few 5-6 hour road trips with my X and thought the seats were incredibly comfy. The X seems to fit me like a glove so it probably depends a lot on your body shape/proportions.

The most important factor is you aren't comfortable. I think uncomfortable seats is a pretty legitimate reason to sell and if you can lower your payment in the process more power to you.

If you want nice seats with lumbar support, I'd recommend something like the Cadillac CTS AWD (poster child for comfy seats instead of sporty seats). Other cars like the Lexus IS350 AWD might work.

If you need a turbo, I heard the Mazdaspeed 6 had nice seats and those are really cheap these days.

I don't think any of your choices are going to compete with the Evo for speed, unless you are willing to sacrifice the $$$ for maintenance in which case it might make more sense just to swap your current seats.
Old Aug 23, 2011, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

just to jump back in. if you can live with an auto and don't absolutely need awd, find a nice '05 or '06 e55 amg. they are bad *** stock and are easily boosted to 500+ whp and 600+ wtq. my merc is dead quite while cruising, has heated, cooled, dynamic seats and will blow off most cars on the road quite easily. just did an mhp stage 1+ upgrade plus a bigger throttle body and the car is insane while having most modern luxury amenities. picked mine up for $19k.

Quick Reply: Evo for B5 S4