Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Good bye evo .. Hello GTR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2011, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Nice, Swizer uses our dyno to tune the GTR's he builds, they are impressive. I am the opposite of you on the thoughts though, the reason I haven't bought one is they are too luxurious for me. I'd have to gut it and lose about 1,000 pounds of it, make it RAW and then I'd have one!

I hope you enjoy it, they are nice for sure.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by David Buschur
Nice, Swizer uses our dyno to tune the GTR's he builds, they are impressive. I am the opposite of you on the thoughts though, the reason I haven't bought one is they are too luxurious for me. I'd have to gut it and lose about 1,000 pounds of it, make it RAW and then I'd have one!

I hope you enjoy it, they are nice for sure.

I don't want to come off like it is the best thing out there . I really enjoyed the evo , but i went past the point of where is wasn't fun to drive anymore. Injector problems , too big of cams , only one place to get E85 for me , clutch/trans eater . There isn't a true 9 sec street driven evo . I worked with alot of vendors on here and have a few horror stories. I was tired of getting ripped off. I also didnt feel like a tear down every six months to replace/inspect rod bearings. High Hp evo's do not last long "if" driven daily.

I came to a point to continued with the evo and get something else to drive or just trade in for something else. I decided to go with the GTR , i have always like the car and wanted to experience what all the hype was about . I really do enjoy it , it is much more luxurious . It still handles like a over-sized go kart . But it isn't for everyone , it is very expensive to maintain.
There is a big difference between a race car with a licence plate and a fast street car.

I would have really like to seen how far you could take something like the GTR and make it. You are always out to push the envelope .
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Highboost26
I don't want to come off like it is the best thing out there . I really enjoyed the evo , but i went past the point of where is wasn't fun to drive anymore. Injector problems , too big of cams , only one place to get E85 for me , clutch/trans eater . There isn't a true 9 sec street driven evo . I worked with alot of vendors on here and have a few horror stories. I was tired of getting ripped off. I also didnt feel like a tear down every six months to replace/inspect rod bearings. High Hp evo's do not last long "if" driven daily.

I came to a point to continued with the evo and get something else to drive or just trade in for something else. I decided to go with the GTR , i have always like the car and wanted to experience what all the hype was about . I really do enjoy it , it is much more luxurious . It still handles like a over-sized go kart . But it isn't for everyone , it is very expensive to maintain.
There is a big difference between a race car with a licence plate and a fast street car.

I would have really like to seen how far you could take something like the GTR and make it. You are always out to push the envelope .
I don't agree with you at all on the "There isn't a true 9 sec street driven evo" part. We've built plenty and they were driven for years without having to take the pan off to inspect. No sense in leading the thread off track and best of luck to you on the GTR.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
omg nice! yes same here, only car i would upgrade to is a GTR !
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Sick GTR They are growin on me more and more i see them. I havent drove or been in one but i would like to go for a ride and see what its like. There are plenty of 9 sec Evos out there that are driven on a daily basic. I was one of them last year on the Fp Black running consistent 9.7s Enjoy man!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
What does a used GTR go for? I would love one. PM me what they go for anyone?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Sexy car man! Take care of her and post up some more pics please
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
How much did you pay for yours? I've been looking at '09 GTR's too.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by r/ternie
how much did you pay for yours? I've been looking at '09 gtr's too.
+1
Old Oct 15, 2011, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

right at 60k i paid .. 23k miles . you can look around and find them in that range , just make sure it is in good condition .. brakes , fluid , trans ... pretty expensive stuff to replace ..
Nissan wants right at 7k for rotors and pads , just an idea ..
Old Oct 15, 2011, 02:23 AM
Evolving Member

down pipes coated ready for install

Old Oct 15, 2011, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Would you lose yOur drivtrain warranty for not putting on oem brake rotors?

I wouldn't think so, but for 7k I think I'd make some pretty cool steel rotors and buy a few brake pads
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

well pads and rotor are a wear-able item .. So switching to something else wouldn't void anything . But say the transmission , if i have it flashed and i have a broke first gear from launching , no they wouldn't warranty it . Or say the intakes i have , if something got sucked it , it wouldn't be covered because it isn't OEM .
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Highboost26
well pads and rotor are a wear-able item .. So switching to something else wouldn't void anything . But say the transmission , if i have it flashed and i have a broke first gear from launching , no they wouldn't warranty it . Or say the intakes i have , if something got sucked it , it wouldn't be covered because it isn't OEM .

Likely the point of the car tho...that is, "not" to have to modify to the ends of the earth to get supercar performance at a reasonable price.. but I guess human nature is that if we "start" with 450 whp, we will "need" to get to 600 whp
Old Oct 15, 2011, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

problem is , i race my own shadow sometimes ..its just one of those things you wanna one up the other guy ..

Quick Reply: Good bye evo .. Hello GTR