Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

650HP + 600TQ = 2013 Ford GT500

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 650HP + 600TQ = 2013 Ford GT500

I love my evo but I come from a Ford family. Somebody put me on this earlier today. Priced around 50k new too. Upgrade the intake, exhaust, pulley, and add a tune and you can easily touch 700whp. Not bad Ford
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.co...500/index.html
Old Nov 15, 2011, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Ah man, is this how the story ends?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Whats up man! Either this or the "other" car, LOL
Old Nov 15, 2011, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
its pretty cool, but Its going to have a huge dealer mark up just like when the first GT500 came out.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 06:20 PM

ummm i wonder how much i could get off on that employee discount!! i had a trade in 2011 shelby that i had to look over and drive and all that. stupied fast. had a dyno sheet in the truck....735whp no joke.

Last edited by slim101; Nov 15, 2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fabcas311
here's a good example that u dont need crazy power, just need balance and how to put that power on the ground. 09 gtr vs gt500
was just going to say all that power and no way to put it down, current shelby only runs mid-low 12s
Old Nov 15, 2011, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd buy that Mustang.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Thats not a bad price point for that much power and tq
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:23 AM

What happened to talking about a mustang?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I read that this Mustang is supposed to have a top speed of 200mph... I don't see how thats going to be possible when the current GT500 tops out around 155mph. Adding 150hp isn't going to translate into 45mph more on the top end. I'm calling BS on Fords part.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 09:54 AM

They changed the tranny and gear end gearing which Im sure increased top speed and Im sure current ones go over 155 they are probably just limited. They also avoided the gas guzzler tax with the gearing changes. It also has launch control and new suspension, I think I read electronic shocks or something of the sorts, so it should easily be faster in the 1/4 then the current GT500. But either way its out of my price range and would easily beat my Cobra given the current tires on the back and hell even with DR or slicks too. I am just glad Ford stepped it up to top the ZL1.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At the end of the day, it is still a Mustang. If you like Mustang's, this is great for you. If you don't, this is not.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

It's still a mustang means what? That's it shares the same frame as a v6 305 hp car? We share the same frame as a crappy 1xx hp grocery getter. Are you referencing to the dime a dozen stangs on the road? I see 10x evo's on the road vs. shelby gt's. The Shelby gt is a bossin' car, good luck with your choice Gerald.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

WOW look what I come back to.

First off, how in the hell did this become a GT500 vs GTR debate?!? I was trying to highlight how Ford (an American company) has stepped their game up. Clearly Ford is listening to their buyers and watching the competition.

Secondly, I love the GTR. In fact, I haven't ruled out purchasing one next year. With that said the cost to maintain and mod a GTR is nuts right now. Most GTR owners dont go past Y-pipes, intakes, actuators, Cobb access port, and exhaust. Price those mods up and you will see what I'm getting at. Its nice as Hell but at what costs.

Furthermore, Dont get it twisted there aren't a lot of GTR's making 700whp. There are 2 major GTR shops in Atlanta so I know what they put down and I know how they tear up. You just will never hear about it publicly. What makes the GTR so breath-taking is not the power it makes. Its that amazing lightning quick transmission combined with 2 small turbos and displacement. The video of the Super Snake vs GTR doesn't mean a thing either. If you read the actual article, it clearly articulates how Ford has improved traction, gearing, and handling.

I like and respect anything that's fast and its no secret that I love Fords. I respect other people opinions but c'mon this Mustang can/will roll out and to be honest on the highway it will roll out on most evos. To each his own but I think Ford has done well. Now can we please keep the GTR stuff out?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PsychDr. HN$
WOW look what I come back to.

First off, how in the hell did this become a GT500 vs GTR debate?!? I was trying to highlight how Ford (an American company) has stepped their game up. Clearly Ford is listening to their buyers and watching the competition.

Secondly, I love the GTR. In fact, I haven't ruled out purchasing one next year. With that said the cost to maintain and mod a GTR is nuts right now. Most GTR owners dont go past Y-pipes, intakes, actuators, Cobb access port, and exhaust. Price those mods up and you will see what I'm getting at. Its nice as Hell but at what costs.

Furthermore, Dont get it twisted there aren't a lot of GTR's making 700whp. There are 2 major GTR shops in Atlanta so I know what they put down and I know how they tear up. You just will never hear about it publicly. What makes the GTR so breath-taking is not the power it makes. Its that amazing lightning quick transmission combined with 2 small turbos and displacement. The video of the Super Snake vs GTR doesn't mean a thing either. If you read the actual article, it clearly articulates how Ford has improved traction, gearing, and handling.

I like and respect anything that's fast and its no secret that I love Fords. I respect other people opinions but c'mon this Mustang can/will roll out and to be honest on the highway it will roll out on most evos. To each his own but I think Ford has done well. Now can we please keep the GTR stuff out?
Well said. GTR's are so last year anyway!!

I applaud Ford's further progress, making their cars better and better.

Quick Reply: 650HP + 600TQ = 2013 Ford GT500