Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

evo vs a civic plus $15000 in parts?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2005, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^^ True We put 15 thousand in our car, now we are talking hahaha!! lol
Old Apr 8, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah... 15k in an Evo... and little will be able to keep up. Anyway, Utah's the home to a lot of REALLY fast civics, Courtney (spelling?) for example. I fear them more than a lot of the Corvettes and stuff here, and on top of that, the whole SRT4 thing is true, a few thousand into them and they all can keep up with me just fine, but I came across one yesterday at a dual left hand turn lane light, and he was on the inside, and I smoked him around it and got in front. Moral of the story: it could go just as fast as me (Maybe even faster) in a straight line (it drove behind me on a long road for awhile) but it couldn't do a thing while I was turning.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Everyone can have their own opinions, but homest;y the complete package that the EVO offers will be hard for any Civic to beat.
Old Apr 8, 2005, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by vbquad
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but a friend of mine said he test drove the evo and said it was over hyped. He said ....

and this guy is your friend?! lol....
Old Apr 8, 2005, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

i ran my friends hatch b18c1 just one seat in his car. on slicks race gas and squirting out the hole and every gear, on a 61 pill. i still beat him by 4 cars. Four door i love this car.
Old Apr 9, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Muramasa
funny. for all those civic lovers... why not just save up all that cash that you've got and buy a better car??? its like keeping ure old shoes and upgrading ure socks. =P yeah ull run a bit more comfortable but hey... ure shoes are dying and ure toes are sticking out.
HAAHAH!! oh my goodness, i am gonna quote u on that, hell I mgiht even get that decal'd on my rear bumper....

"Modding a Civic is like keeping old shoes and upgrading socks"

HAHA CLASSIC!!!

anyways, yeah i feel the same as everyone here, thats modded VS Stock, people always say OOH dont race this civic with a b20, b40, b80 whatever! im sick of all these hondas swapping engines cuz their stock b16 cant help em. Our STOCK 4g63 aint goin nowhere and it'll still rock tha hell out of a lotta cars even V8s OFF the line, 1/4, autoX, and sometimes from a roll. I live in Fresno, where there are tons and TONS of Hondas with swaps and claim they run these times and those times and blah blah, but at the end of the day, u can beat me, but i didnt spend hours and headaches on end swapping an entire engine, i just bought a car and put up bolt ons and a new clutch and i still run 12s . Bolts in a civic and a new clutch will still give u 15s, and i get props from people about my car atleast 4x a day when im at work. BEAT THAT CIVIC. Evolutions are a legend, Civics are just repetition
Old Apr 11, 2005, 09:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm currently a honda and an evo owner, and to say that modding a civic is like keeping your old socks is kind of funny, but it just goes to show you don't understand what its all about.

To me owning a civic that's highly modified, is being able to do whatever you want to it. To race it hard w/o being afraid to break it or crash it. w/o being afraid of voiding your warantee, doing it yourself, making parts for it from scratch and meeting other hardcore enthusiasts interested in the same thing.

Yes, the car is slow in stock form, but i've been doing this since 96', and I have put Honda's in the 12's, 11's, and 10's all in street form. My own personal Honda puts out 498 whp at 21 psi.

On open track days, my friend's and their road race prepped hondas do well in the advanced group against more expensive cars. The current renditions of the cars make 230 or so whp all motor from the new k series engines. That's not to say, they are just fast because they have power under the hood, but more that they are fast because they track their cars all the time, and have a lot of seat time. They have been consistently at the track since 98'. When your car is low maintainance due to its light weight, going to the track is less expensive. Start with a less expensive car w/ relatively cheap and available spares and tracking your car is even more affordable.

Some of you people seriously need to get over yourselves. Hate to break it to you, but in the eyes of the general public our EVO's with their big wings and such, look just about as ridiculous as some riced out hondas.
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

I didnt read the entire 4 pages of this post so Im not sure whats been said but I read the first couple and pretty much every one saying a civic is still a civic.

I remeber a few months ago or maybe longer in some import tuining mag someone from Japan (maybe top secret or autobacs???) built a civic to beat Skyline GT-Rs on road courses and it did it very well
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RalliArtEvoVIII
blah, but at the end of the day, u can beat me, but i didnt spend hours and headaches on end swapping an entire engine
Some people actually enjoy working on their cars
Old Apr 11, 2005, 10:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The way I see it, nothings wrong with a Civic still being a Civic. I mean what else would it even be? What a tired and rehashed cliche'.

The Honda community has put their cars into the low eights trapping at over 170 mph. Unibody frame and B18C motor. And yes it still is a Civic!