Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Project Evolution of the Eclipse *Build Thread*

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:37 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4g64t_dohc
lol yeah I understand, just the peple on clubg3 are complete as%holes so not to happy with starting to use the forums.
That isn't very nice. Tsk tsk.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
That isn't very nice. Tsk tsk.
Well he is just telling the truth and you know what they say the truth hurts!! lol lol!!!
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:00 PM

yeah well it just seems like everyone on the forums don't really have nice helpful things to say. they waist their time posting rude comment and what not and they won't even help with things or give advice.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo8912
Well he is just telling the truth and you know what they say the truth hurts!! lol lol!!!
I have heard that now from a number of people (both online and IRL). I disagree.

I used to own a 3G. This platform has come a LONG way. I remember when the 6G74 swap was a rumor. Now it is common place. I remember when the 6G75 was out of the question. Now it has been done many times. I remember when AWD was unthinkable. Now it is a reality. Hell, even V6 AWD is almost done with more than one different kind of transmission.

The original build threads for all of these cars were posted on that site. Some of the major discussions about these things rage on.

I will admit that there is a fair amount of drama (this has gotten better, over the years). However, I still value the information contained on that site.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:42 PM
Former Sponsor

...and they won't even help with things or give advice.
I help people, whenever I can. When push comes to shove, there are helpful people on that site.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 02:45 PM
Former Sponsor

word of advice: Gordain76, maybe you should keep your F&%king comments to yourself, just because i don't know what someone was referring to when they used "speed density" along with the EMS. I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TUNE A CAR USING THIS PRODUCT, so just because i was unaware of a aftermarket air intake temp sensor i am not capable of this build?? that's pretty pathetic dude.
This is why you wouldn't make it long on C3G. That is childish behavior no matter what board you are on.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 03:48 PM

Yes I agree there some still willing to help on c3g heck the last 4 years I have researched on the 3g night and day and I still have a lot to learn. Lol
Old Dec 20, 2011, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

word of advice: Gordain76, maybe you should keep your F&%king comments to yourself, just because i don't know what someone was referring to when they used "speed density" along with the EMS. I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO TUNE A CAR USING THIS PRODUCT, so just because i was unaware of a aftermarket air intake temp sensor i am not capable of this build?? that's pretty pathetic dude.

not to start a arguement but i started using this site (instead of club3g) due to ignorant people like you. all the work that has been done to this car and all the work that is going to be done to this car i have done and will be DOING myself, minus the tuning (i do not own a dyno, nor am i going to rent one out and risk messing the tune up or doing it improperly)
There's certain things one needs to know when one is tackling a project of this nature.Not knowing what a simple thing like speed density could mean The swap is not meant for you to do on your own.Ive actually done a few of these swaps at the shop and they aren't that easy.I even did an 06 eclipse awd and the level of difficulty is not for your average joe.Well I'm not going to argue with a kid that does Lambo doors.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 05:48 PM

I almost bought an Eclipse that looked like that just stock, similar color though. Ended up with the Lancer.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

that will be a lot of power for a fwd car.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Looks nice, and nice polish work. Just lose the lambo doors man.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rightaway
that will be a lot of power for a fwd car.
That's what I'm saying. If you have unlimited funds and you put this much money into it, why in the world would you not have just bought an evo! All this power on a fwd car is absolutely pointless. Anything over 300whp is just simply to do burn outs in 3rd gear lol. Not hating or talking s**t, more of a question as to why an eclipse and not an evo?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:36 AM

As another 3G in the middle of an Evo build I will say you need to calm down when you get criticized, take a step back from the project your rushing into and do more research.

Ps yo rimz and doors are a no go.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 08:46 PM

I have a fully race rebuilt tranz with a Quaife LSD so i have power to both wheels instead of the single wheel drive(hoping this will handle the power) but i've been hearing from a number of people that i NEED to be doing the AWD swap because the FWD isn't going to do it. with that being said, is there anyway i can mate the Evo 8 awd transmission up to my 2.4L block? i really don't want to buy a 2.0 block and then stroke it to get it back up to my 2.4l. I'm doing a FULL long block build, i just got my Wiseco pistons and K1 rods along with the K1 crankshaft, and ACL rod, main and thrust bearings. so there's no reason this block won't handle it. i believe the only reason why people say the 2.4l block doesn't handle as much as the 2.0 is because the evo 8 block is Factory made to handle a turbo where as the 2.4l got the **** end of the stick for internal parts, correct?

so is the evo 8 bellhousing bolt pattern the same as the 2.4l block bolt pattern for the bellhousing?

To each their own as for the car visuals go, I think my car looks nice how it is.

what's wrong with that??

looks gorgeous in my opinion!

Last edited by 4g64t_dohc; Dec 22, 2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:08 PM

Your asking a lot of questions you could easily find the answers to on C3G. Just search bostonhatchers members ride thread for the AWD swap info and voodoo's ride shows what the stock 2.4 L 4g64 can do.

I troll this forum for info but 3G specific questions won't be getting too many answers here.

As far as looks, too each his own. IMO it looks rice

Quick Reply: Project Evolution of the Eclipse *Build Thread*