Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2013 Dodge Dart compact sedan revealed and priced at crazy low price

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2013 Dodge Dart compact sedan revealed and priced at crazy low price

Dart revealed and priced at $15995 only

http://www.dartoc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3

Looks like it's totally aimed for enthusiasts.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'll wait until the SRT-4 Model in announced. I like the front but not the rear.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

That is pretty good for the price. I didnt really read it but is it a RWD?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

$15995 is a good price??? thats about average price for any base model yaris,fit,accent,versa etc... i hope all of you don't think that the indash and all those other features are standard ??

i said it on honda-tech i'll say it here as well. Same bland dodge styling, and i assume same dodge reliability as well.. they really know how to take a car from the past and bring it back and **** it up...
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I think its pretty cool, especially with all the features and options. Really liking the iphone app.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by donmeca2020
$15995 is a good price??? thats about average price for any base model yaris,fit,accent,versa etc... i hope all of you don't think that the indash and all those other features are standard ??

i said it on honda-tech i'll say it here as well. Same bland dodge styling, and i assume same dodge reliability as well.. they really know how to take a car from the past and bring it back and **** it up...

you have zero clue what you talking about, as this a completly ALfa Romeo platform, just streched and made a lttle bigger for US market...Alfa Rome Gulietta has been car of the year in Europe many times.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 03:19 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Imagine pulling at the pump, the gas person starts bull****ting with you and asks "hey! What engine you got?" you reply and say "Tiger Shark" then wait a couple seconds and ask the gas guy, what you never heard of a tiger shark? Then pay him and drive away letting him figure it out.
Hey, it could happen!

My last experiance with dodge was really, really bad. Dodge vehicles are the most waste of money.
Stuck in a 3 year lease and the car is at the dealer every other week. My motto "Dodge a Dodge"
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Seems like nothing more then a rebadged Alfa to me. Seems like we don't even get the top dog engine over here. Nothing to get too excited about until the SRT-4 version which is hopefully not going to be FWD.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by erald01
you have zero clue what you talking about, as this a completly ALfa Romeo platform, just streched and made a lttle bigger for US market...Alfa Rome Gulietta has been car of the year in Europe many times.
I don't know much about the Gulietta. Is that a driver's type car (hopefully)?

There's some FWD cars out there that still get some praise as to their fun and handling (Mini for example) so hopefully this one doesn't turn out the typical econobox performance.

And agreed on the SRT-4 version, that will really give this car a performance image.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

if i want a civic ill go buy a civic lol
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's going to be the new neon is all... The interior looks very nice though, I was slightly impressed.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:45 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Mainly annoys me that Chrysler took a hatchback platform and converted it to a sedan at a time when compact hatches are surging in popularity.

It's like Chrysler doesn't want to succeed.

I don't expect to hear anything about a SRT-4 option until the car has been out for at least a couple years and showed decent sales figures.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is replacing the Caliber which was pretty easy to do. For those not impressed...I honestly am surprised. The interior of this car is leaps beyond what you see out of other manufacturers. Sure you wont get all the bells and whistles at the base price but the quality is still much better. Have you ever sat in a Versa?!? OMG it is all plastic and hard. I am in the Automotive manufacturing sector and have seen where the quality had dropped to and where it has been heading the past few years. There is nothing that looks as good, has the quality, or the technology in it at the same price point as the Dart. It will do well.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:54 AM

Kia Forte....that is all
Old Jan 12, 2012, 03:27 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Other than "better than the Caliber" I can't think of anything good to say.

Quick Reply: 2013 Dodge Dart compact sedan revealed and priced at crazy low price