Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2007 Escalade Exhaust & Tuning Help Needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2012, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bump for info needed!!!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really do not understand why anyone would really want to DD an escalade out of every other option. And then complain about getting 11 mpg.(Not directed at you OP)
This is the problem buying 7 year old full size SUV's. Gas was expensive back then too but its only going higher. That truck is seriously way too heavy for any type of vehicle besides a Friday/Saturday night cruising car
Old Mar 1, 2012, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sblvro
I get the regular escalades as a loaner when I get my escalade hybrid serviced and it is already loud stock! it also has a neck snapping acceleration from stop. try cadillacforums.com/forums or tahoe/yukon forums for the exhausts.
You're right about that, we have an '08 and I thought the thing had an aftermarket exhaust! The note is pretty deep. Sounds pretty good.

But OP I can understand why you want to get the most out of the beast!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Yes the truck sounds good as it sits. Could be just a little louder for my taste. I plan on keeping the truck for quite awhile so why not make it exactly how I want it.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

okay here the list to keep your truck classy like its meant to be;
1) exhaust ( i think corsa would do it)
2) intake (which you already have)
3) tune (HP tune) or check diablo sport
4) Corvette Trans Servos to make the shifting more crisp

I am not sure what else you looking for, but more than these list then you are wasting your money since the Escalade is way to heavy to be a performance SUV, its a real FULL size suv not a mid size SUV (like Jeep SRT, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, BMW X5M)..
Old Mar 1, 2012, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

I have watched a crap load of Corsa exhaust videos and I think it is a little loud. I am kinda leaning toward a Gibson catback.

I need to get a tune and get rid of the torque tables as the kill the take off of the truck and make the shifts really blah. I do not tune and this has to be either done with HP tuners or EFIlive. Anyone out there use these?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

i have a friend whos got an avalanche with a borla catback and his dads got one with a corsa. corsa is definitely a little louder but has a real mean rumble. borla is quieter but still nice.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IGetItPoppin
I really do not understand why anyone would really want to DD an escalade out of every other option. And then complain about getting 11 mpg.(Not directed at you OP)
This is the problem buying 7 year old full size SUV's. Gas was expensive back then too but its only going higher. That truck is seriously way too heavy for any type of vehicle besides a Friday/Saturday night cruising car
Its not just a DD. I need it for the room and to tow my Evo and my 20ft enclosed trailer. Im towing 8500 pounds so having a big truck is needed. But like you said any truck gets bad gas mileage so no one can really win DD a big V8 truck or pick up. Lose lose sitution.

I agree though Extreme, i would like mine a little louder. I just dont want it too loud to the point on the highway at higer RPMs its annoying ya know.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

^Do you have an EXT or ESV? How does it do pulling your enclosed trailer? I have a Featherlite 18 foot flatbed and a 24 foot Featherlite enclosed trailer. I figure the enclosed trailer and evo would be a little under 7k pounds. I don't know if I want to even try to pull the enclosed one.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM
^Do you have an EXT or ESV? How does it do pulling your enclosed trailer? I have a Featherlite 18 foot flatbed and a 24 foot Featherlite enclosed trailer. I figure the enclosed trailer and evo would be a little under 7k pounds. I don't know if I want to even try to pull the enclosed one.
I just have regular version. Its black fully loaded. I have a 2011 RC Enclosed trailer. It weighs around 2900 pounds empty. It tows like a beast. But ill tell you this, tow in the M mode (manual shift). It keeps the RPMs up a little bit in each gear and wont make the automatic trans keep on shifting especially going uphill. Tows a lot better then just leaving it in Automatic. Your EXT wont have any problem towing any of those trailers trust me
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

We shall see how it pulls the enclosed trailer. I had an 02 F350 with a 7.3 that I pulled it with before. Missing some torque now. LOL!!!

So, I talked to one of my friends about a tune. Him and another guy I know both got their trucks tuned from Black Bear Performance. He said he did alot of reading and nothing but good reviews. He has a 2007 Silverado with a 6.0 and he said the tune was like night and day difference. Here is a link to the website: http://www.blackbearperformance.com/services.asp#

He also said the other guy I know took off the resonator off his 2011 6.2 and it sounds a little more pissed. He said it sounds good and is not raspy at all.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Here is a link to a guy with the 6.2, a set of headers and Black Bear tune. Watch the videos and his truck moves pretty good for a tank.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/inde...s&fromsearch=1