Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2007 Escalade Exhaust & Tuning Help Needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2012, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 Escalade Exhaust & Tuning Help Needed!!!

Just picked up a 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT with the 6.2. I put a K&N complete intake kit on it so far. I am looking to get a little more HP out of it and a little better mileage.

Exhaust? Headers? Tuning? I know there is a crap load of different hand held tuners out there but I know nothing about them.

As for exhaust, I do not want anything too loud. On the way home, I got 17.8mpg out of it. Would like to see almost 20mpg.

For a big tank, it gets up and goes as it sits but everything can use a little more power.

Any suggestions appriciated.

Thank you.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think GM uses HP tuners, as for MPGs good luck, a tune is not going to make that big of a difference on a pig like the escalade. Comfy SUVs but if you buy an escalade gas is the last thing you should worry about ..if i was you i would just get a nice exhaust ( look into Corsa) and thats it. Escalades need to be kept classy, too loud and it will be like a hillbilly truck LOL

btw 17.8 mpg???? damn...my Jeep gets 15, but still love the power on it lol
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you are looking for better MPG then forget about the headers, intake and exhaust those will worsen your MPG significantly , it will go from 7 mpg to 3 mpg

The tune could help only if you tune for mpg and not for performance

More hp more gas consumption
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

I was looking at the tune more for HP. As for all the bolt on taking away from MPG, are you refering to your foot getting heavier? I was under the impression with the bolt ons, if you drive it normal you will get better mileage?

I heard a corsa exhaust on a 2006 CTS-V and it was ear pearcing!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by apagan01

The tune could help only if you tune for mpg and not for performance
Not necessarily true, i always tune my cars for both performance and better mpg, all you have to do is adjust your part throttle/cruising maps. On the highway you get good mileage but stump on the throttle and bye bye
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM

the cts-v and escalade are completely different beasts/exhaust set up, so you cant really say that. On my SRT the corsa is very nice and mellow, no drone nothing, step on the gas and it screams V8..
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

here is one

http://youtu.be/uzo-UIlAw08
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was looking at the tune more for HP. As for all the bolt on taking away from MPG, are you refering to your foot getting heavier? I was under the impression with the bolt ons, if you drive it normal you will get better mileage?

As long as you do get a spot on tune with the bolt ons you should see an increase in MPG. Have no experience with Escalades however. The tune will make or break you so to speak when it comes to mpg. Programmers I don't think will really help you with that. Best idea would be to browse an Escalade forum. People modify everything so i'm sure you'd get the best answer there.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

LOL, I was just going to post that. That one sounds good, this one sounds loud!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQyoyM8zEa0
Old Feb 29, 2012, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

One of the other things I can't stand is, I am pretty sure that it retards the timing when it shifts. I am not 100% sure on that but that is what I heard. I want it to shift a little harder than it does. I am picky!!!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

No other opinions?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 07:40 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I get the regular escalades as a loaner when I get my escalade hybrid serviced and it is already loud stock! it also has a neck snapping acceleration from stop. try cadillacforums.com/forums or tahoe/yukon forums for the exhausts.
Old Mar 1, 2012, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

One of the other things I can't stand is, I am pretty sure that it retards the timing when it shifts. I am not 100% sure on that but that is what I heard. I want it to shift a little harder than it does. I am picky!!!
I know the Tahoe/Yukon guys use Corvette servos for their auto transes, my buddy did it on his Yukon and it shifted a lot better
Old Mar 1, 2012, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 2007 Escalade as well and i dont get 17.8MPG. On the computer right now it says 11.8MPG and i dont know why the gas mileage is so terrible. Mine has 60,500 miles on it right now and runs well. I would like to get it tuned or what not to get better gas mileage. Its terrible lol
Old Mar 1, 2012, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

^LOL!!! The 17.8 was all highway driving and it was off the computer. From my calculating so far, the computer mileage is pretty damn close.

I have been doing some reading in my spare time and come up with nothing for exhaust and mpg.

Quick Reply: 2007 Escalade Exhaust & Tuning Help Needed!!!