Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Open source Ecu flash for Supra?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2012, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Open source Ecu flash for Supra?

Hey fellaz, just picked up a MKIV not too long ago.
Wanted to know if anybody knows if there is any free ecu tuning software for the Supras. I know Ecuflash is mainly for Subaru's and Mitsubishi's but I want to know if that technology can be applied to the Supra's as well. Thanks.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoHung
Hey fellaz, just picked up a MKIV not too long ago.
Wanted to know if anybody knows if there is any free ecu tuning software for the Supras. I know Ecuflash is mainly for Subaru's and Mitsubishi's but I want to know if that technology can be applied to the Supra's as well. Thanks.
Nope
The only way to tune the stock ECU is to chip it
You can also used some kind of piggyback to control it(Apex'i SAFC,Greddy E-Manage,Unichip,MAP ECU etc)
For more Supra info go to supraforums.com
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^this.

Theres no way to reflash the stock ecu. If your on stock twins all you need is a piggyback(i recommend mapecu3). If your on a single then an EMS(AEM, Motec, Proefi, Haltech) is pretty much a must..
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm on supra forums. I read that Supra ecus can't be flashed because they don't use "EPROM" or something like that...but they were talking about MK3s and I don't know if MK3s ecu and MK4s ecu is any different...
Better yet, heres a quote from supraforum member Wreckless:

Originally Posted by Wreckless

"Unlike DSM's and S13/S14's and a lot of other cars, the Supra does not use an EPROM or any kind of socketed ECU.

The nature of the Supra's ECU is such that in order to add an EPROM, a specific daughterboard needs to be installed and the ECU case expanded to make room, making the process 3 or 4 times more expensive than ROM tuning an SR20DET ECU, for example. Mine's, Blitz, Techtom, and a few other companies made remapped ECU's for the 7M-GTE, 1G-GTE, and 1JZ-GTE MK3 Supras, but they are rare and expensive when you find one, because the high price of getting them tuned means there's a hell of a lot fewer of them floating around." /quote

I got a single and yeah, I know eventually I will need a full stand alone. Just trying to find out if theres more out there now due to the development of the Evos Ecuflash department?
Dunno, just thinking out loud I guess.

Last edited by EvoHung; Mar 18, 2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 03:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoHung
I'm on supra forums. I read that Supra ecus can't be flashed because they don't use "EPROM" or something like that...but they were talking about MK3s and I don't know if MK3s ecu and MK4s ecu is any different...
Better yet, heres a quote from supraforum member Wreckless:

Originally Posted by Wreckless

"Unlike DSM's and S13/S14's and a lot of other cars, the Supra does not use an EPROM or any kind of socketed ECU.

The nature of the Supra's ECU is such that in order to add an EPROM, a specific daughterboard needs to be installed and the ECU case expanded to make room, making the process 3 or 4 times more expensive than ROM tuning an SR20DET ECU, for example. Mine's, Blitz, Techtom, and a few other companies made remapped ECU's for the 7M-GTE, 1G-GTE, and 1JZ-GTE MK3 Supras, but they are rare and expensive when you find one, because the high price of getting them tuned means there's a hell of a lot fewer of them floating around." /quote

I got a single and yeah, I know eventually I will need a full stand alone. Just trying to find out if theres more out there now due to the development of the Evos Ecuflash department?
Dunno, just thinking out loud I guess.
No
Best bet is piggyback ECU