Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

LS1 vs. Evo VIII: Oh how the mighty have fallen

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:38 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice writeup.

As far as looks go, I love how the Evo looks, everything except for the tails which actually look OK on the silver car.
On the other hand, the only american muscle car I really like look wise is Corvette, Mustang (not the newest one) would take 2nd place and Camaro I think is fugly. But that's my opinion.
Taste shouldn't be discussed.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:50 PM

When I was considering the EVO I also looked into the vette, cobra, and the others but none of them really gave me the feeling, you know the one I am talking about. The big cheese eating grin that doesnt go away and overall feeling of pure unaldulterated joy. Thats the feeling, and also knowing I only paid $30G's
Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

I must say I am most impressed with the write up....

After I get my EVO I'm going to take my "mustang" friends for a ride in it. First, I'll take a picture of the smiles on their faces. Then I'll race em in the stangs (one has a v6 and the other is a 99 cobra). I know i could take the 6 and the guy who owns the cobra drives like a ***** so I don't have to worry their. Then i'll take a picture of them on their knees worshipping the car and post it for you guys.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Ugly! Where the hell do these guys, who have to buy a car with a large engine to make up for other areas, get off calling the evo ugly. The f body style is as ugly as it gets! Girlie?!! Have you seen the firebird? Even the trans looks like a girlie car. Granted the engine belongs in no girlie car, but damn they dare not say the EVO looks ugly. I mean even the mustangs have some decent looks (in convertible form IMHO). However with saying all that, how many new camaros and firebirds did GM sell this year? Oh yea that's right None! Because the mustang sold more units alone than both the trans and the camaro and GM canned em(by the way I'm no fan of fords) And another thing, two words.... GAS MILEAGE! Lastly, if anything is ricey looking, look at the tail lights on trans... looks like you left the car on the cinderblocks in the back too long and bees inhabited them...
Old Jan 27, 2004, 01:07 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

Yeah I took 2 of my buddies from work which are basically BMW fans and boy I wish I had a camera in the car. They were both grinning as much as I have. It's just too much fun...
Old Jan 27, 2004, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by CXspeed
Lastly, if anything is ricey looking, look at the tail lights on trans... looks like you left the car on the cinderblocks in the back too long and bees inhabited them...
HAHAHAH!!
Old Jan 27, 2004, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Preference in style and racing is an opinion and depends soley on the indivual. Trying to dispute that is seriously a waste of time and insult to everyone.

American muscle car was and is still built for drag racing. Rally racing is just gaining grounds here in the States. It's going to take some time to for everyone to realize that not all races come in just straight lines or all left turns.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
another convert to our team half those guys wouldn't know what rice was if you dumped a bowl of it over their head's
Old Jan 27, 2004, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

I am 02hurstSS at ls1.com. I belive I posted a couple of times in that thread. Coming from the fbody to the evo, I have no regrets.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

they say the evo is ugly.....tipical V8head...a camaro is the fu*kin ugliest car my eyes have ever seen...and thats no lie...
Old Jan 27, 2004, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Great link! When I first went to the track and just mopped a SS Camaro, a dude in a mustang came up to me and was like, "What the hell is that?!!" The guy in the camaro had shrinkage and ran away.... You have to look, but there are quite a few cool V8 guys out there who will give you your due.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

one ride is all you need to sell these cars. I was a strict German car enthusiast for 5+ years, owning one with 300+ turbo ponies.

Someone i knew gave me a ride in his, and it scared the **** out of me. I then realized that every car i had owned previous to this ride was a flaming heap of ****, and that i could no longer live without an Evolution. 1 month later, i owed $19,000 on my own.

It happened to me, it happened to the Comaro guy... one ride changed my life. I feel good.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

The smile is contagous
Old Jan 27, 2004, 06:50 PM

that was an awesome post...it's good to hear from someone talk about a car different from what they own who isn't biased.

the whole rice arguement cracks me the hell up though...come on, the evo is a ******* rally car...where do they get their rice arguement from? altezzas make a car rice? it's stock - and the wing is a friggen rally-inspired, functional component of the car...lol wow shows how thick-headed and biased some people can be.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

I almost fell off my chair laughing when of the ls1 guys posted this:

"this post upsets me....i feel as though you have turned your back on an american muscle car icon...and me as an american car loving person."

Quick Reply: LS1 vs. Evo VIII: Oh how the mighty have fallen