Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

LS1 vs. Evo VIII: Oh how the mighty have fallen

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2004, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evos rulz ls1s are teh sux!!111

Last edited by Ultor; Jan 27, 2004 at 09:30 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

1337 beeeehacth fooo sheezee
Old Jan 27, 2004, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

all i have to say is wow, great writeup, i love the way you described it, it was like a poem or somthing lol
Old Jan 27, 2004, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2004, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

i just love to meet those hard core V8 people on the streets that call your car a ricer and to prove them wrong, it just feels so good
Old Jan 28, 2004, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

knut heads

The LS1 post was really good.

Don't catch me wrong, there is nothing wrong with the V8 heads, except Detriot keeps putting out "lower" power V8s. Even our European friends put down more power N/A in a V8 than 'most' of the hottest V8s we have around. Believe me, the world is not defined around the LS1, and LS6 motors.

Additionally, speaking of the EVO as a girly car...well...if you were to take all of the EVOs out there, from the RS on up, the GSR is probably the 'most' girly...why? Because its got the most creature comforts, THAT'S IT! The motor is not different, the turbo is not different, the chassis and setup are not different, than the 'track-ready' EVOs. Actually the *cough* 'eros, 'birds, and the 'stangs *cough* are purchased by more 'women' than men, statisically speaking. Yeah...more women stop to look at my friend's Green "Automatic SlushBox, V6" Mustang than my EVO, but 'when' I get any car enthusiast in my EVO, they're at least respectful of what an EVO can and will do on command.

So...if one wants to talk about "box" and "four doors" and "econo box" try the BMW three series, and then get an M3. If you want a Corvette beater, get an M5. Sheesh! Or for that matter, the Covette over the last five years, has gotten more 'European' which I think has been a good thing. The current Vette is a really beautiful machine.

No doubt I like a great V8 growlin' and howlin' but please mate the motor together to some good internals, on an acceptable chassis. (BTW its LOT easier to design a good handling chassis and make it drag, than a good drag chassis and *try to* make it turn) Can anybody say...."Saleen?" Now that's a beautiful "Muscle" Car.

<Preachin' to the choir>

Cheers,

jcnel.
Old Jan 29, 2004, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting link indeed. I've noticed with the release of the Evo, SRT and STi I am hearing more;

- I just like my V8's
- Don't like the styling

and less of

- It might look fast, but it is still slower than my (insert V* powered car)
- It's a girls car

So what I am saying is that their excuses for not liking the Japanese cars have gone from not liking the performance (lack of) to not liking the style or other subjective non performance factors.

SC~
Old Jan 29, 2004, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

oh...and for anyone who thinks there is too much bickering and testosterone induced flaming going on on these forums.....just spend a few minutes over at ls1.com! You'll begine to see that evom is much more sedate! huhu

SC~
Old Jan 29, 2004, 03:00 PM
Evolving Member

funny how they think the wing on the evo is rice...i guess carbon fiber is too high tech for them...they like their APC stainless steel wing from pepboys (they are car people)...if the EVO look ugly to them...how can they stand the look on the camero?!?!??! shiet "trying" to look aerodynamic...but ended up lookin like a flat pancake...they don't like the evo tail lights...i bet 90% of them got the altezza on their camero from pepboys
Old Jan 29, 2004, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by Secret Chimp
So what I am saying is that their excuses for not liking the Japanese cars have gone from not liking the performance (lack of) to not liking the style or other subjective non performance factors.
Secret Chimp has a wisdom of a space chimp from the 10th dimension.

Fly2low has a bravery like a lion whose ***** are of the size of Jupiter. Fly2low paste the link from magazine publications. Fly2low urges haters at Mustang board to test drive the Evo.

I am humbly asking your permission to rephrase your wise quote and post in on the stangnet.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=417784
Old Feb 1, 2004, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Comparing an Evo to an f-body is like comparing a Miata to an S2000. What's the point? One car cost a whole lot more than the other so it SHOULD be better!

I also don't see the point in an us vs. them mentality. I'm never sure what I'd rather do -- beat an uppity f-body owner in my Evo or beat an uppity Evo owner in my f-body
Old Feb 3, 2004, 05:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by RichJ
Comparing an Evo to an f-body is like comparing a Miata to an S2000. What's the point? One car cost a whole lot more than the other so it SHOULD be better!

I also don't see the point in an us vs. them mentality. I'm never sure what I'd rather do -- beat an uppity f-body owner in my Evo or beat an uppity Evo owner in my f-body
Which one costs more? When I bought my 02 ss I paid more for it then my evo.
Old Feb 3, 2004, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by RichJ
I'm never sure what I'd rather do -- beat an uppity f-body owner in my Evo or beat an uppity Evo owner in my f-body
You could do what I did to our mutual friend (and F-body owner) Brian B. -- let him actually drive the Evo at an autocross. No better way to spread the love for the Evo.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

I raced an ls1 firebird last sat. and it was funny. This guy run open dp and it was freakin loud. At the time, I was letting my friend test drive my evo and the guy with the ls1 kept on reving his engine and wanting to race. We came to a stop light and my friend decided to switch out to let me race him. I got 3 people in the car vs. him and his firebird. I ask him to hit it on second gear, because I didnt want to launch. (no money for clutch right now) So we go at it in second and I left him about 6 cars length. I thought with 3 ppl in the car and the look on his face plus the sound of his engine will have my *** on the plate. But me and all my friends were total surprised that we beated him that bad. My friends knew that I will beat him, but I honestly didnt think I'll have a chance since I have 3 people in the car plus the sound of his engine is freakin mean. It was a pleasant saturday afternoon. Some of my co-workers saw the action and the said smoke was coming out of his car. hahahah, that was funny. They were also amaze that my "rice" looking car beat the living day light out of that ls1.
Old Mar 16, 2004, 03:29 AM
Evolving Member

Great and funny post

I had a Camaro SS smoke my Honda last summer. This summer I decided to lay down some serious heat and got an Evo.
So... welcome to the club!

P.S. You may need to add a bullet prof vest in addition to your flame suit for protection. I'd hate to see you on the 6 o'clock news... good luck.

Quick Reply: LS1 vs. Evo VIII: Oh how the mighty have fallen