Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2014 Corvette Stingray official pictures

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im about to throw up......
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front end looks like a Ferrari F12 Berlinetta imo, still i think the look will grow in time, just think they could have done alittle better with exterior apperance seeing how there was alot of "hype" on this. Just my .02
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Front and interior are both really nice. The side looks like a GTR and the back looks way too much like a camaro. Wouldn't buy one.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Viper is way sexier and I'd take the Viper over that any day. Interior looks ok, but still, the rear looks horrid.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 01:24 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Keep in mind that the Viper is nearly twice as expensive. For the price there really are very few cars, if any, that are a fair comparison to the Corvette.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by otter
Visually I don't like it but mechanically I'm sure I'd have no problem loving it.

- Roof needs to be body color.
- Vents should be body color unless they're carbon fiber
- I hate hate hate the rear end. I hate the tail lights and the trim around them. I hate the mess of black trim taking up half the rear end. I think the quad-tip exhaust takes up too much space and stands out too much. IMO, 2 center outlets would've looked better.
- Ditch the chrome strip in the grille
- Offer blacked out or body colored headlight housings.

I also hate red The tan leather interior does look quite nice, though, and I'm sure the car will be amazing mechanically and performance wise.
To fix this, Chevy is only offering the Corvette C7 in black.

But really, buy black...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wait til the Z06 comes out and say that twice as expensive thing again hahah
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:24 PM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
I think I could be pretty damn happy with a Z51 package. Its sexy as hell IMO.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Since when is the corvette a 7 speed... what happened to 6?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I have owned a couple vettes in the past. a C3, and C4.

I know that I am speaking to the enemy, but the vette is a GREAT car for the price. The interiors were crap, and the chassis flexed. The only REAL problem I have had with vettes is that typically middle aged guys or A-holes tend to buy them.

When I was in highschool, driving my corolla, my buddies would pull up next to a middle aged guy in a vette and my friends would motion to the man to roll down his window... They would then say "sorry bout your small *****", and we'd all crack up as the guy would always roast his tires leaving the scene.

That being said. I am loving the new C7... looks great, and for the price, it will roast 95% of what's on the road. The next 4% can be left behind with pretty inexpensive upgrades.

So far, the only thing I dislike about this car is it's tail lights. It looks like their design studio ran out of time and said "crap.... Just copy the Camaro and turn it in."

It will be a nice performer.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:35 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
I always bashed on vette drivers for the same reason... until I got behind the wheel of a C5 z06. I was hooked from that moment on. There's something about the raw feel of RWD with good power. I still avoid telling most people what I drive because of the stigma, but for auto-x I never had as much fun in my evo as I had in my first year driving the vette. Old man car be damned, those of us who use it for what it was intended get a hundred smiles a minute.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

i absolutely love it! love the rear dont care for the front end, but the new dash is sooo nice.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:08 AM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by Nsomniac
I always bashed on vette drivers for the same reason... until I got behind the wheel of a C5 z06. I was hooked from that moment on. There's something about the raw feel of RWD with good power. I still avoid telling most people what I drive because of the stigma, but for auto-x I never had as much fun in my evo as I had in my first year driving the vette. Old man car be damned, those of us who use it for what it was intended get a hundred smiles a minute.
Word, my wife has said I shouldn't ever get one because only douchebags drive Corvettes, but I still want one someday.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:17 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
My wife gave me a dirty look when I showed up at the house with one, but one spirited drive later it had literally melted her panties off. That's when she gave me the okay (and the oh my god yes).
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:22 AM
EvoM Administrator

Yeah, mine has zero interest in cars, she would just glare at me, grumble something about not wanting to be seen in it, then get on with life

Quick Reply: 2014 Corvette Stingray official pictures