Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2000 EBP EM1 with 8k miles!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A stock 98 SI!! Like the Mk.IV supra I thought such a thing no longer existed! Man around here that car would be so stolen it's not even funny.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by shivers
I grew up in Virginia, MN and at one point owned an EM1 Si (Flamenco Black Pearl). Never thought I'd see one that far north. Have you always lived there? Wondering if I know you.
I was born and raised in Virginia. I've been here all my life. I went to school in Mountain Iron, and went to college in Duluth.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 07:32 PM

MCPunk79

Your car is without a doubt the cleanest SI I've ever seen. Ever since they introduced this car I practically vowed to get one, some way, some how. Little did I know that when I got my drivers license back in 2006, this car would be the "one that got away", the "white unicorn", the "holy grail" if you will. I have yet to find anything in my state or in the bordering states that intrigue me as much as yours. I know this is one of your babies so to speak but I want to ask, respectfully, what would your price tag be on this car that is in my eyes, priceless... Thanks for the look

Inquiring sincerely and respectfully,

JAVI.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JAVI G
Your car is without a doubt the cleanest SI I've ever seen. Ever since they introduced this car I practically vowed to get one, some way, some how. Little did I know that when I got my drivers license back in 2006, this car would be the "one that got away", the "white unicorn", the "holy grail" if you will. I have yet to find anything in my state or in the bordering states that intrigue me as much as yours. I know this is one of your babies so to speak but I want to ask, respectfully, what would your price tag be on this car that is in my eyes, priceless... Thanks for the look

Inquiring sincerely and respectfully,

JAVI.
Thank you for the kind words Javi. This is quite a unique car.

Your situation is similar to a friend I recently met in Minnesota here;He, like you, always wanted an EBP EM1. When he lived in Pennsylvania, in 1999 he had just gotten his license. On the show room floor of his local Honda dealership was an EBP EM1 almost identical go mine. He wanted the car more than anything, but unfortunately, he needed to get an automatic, so he settled for a Nissan Sentra that his whole family could drive. I was able to meet up with him, and he test drove my EM1 about a year and half ago. He said the car was everything he wanted. He said the car took him back to all those years ago in that Pennsylvania Honda show room. He said the car rode, looked and smelled just like that Honda, some 15 years ago. It was a great compliment to the car.

I will send you a PM Javi, as the car is indeed for sale.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 01:13 PM

omg 8k

I so want to buy one of these for my girlfriend!!!!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 03:09 AM
Evolving Member

I believe my plan is to keep the car… been attempting to offload the car quietly for the past year or so. It's just not going to be possible, so I'm going to get some new wheels and tires and enjoy the car for what it is… It's such a time capsule, and drives like it's absolutely brand new, it's very enjoyable.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, that's really clean. I also was driving an EM1 before I bought an Evo. I couldn't help but put a few parts on it though.

2000 EBP EM1 with 8k miles!-05pm4ndl.jpg

2000 EBP EM1 with 8k miles!-xxxlmrdl.jpg
Old Feb 15, 2015, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

Very nice EM1… I purchased mine so I could learn to drive a manual, in preparation for my Evo. Surprisingly it was easy to drive, and I had not planned on still having it, but it's in such amazing condition, I'd be foolish to offload it.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 05:15 AM

I love the EM1
Old Feb 16, 2015, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blk4est
I love the EM1

The 99-00 was always my favorite Si. I just like the look and style of the coupe over any of the other models. The only other Honda I was a huge fan of was the championship white Civic Type R hatch. If I ever offload my Si, I want to replace it with an Integra Type R… in either champ white or Phoenix Yellow.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

hey mike

i dont know if i ever mentioned this to you but i was at the dealer around the time you bought it and saw the SI in the back as i was there to buy a fbp R. it wasnt sold yet either when i was there. i almost went in to chat with the salesguy but decided against it. i would say that you got an unbelievable deal from a dealer that didnt know much about it and that was what, 3-4 years ago?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 07:39 AM

Oh, the EM1. That was my first car as well. Had a '00 in black. Bought it with 45k on the clock, drove it til 143k and it was stolen in the middle of the daytime, from my work parking lot. I loved that car. Sure its no evo, but all the damn thing required was oil changes. I still miss it and would get another one for a daily in a second. Nice Si man, 8k miles, holy ****!!

Old Mar 18, 2015, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pennies_hatchie
hey mike

i dont know if i ever mentioned this to you but i was at the dealer around the time you bought it and saw the SI in the back as i was there to buy a fbp R. it wasnt sold yet either when i was there. i almost went in to chat with the salesguy but decided against it. i would say that you got an unbelievable deal from a dealer that didnt know much about it and that was what, 3-4 years ago?
Hey Pennies… I picked up the car Aug, 10 2010 I believe. I remember the rumor of that same dealership having a low mileage ITR… I would have went that route had I knew they had an R available. (I'd kill for a PY ITR).

The Civic was suppose to have been sold 3 separate times, however, no one could get the full financing on the car… it took cash to buy. I still have the car and it's not driven very much, but I really enjoy it! It doesn't have the power, but it's such a nostalgic piece of Honda history and late 90's Honda that it's enjoyable to drive and own.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

If I remember correctly. It was a 00 black itr, with the red canadian interior, jackson supercharged with like 80k. They were selling it for 9k which wqs similar pricing to your em1.

They had just sold it before I got there but the em1 was still there and I couldn't pull the trigger since it was only an em1 even with the miles.

Glad its still at low miles
Old Mar 19, 2015, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by pennies_hatchie
If I remember correctly. It was a 00 black itr, with the red canadian interior, jackson supercharged with like 80k. They were selling it for 9k which wqs similar pricing to your em1.

They had just sold it before I got there but the em1 was still there and I couldn't pull the trigger since it was only an em1 even with the miles.

Glad its still at low miles
Sounds interesting.

Quick Reply: 2000 EBP EM1 with 8k miles!