Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

2005 BMW M5. Bangle should be hung.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2004, 03:30 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the m5 concept needs to be more aggressive looking i think.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

stop the madness! its time to recall Chris Bangle.

http://www.petitiononline.com/STOPCB/petition.html
Old Mar 3, 2004, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

that interior is way too busy, and honestly, i can't stand any of the new bmw models.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 04:33 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally posted by plastikpyro
stop the madness! its time to recall Chris Bangle.

http://www.petitiononline.com/STOPCB/petition.html
Bangle got promoted off the design floor. Unfortunately he's still employed by BMW, he just won't have a direct say on future designs. It will probably take 10 years to "correct" his designs, though.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

530 ponies seven speed tranny
this is what the evo is being traded in on
Old Mar 3, 2004, 05:13 PM

come on guys...it looks nice...the rear end might need a bit of work but the front does look evil...

i wouldnt have cared if they kept the old body style and just changed the engine, but i have no complaints with the new design either

i have seen a few 545's on the street and their pictures do not do them justice...at night the front end looks evil with those head lights...its just plain sick...

too bad the new 5 isnt very photogenic...
Old Mar 3, 2004, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Bangle single handedly destroyed any respect I held for BMW cars. From now on, all I think when I see a BMW is "WHY?"

Thanks Bangle! You rat bastard.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guys. i think it looks good, i mean once we see it in person will know??? but this car (sorry to say that) will spank our EVOS and STIs. anyways how is Bangle??? did he design this car or what???
Old Mar 4, 2004, 01:13 AM
Evolving Member

i think it looks like a maxima and a z4 magically had babies and the babies were retarded and i saw one of the babies and the baby winked at me.........
Old Mar 4, 2004, 03:00 AM
Account Disabled

My sister has a 2002 M5, and I honestly think hers looks quite a bit bolder than the new one. The only thing I don't really like that much about the concept is how the headlight narrows as it swoops around. aside from that, it's pretty cool looking.

Admit it, every one of you would trade your EVO for it in a heartbeat!
Old Mar 4, 2004, 04:26 AM
Evolved Member

im sorry, but everyone hates the new designs, i have to disagree. Ok, im not saying they are better looking then the current ones (02-03) i think those are the best looking ever, but these new ones arent that bad, they are an extreem new look without being toooo extreem. I personally love it. And that new M5 looks sick.

at first the design looks odd, and gets you to say 'eww', but it grows on you. living in Greenwich i see pleannnnty of BMW's around, and after driving around them allll the time they actually do look better in time, just gotta get used to it i guess.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 06:00 AM
El Jefe

Originally posted by savage
a few 545's on the street and their pictures do not do them justice...at night the front end looks evil with those head lights...its just plain sick...

too bad the new 5 isnt very photogenic...
A dark 5 series in low-light conditions does look good, because the abscence of light hides all the hideous styling "features" of Bangle's warped mind.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 06:02 AM
El Jefe

Originally posted by Bitnode
at first the design looks odd, and gets you to say 'eww', but it grows on you. living in Greenwich i see pleannnnty of BMW's around, and after driving around them allll the time they actually do look better in time, just gotta get used to it i guess.
I've always felt that if a design has to grow on you for you to like it, it wasn't very good in the first place.

I hear that from a lot of Z4 owners - "it was ugly at first, but it's growing on me..." It's nothing more than rationalizing a buying decision.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

I am sure it is a great car! But I liked the look of the 2002-2004 M3's and 2000-2003 M5's better. YOu could do more to them as far as adding your own style to them. Ohh and the new M5 is even heavier, I don't know if they can get it to handle as well with all of the extra weight and size, it is now really a big Big car, bigger than the 7 series of the early 90's! LOOSE THE FAT BMW!

I AM LOOKING FORWARD THE THE NEW 1 Series COMING OUT!
Old Mar 4, 2004, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by WestSideBilly

I've always felt that if a design has to grow on you for you to like it, it wasn't very good in the first place.

I hear that from a lot of Z4 owners - "it was ugly at first, but it's growing on me..." It's nothing more than rationalizing a buying decision.
i guess your right about that, the rationalizing a buying decision. I can see how alot of people say that. But i still personally think its cool looking, like i said, not as good as the previous model, but looks cool.

Quick Reply: 2005 BMW M5. Bangle should be hung.