Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.
View Poll Results: Is the xB cool or not?
Yes, the xB is a winner.
29.34%
Yes, it\'s not quite my style, but I give it props.
22.40%
No, I don\'t really like the styling.
23.66%
No, I think Toyota really missed the mark.
24.61%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Scion xB: Cool or not?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
these cars aren't made for fwy driving. keep in mind that the Scion xA and xB have been out for years already the bB since late 90's! the xA has been out in japan since 2000 so the purpose of these cars were for city driving around Tokyo in small cramped cities. they are eco friendly vehicles.

when these kind of cars came out they were priced very cheap and alot of first time drivers in japan [teens] would buy these and fix them up. The whole K-Cup car craze blew up and now alot of companies are involved in building these cars from touring cars to VIP cars.

i can tell you guys this now that Scions will be around alot longer than you think sales are great for these cars because they are cheap, cool looking and encouraged to be modified. also alot of companies are lining up in building more cars similar to the Scions big company names like BMW, Mercedes, Renn Tech and SMART.

Attached Thumbnails Scion xB:  Cool or not?-oc_colt.jpg  
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

although only a concept this xB is pimp.
Attached Thumbnails Scion xB:  Cool or not?-awd.jpg  
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

that orange one looks really dumb but kind of cool at the same time.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

there pimp good pics
Old Apr 21, 2004, 03:05 AM
Evolved Member

i think that orange xB was one of the best modded xB's i've seen that whole rear end comes out and turns into a platform for a DJ, the interior was surounded with speakers and monitors, deep dish rims about a dollar bills length, chop top roof and a bodykit that makes the car look like a concept car and not some crap bondo car. There was a upgraded TC with a custom XS Engineering turbo upgrade kit sporting a T3/T04E 50 turbo some cool prototype Tein coilovers, slightly modified bumper still looks stock and a not factory paint job.

You wont imagine how many pictures i have of modified kai, vans, wagons i have that go from race to VIP, subtle to outrageous and just plain clean lookin.

oh well to each his own like em or hate em but i stand where i'm at and these little cars are definately on my to get list.

heh kinda like how everyones wants a fast Super bike and theres the small crowd with the Vespa's and little scooters which i'm totally into as well!
Old Apr 21, 2004, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

haha im into that nieks and will be getting one in the next couple of months
Old Apr 21, 2004, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

I have been asking people randomly that I know about this car, because apparently some 60% of you guys think this car is cool for some reason or another, about whether they thought this car was cool in any way shape or form and I have yet to get anyone that says they thought it looked cool or fun to drive in any way. Much less that they would consider buying one. The only comment about the xB I have gotten that was remotely positive was, " I think it gets real good gas mileage which is cool" in the last 2 weeks. I was just checkin a little to see if I was the crazy one here, but I dont think I am. So my question to you guys that like this thing is,
where are you guys all from to think this car is cool?
Only DriftRunSir has said he likes it for a reason that seemed normal, and that is that he likes to have off-the-wall cars and bikes. I would definitely say that this car is off-the-wall enough for that catagory.

P.S.
Work poll has this car voted uglier than the Element and Aztec...10 people...unanimous vote. (those were the only choices though to be totally fair.)
Old Apr 21, 2004, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

oh and to be totallyhonest, the xA doesnt look that bad with that kit on it. Goes from blah to not bad at all. I will give it that much at least.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

i think its uglier than both. rally id be embarrassed to drive it around not jsut bc it is ugly but bc its made for 16yos. i dont know how old driftrunsir is but the only ppl i know that like them are 16yos and my brother who has an element and is flamer.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by pgmike
i think its uglier than both. rally id be embarrassed to drive it around not jsut bc it is ugly but bc its made for 16yos. i dont know how old driftrunsir is but the only ppl i know that like them are 16yos and my brother who has an element and is flamer.
Mike I think that is the funniest post I have read from you yet...lol. And I think we are in the minority here for our opinion of the car man...at least according to this poll.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

wasnt really trying but it must be the fact that i went to bed at 530am studying for a final that i probably just bombed.

i think we are the minorty on this site bc there are lots of rice lovers here that like that kind of stuff.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

I'm 21 yrs. old, who cares if its for teens? fixing up imports is considered a Gen X -Gen Z MTV people so from late 20's all the way to teens...

as for these cars being rice? no way man these things are close to JDM then anything...well except for that orange xB but that xA has a full kenstyle bodykit kit on it the Colt is sporting a Gialla bodykit...ah...i'm not gonna convince you guys i guess its where i was brought up...you guys need to spend some time in asia/europe and see the pimp *** little cars they make there...ever heard of VIP cars in japan? black luxury with deep dish rims, VIP tuning goes from Kai cars to Super VIP cars like S500's, Soarers, Aristos, Crown Royals, Celsiors and Cima's plus more...

now this isn't your run of the mill DUBs car this goes along the lines of a Super VIP car this car not only looks nice but they are built! depending on the owner they can be built for Wangan racing [ref: Tokyo extreme for PS2] as to where you race for miles on a long stretch of fwy hitting top speeds of 150+ to 200 and then theres the T&E guys who have a great interest in build drift VIPs like the famous SC400/Soarer thats always at D1 competitions or the T&E Chaser that appeared in this years D1 comp.

Now this S2000 here is RICE i think everyone has their terms of rice a little mixed up...IMO this is RICE. The Kai cars i posted are far from rice [excluding the orange concept xB] i actually consider them JDM.

Last edited by DriftRunSir; Apr 21, 2004 at 01:34 PM.
Old Apr 21, 2004, 08:43 PM
Account Disabled

gag.
Old May 19, 2004, 01:10 AM

I think that all Scions are very ugly, but if I needed a first car daily driver it would have to be a Scion since they are so cheap.
Old May 19, 2004, 03:26 AM

Personally I think the Xb's looks are alright. They are built to appeal to teens who's parents are lookng into buying them a new car. The xb is perfect. Its stylish in its own little way, and slow as hell. A parents godsend. Lol, they can buy their kids a totally slow neat looking ride that they will enjoy driving. Me personally....I doubt I would ever buy one, but I do think the looks of the xb are pretty ****in cool. Maybe for a daily driver...but I just cant see myself in the drivers seat of one of those things. Black....lowered with fat chrome rim's..(again not my style at all) I can see how that would be alright. But just not me. But I do give credit to toyota for having the ***** to bring something so diverse to this side of the ocean.

Quick Reply: Scion xB: Cool or not?