Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

EVO vs ITR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2004, 09:47 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO vs ITR

have any of you guys raced a Integra R?if so who one that race?
will a stock evo beat a stock or mild ITR?
Old Apr 5, 2004, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

you're joking right? The Evo will eat the ITR alive. The stock Evo can take a turbo GSR. An ITR is nothing.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

From a roll a stock ITR will lose to a stock Evo. A bolt on ITR will hang pretty good with a stock Evo from a roll.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Stinkapuss
From a roll a stock ITR will lose to a stock Evo. A bolt on ITR will hang pretty good with a stock Evo from a roll.
No way. With some bolt-ons integra type R can run low to mid 14s. That not even coming close to a stock evo
Old Apr 5, 2004, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

I have owned both. There is no comparison. The Evo is a lot faster. And dollar for dollar, your mods will get you a lot more performance in an Evo than it will in an R.

But that being said, the ITR is a wonderful and well balanced FD car that does very well on the road course. It is world renowned for a reason. But in the end it's horses for courses...and I just like my Evo more.

SC~

Last edited by Secret Chimp; Apr 5, 2004 at 04:53 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 09:58 AM
Account Disabled

SC where in L.I you live?
Old Apr 5, 2004, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evo 8 ya

No way. With some bolt-ons integra type R can run low to mid 14s. That not even coming close to a stock evo
Can't go by track times because of the launch. Go by trap speeds. My ITR trapped 99 mph with bolt ons and from a roll I could hang with my Evo (Stock).
Old Apr 5, 2004, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

I previously owned a moded type R:

Mugen Header
Mugen Exhaust
Mugen Intake
Carsound Cat
Exedy clutch
ATS final drive
Toda Flywheel

I got RAPED by a stock evo from 40-100, I mean like 10+ cars. Oh and when I had the ITR I got owned by an SRT-4 (like 5 cars) top end. So I bought and Evo and owned an SRT-4 11 cars

ITR was more fun through the twisties though. It made me feel more confident to push it through the turns.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by cognisa
SC where in L.I you live?
Nowhere actually. I live in Orange County California.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

I beat an ITR '00 Yellow Turboed and I ripped it a new *** hole in just third gear, when my evo was STOCK
Old Apr 5, 2004, 10:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Did someone say Long Island, Western Suffolk here! Don't sweat the ITR, it takes alot of upgrades to stay with a Stock Evo.. the ITR is nice, and has potential, and they can handle real nice, but your gonna pay nearly as much as an evo to get it to handle and run as well as an Evo, plus you don't get AWD..

I get alot of harassment by hondas periodically, Turbos, NA's, Civics, ITR's.. The only car that ever gave me a decent run was a nicely modified Acura RSX Type-S but it was the first week I owned my car, so I'm not sure if it was my inexperience that allowed him to keep up, when I finally got tired of playing, I did a rolling launch (Rev and clutch drop) and left..

Ya know what though? For every car, there's always something faster out there, and I'm sure there's an ITR out there that can take an EVO..
Old Apr 5, 2004, 10:43 AM

What kind of comparison is this? lol ITR will be owned, if your worried just get a turboback and its over....
Old Apr 5, 2004, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MalibuJack
Did someone say Long Island, Western Suffolk here! Don't sweat the ITR, it takes alot of upgrades to stay with a Stock Evo.. the ITR is nice, and has potential, and they can handle real nice, but your gonna pay nearly as much as an evo to get it to handle and run as well as an Evo, plus you don't get AWD..

I get alot of harassment by hondas periodically, Turbos, NA's, Civics, ITR's.. The only car that ever gave me a decent run was a nicely modified Acura RSX Type-S but it was the first week I owned my car, so I'm not sure if it was my inexperience that allowed him to keep up, when I finally got tired of playing, I did a rolling launch (Rev and clutch drop) and left..

Ya know what though? For every car, there's always something faster out there, and I'm sure there's an ITR out there that can take an EVO..
To be as fast as an Evo I do agree. But from a handling stand point I found the ITR to be more tossable and more confidance inspiring than the Evo.
Old Apr 5, 2004, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

you are more confident in the ITR because it doesn't have as much power so the power to handling ratio is in the ITR's favor. as in the limit of its engine does not outreach the limit of its handling..
Old Apr 5, 2004, 12:13 PM
Account Disabled

Honestly a Stock ITR traps at 95 while the Evo traps at 103.

If you add bolton mods and a Honda Data to a ITR its traps get up to 106, and will yank a Stock Evo from a roll, there has been a Video of this posted before, where the Evo is leading but the ITR just passes up slowly, not bad for a NA.

NEVER look at the 1/4 times, they just indicate how good the drover is, cuz I have seen 15 sec Evos and STI's, look at the traps they never lie.....