Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Mk V Supra - My Evo's Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2021, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 304 Likes on 238 Posts
Yep the market for buyers really sucks right now. Crazy to think I got $7k off mine in March with no haggling. Honestly, wait until the Z hits showroom floors. I bet they will be trying to give the Supras away at that point.

You may have to start searching out of state if you want a good deal too. They are keeping track of the non crazy dealers on the Supra forum. Check out this thread.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/u-s...s.1599/page-20
Old Oct 1, 2021, 09:36 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
It's funny that they are charging Z4 M40i sticker prices. I'd be willing to bet you could get one of those for below sticker too. You might have to wait a couple of months for it to be delivered though.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 09:45 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
Yep the market for buyers really sucks right now. Crazy to think I got $7k off mine in March with no haggling. Honestly, wait until the Z hits showroom floors. I bet they will be trying to give the Supras away at that point.

You may have to start searching out of state if you want a good deal too. They are keeping track of the non crazy dealers on the Supra forum. Check out this thread.

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/u-s...s.1599/page-20
Yup, I've been searching across NY, CT, MA, VT, NJ.

There are like 5,000 2.0's that nobody wants, not many 3.0 and most of them are yellow.
Old Oct 1, 2021, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

What color are you looking for? There are a couple out my way for MSRP if you are willing to ship.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 10:59 AM
kaj

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Checking my local dealership. Why does it have to be yellow? Booo

Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:13 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
Checking my local dealership. Why does it have to be yellow? Booo
That's the 4cyl version that nobody wants. for $57k! lmao.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Yup, I've been searching across NY, CT, MA, VT, NJ.

There are like 5,000 2.0's that nobody wants, not many 3.0 and most of them are yellow.

LOL,I did a search out here, just out of curiosity and it was the same thing! If they did have a Supra or Supra(s) they were either the 2.0 version or if it was 3.0 it was yellow! That was across at least 7 dealers around the bay area (some don't even sell the Supra I think..?)

Maybe Toyota should ditch the yellow color, obviously no one is buying in a hot market....

**Oh wait, found one 3.0 non-yellow (white)** https://www.dublintoyota.com/new-inv...ng&model=Supra
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:49 PM
kaj

That's the 4cyl version that nobody wants. for $57k! lmao.
Right??!! It's nuts. A friend of mine that works there says the dealerships have to bid on the Supras from Toyota. So, they are overpaying right off the bat.. then they have to mark it up. Add to that the fact that they are low on cars, in general.. and they are marking the cars up to insane prices in an attempt to make up for lack of sales.
This particular dealership is going bankrupt and just sold to/being taken over by another. That's how bad it is.
With all their cars stuck at the ports... being unable to bring in parts... I'd hate to own a dealership right now. It's a s#!t show.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 12:56 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by Crzykdd
LOL,I did a search out here, just out of curiosity and it was the same thing! If they did have a Supra or Supra(s) they were either the 2.0 version or if it was 3.0 it was yellow! That was across at least 7 dealers around the bay area (some don't even sell the Supra I think..?)

Maybe Toyota should ditch the yellow color, obviously no one is buying in a hot market....

**Oh wait, found one 3.0 non-yellow (white)** https://www.dublintoyota.com/new-inv...ng&model=Supra
$70k out the door. Dang....I'd have to put a $25-30k down payment to have a decent monthly. Anyone want to buy an Evo?
Old Oct 4, 2021, 01:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
Right??!! It's nuts. A friend of mine that works there says the dealerships have to bid on the Supras from Toyota. So, they are overpaying right off the bat.. then they have to mark it up. Add to that the fact that they are low on cars, in general.. and they are marking the cars up to insane prices in an attempt to make up for lack of sales.
This particular dealership is going bankrupt and just sold to/being taken over by another. That's how bad it is.
With all their cars stuck at the ports... being unable to bring in parts... I'd hate to own a dealership right now. It's a s#!t show.
Yea, all the dealerships I drive by here are totally empty, maybe 5-10 cars at most, most used.

I did drive by a Nissan dealership that seemed pretty full this weekend. I guess nobody wants Nissans anymore. hahha
Old Oct 4, 2021, 01:12 PM
kaj

Yea, all the dealerships I drive by here are totally empty, maybe 5-10 cars at most, most used.

I did drive by a Nissan dealership that seemed pretty full this weekend. I guess nobody wants Nissans anymore. hahha
Well, six figures for a 12yr-old design, semi-super car is a bit of a hard sell.... and the rest of their cars aren't all that great nor popular.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Ohh great. Its official, Bryan has joined the Supra forum. That officially means he must get a Supra! There is no going back.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 01:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
Ohh great. Its official, Bryan has joined the Supra forum. That officially means he must get a Supra! There is no going back.
Hah. Don't worry about it. :P
Old Oct 7, 2021, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Found one for you.

Lithia Toyota in Billings MT. $5k off sticker and its the matte grey!
Old Oct 7, 2021, 02:50 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
There is a used white 2021 3.0L Turbo with 4k miles very close to me if you would like me to check it out.

Quick Reply: Mk V Supra - My Evo's Replacement?