Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Mk V Supra - My Evo's Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2021, 04:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by razorlab
Still figuring out track brake pads. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they make ST43's for the supra yet.

Bunch of supra guys swear by the CSG pads but they are asking $500 for just the front pads... hell no.
have you tried contacting Porterfield and asking them to cut you a custom set? They did that for a friend of mine when the Stoptech C43 calipers were new, but that might be because they didn't have that shape yet for a caliper they knew would be a popular seller. He had to send in the pads he got with his kit so they had a template. Not sure if they'll do that for the Supra but sending an email and asking is free... If the only other option is $500 CSG pads ST series pads could make a popular alternative.

Agree, and since I have to buy camber plates for almost $500, it was a welcome discount.

Not sure why my Evo Ohlins came with camber plates and rear top hats but the Supra ones do not, AND are $1,000 more.
thats something Ohlins changed for a lot of platforms to save cost, even a lot of applications that used to come with upper mounts / camber plates stopped... and price didn't change.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 04:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by warmmilk
have you tried contacting Porterfield and asking them to cut you a custom set? They did that for a friend of mine when the Stoptech C43 calipers were new, but that might be because they didn't have that shape yet for a caliper they knew would be a popular seller. He had to send in the pads he got with his kit so they had a template. Not sure if they'll do that for the Supra but sending an email and asking is free... If the only other option is $500 CSG pads ST series pads could make a popular alternative.
Yea I was thinking of contacting Raybestos and seeing if they would do that. The supra shares pad shape with M340/540/X3/ and some others. Carbotech has their whole lineup available but I didn't have very good experiences with them in the past.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 04:59 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Yea I was thinking of contacting Raybestos and seeing if they would do that. The supra shares pad shape with M340/540/X3/ and some others. Carbotech has their whole lineup available but I didn't have very good experiences with them in the past.
the aforementioned Stoptech guy got his ST43's done through Porterfield, I think Porterfield actually makes the ST pads sold under the Raybestos name.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 05:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by warmmilk
the aforementioned Stoptech guy got his ST43's done through Porterfield, I think Porterfield actually makes the ST pads sold under the Raybestos name.
All china compounds in the end anyway
Old Dec 1, 2021, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Oo what's going on in here? Everyone selling evos, buying supras, crapping on the c8, and even some random Aston Martin love? i dig it.

Last edited by momostallion; Dec 1, 2021 at 02:08 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Enkei GTC02 18x10.5 +35 in black.

btw, I ended up msg'ing a vendor to see pricing on Ohlins and ended up getting them for $450 off. Pays to DM!

I've been eyeballing those for my EVO in the 18x9 +30 variant....last I looked they were all backordered...I assume you didnt have any issues finding some for the Supra...?
Old Dec 1, 2021, 04:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Crzykdd
I've been eyeballing those for my EVO in the 18x9 +30 variant....last I looked they were all backordered...I assume you didnt have any issues finding some for the Supra...?
Fedex says they should be here Friday. I bought them from Aspec which is in Hayward, CA but they shipped out of Texas.

Old Dec 1, 2021, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 304 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by Crzykdd
Supras have a stupid lug pattern so I am not surprised he found some. Anything in a 114 lug pattern is most likely going to be on B/O.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 05:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
Supras have a stupid lug pattern so I am not surprised he found some. Anything in a 114 lug pattern is most likely going to be on B/O.
Same as all new bmws but yes I agree. 5x112. bleh
Old Dec 1, 2021, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Same as all new bmws but yes I agree. 5x112. bleh
Yes BMW lug pattern sucks and greatly limits our wheel selection. Our lug pattern in one wheel gets you 2 width and offset choices, same wheel in 114 its 12 choices. That's why I went with a company that specialized in supra offsets and aggressive widths.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 09:08 AM
EvoM Guru

lol @Lumpy Sticks

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWgDtnyIBq1/
Old Dec 2, 2021, 09:24 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Do we have a reliable tuner for these yet? Currently trying to get a hold of Visconti, but just seeing if we have any other options. I have a client looking to do the pure 800 turbo upgrade and other bolt ons.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Do we have a reliable tuner for these yet? Currently trying to get a hold of Visconti, but just seeing if we have any other options. I have a client looking to do the pure 800 turbo upgrade and other bolt ons.
I wouldn't do any business with Visconti or buy anything that Marshall is trying to hawk on FB. They have really controlled the FB groups and locked everything down that opposes anyone other than the people they do business with.

I imagine Titan does tuning. Also there's this guy in AZ who tunes Supra's: https://www.facebook.com/marin.nelson.779
Old Dec 2, 2021, 11:18 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kpt6
I wouldn't do any business with Visconti or buy anything that Marshall is trying to hawk on FB. They have really controlled the FB groups and locked everything down that opposes anyone other than the people they do business with.
Exactly. That guy sucks. He has done this for years. He also has deleted a bunch of my posts in the supra FB groups. He has horrible business tactics and when people call him out on it he ALWAYS plays the victim. How vendors are allowed to be admins on FB groups is beyond me.

The MK5 Supra is still new enough that most people are derps. Half the time people are talking out their ***, or like I said before, crying about how their PPF got some dust on it. GTR groups were like this as well at the beginning.

There is a MK5 Supra track facebook group that seems decent so far: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1022445174628247
Old Dec 2, 2021, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

I saw that. Pretty funny. That was from a while ago too.

Quick Reply: Mk V Supra - My Evo's Replacement?