Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Mk V Supra - My Evo's Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2022, 09:27 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
i like the ghettos too lol
Right? $143k for my house. It's worth $300k now, so maybe Fresno isn't as cheap as it used to be (thank you bay area transplants) but our median prices are some of the lowest in CA. Woot.
Every city has a ghetto.
​​​​​​I could post pictures of our multi million dollar homes I guess...?
Old Jan 31, 2022, 09:30 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,056 Likes on 764 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Right? $143k for my house. It's worth $300k now, so maybe Fresno isn't as cheap as it used to be (thank you bay area transplants) but our median prices are some of the lowest in CA. Woot.
Every city has a ghetto.
$300k for a house in California is pretty much unheard of these days so good on you for sure. Sounds like Fresno might be one of the last places in California to buy a house for under $600k. Of course, we have to be honest with ourselves, it *is* Fresno.

I do miss California a ton so not hating on California. Most people that hate on California haven't even been there or are so conservative that they have bloodlust tunnel vision and automatically hate everything other than Florida and Arizona.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 09:41 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
FYI, we ended up being able to get tuning arranged with Visconti. Kept at it with getting a hold of them based on English Racing's recommendation. The tune is going smoothly, flex fuel on the stock works well. We're currently on E30 and the stock super sports are useless. Client is already having me order stickier tires before we push to E50 and finish the tune.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 09:50 AM
kaj

Originally Posted by razorlab
$300k for a house in California is pretty much unheard of these days so good on you for sure. Sounds like Fresno might be one of the last places in California to buy a house for under $600k. Of course, we have to be honest with ourselves, it *is* Fresno.

I do miss California a ton so not hating on California. Most people that hate on California haven't even been there or are so conservative that they have bloodlust tunnel vision and automatically hate everything other than Florida and Arizona.
Not sure how this house compares these days, but I'm sure it's still a relative bargain. I agree with your comments about CA. I have a friend who moved to Nevada to get away from California politics and have all the freedoms .. now he's unable to register his car LOL. I guess the Grass is always greener.
Most people here, that hate Fresno, are residents that have never lived anywhere else. More grass being greener. But it's not. LOL
Most people outside the area don't like it because they haven't been here. That's okay too. It's keeping our cost of living down

Old Jan 31, 2022, 09:57 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
FYI, we ended up being able to get tuning arranged with Visconti. Kept at it with getting a hold of them based on English Racing's recommendation. The tune is going smoothly, flex fuel on the stock works well. We're currently on E30 and the stock super sports are useless. Client is already having me order stickier tires before we push to E50 and finish the tune.
I might be the only Supra owner that wants to keep the peak torque down but bring the horsepower up. If I could get the same powerband as my Evo, minus the stratospheric redline, I would be really happy. 400 torque flat across would make me happy and make a car that doesn't try to kill me every time I put the throttle down.

Waiting to see what other turbo choices come out. The platform is still really young.
The following users liked this post:
Crzykdd (Jan 31, 2022)
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:05 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
I almost punched a tiny guy telling me 'It's just point and shoot (with your evo), man". I just cried inside.
People will make up excuses no matter what. I lost track of how many times people came over to me in the pits after a session, really curious and are like "wow, this thing is fast, you flew by me, what kinda power does it have?", to which I reply "It's running about 520whp on my track map" and then they IMMEDIATELY dismiss the car "ohhh that's why" and walk away.

Nevermind, that in that last session, I didn't even see them two corners before blasting past them. That takes more than just power. Especially if that car I blasted past is a Vette or GT500. The last event I did in the Evo on the west coast was a Mustang club day and oh boy the above scenario played out like 10x that day. If your own car also has 500hp, you cannot make that excuse. lol
I might be the only Supra owner that wants to keep the peak torque down but bring the horsepower up. If I could get the same powerband as my Evo, minus the stratospheric redline, I would be really happy. 400 torque flat across would make me happy and make a car that doesn't try to kill me every time I put the throttle down.

Waiting to see what other turbo choices come out. The platform is still really young.
Yeah, I'm sure you could request a flatter torque. For a track car theres def no need for a big torque hit off the bottom.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 304 Likes on 238 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Not sure how this house compares these days, but I'm sure it's still a relative bargain. I agree with your comments about CA. I have a friend who moved to Nevada to get away from California politics and have all the freedoms .. now he's unable to register his car LOL. I guess the Grass is always greener.
Most people here, that hate Fresno, are residents that have never lived anywhere else. More grass being greener. But it's not. LOL
Most people outside the area don't like it because they haven't been here. That's okay too. It's keeping our cost of living down
That house would be in the high 700s in my area and I live in the ghetto. Move it 10 miles west and it would be a mil. I got my house about 7 years ago and its now worth double what I paid. I dont think any house has sold for less than 500k in my neighborhood lately and most of the houses are 500sqft smaller with half the size lot. Back in the 90s, most houses in my neighborhood were less than 100k..... crazy what 30 years does.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:20 AM
EvoM Guru

For you Californians...

Here is my driveway currently. It was also 1* when I woke up and currently 22* out. :-X

Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 444 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Every city has a ghetto.
I stay away from "masterplanned" communities. Coming from NYC, my wife and I made sure we live as close as we can to a "chinatown"
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:34 AM
EvoM Guru
Veteran: Army

Received 777 Likes on 592 Posts
The whole west coast has gone nuts for house prices. We just sold ours, listed at 690k, sold in a few days with multiple offers for 730k and 2mo free rentback along with other allowances.

The following users liked this post:
kaj (Jan 31, 2022)
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:44 AM
kaj

For you Californians...

Here is my driveway currently. It was also 1* when I woke up and currently 22* out. :-X
I'm a wimp and can't do cold weather. Lol
Old Jan 31, 2022, 10:56 AM
EvoM Guru

I stay away from "masterplanned" communities. Coming from NYC, my wife and I made sure we live as close as we can to a "chinatown"
Once upon a time I was looking at moving to Boulder, CO or Portland, OR. Until I looked up the ethnic demographics and both of them were over 80% white. Hard pass.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Once upon a time I was looking at moving to Boulder, CO or Portland, OR. Until I looked up the ethnic demographics and both of them were over 80% white. Hard pass.
sup with those people, they like telling you about how to be a 'good all-american neighbor' lol. "ya can't work on your car on the driveway, honey. take it to jiffy lube"
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Talk about nuts home pricing, this home 2 houses over from my place just sold, was listed at 1.625 million, there were a ton of people at the open house and now has a "sold" sign on it a week later. Still needs some work too:

https://intero.com/listing/CA/San-Jo...5130/148731336

The way homes have skyrocketed up, there will never be a family home that lists for less than a million in the SF Bay Area ever again, unless there is some sort of major economic collapse, which is not likely.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 11:29 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Crzykdd
Talk about nuts home pricing, this home 2 houses over from my place just sold, was listed at 1.625 million, there were a ton of people at the open house and now has a "sold" sign on it a week later. Still needs some work too:

https://intero.com/listing/CA/San-Jo...5130/148731336

The way homes have skyrocketed up, there will never be a family home that lists for less than a million in the SF Bay Area ever again, unless there is some sort of major economic collapse, which is not likely.
dang. thats just a garage in TX

Quick Reply: Mk V Supra - My Evo's Replacement?