Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Mk V Supra - My Evo's Replacement?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2022, 07:09 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Sh! I'm trying to get everyone out of California so I'll have less traffic to contend with.
Right!?! everyone talking about some great exedus or something, meanwhile a starter 3 bedroom 1500sq ft home is selling for 1.2M up the street from me. Like please, if you don't want to be here, GTFO so I can afford a decent home.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 09:55 AM
kaj

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Right!?! everyone talking about some great exedus or something, meanwhile a starter 3 bedroom 1500sq ft home is selling for 1.2M up the street from me. Like please, if you don't want to be here, GTFO so I can afford a decent home.

Haha. Yep! All my friends that complain about CA and decide to leave, I encourage. I nod and smile and say stuff like, "Right??" and "I know, huuuuh?". My friend that just moved to NV is having the worst time. Not all is CA vs NV related, though. A lot of it is that he picked a bad time to move and have a house built. Nightmare status, I feel for him. He still gets to own all the guns he wants. Kudos to him. Oddly enough, he had an SB100 for his car in CA, but it falls into the cracks of NV DMV so he can't register it there until it's a certain number of years old. He thought about moving to TX. But his car is altogether illegal there. Dude had a very comfortable life here but decided he'd rather be in NV where he saves $9k per year in taxes (He makes a lot of money). So, yeah. He's not having fun, but will never, ever, ever admit it. I can tell by how negative all his stories are
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 444 Likes on 379 Posts
moving to a boring state gets easier with age except for the food options. cant beat CA/NY/NJ melting pots
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by ViciousLSD
moving to a boring state gets easier with age except for the food options. cant beat CA/NY/NJ melting pots
The downside to this is I can't cook for ****. It's a vicious cycle that keeps me from wanting to move away.
The following users liked this post:
ViciousLSD (Feb 3, 2022)
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:53 AM
kaj

I'll say Fresno has some of THE best places to eat. It's all authentic. Luckily I like it all. I never get bored. I do get fat, though.
I E. One of Fresno's best Vietnamese sandwich places is right across the street from me.
The following 2 users liked this post by kaj:
alpinaturbo (Feb 9, 2022), ViciousLSD (Feb 3, 2022)
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:29 AM
EvoM Guru

talking about guns, this is the most boring thing I've ever gotten myself into lol yay freedom. you dont know 'freedom' unless you snipe at things that explode! something a 10yo in a suburb in asia can do. these texans with their ear muffs, man
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 304 Likes on 238 Posts
Funny that we are talking about houses cause I actually went and looked at one this morning. Nice and secluded in the mountains with a million dollar view without the million dollar price tag. I could wake up to this view every morning.

The following users liked this post:
EVO196 (Feb 7, 2022)
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:39 AM

talking about guns, this is the most boring thing I've ever gotten myself into lol yay freedom. you dont know 'freedom' unless you snipe at things that explode! something a 10yo in a suburb in asia can do. these texans with their ear muffs, man
I kinda feel like drones have made guns obsolete. We can't really be free until we have terminators patrolling our property 24/7.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 11:59 AM
kaj

I think they are cool and all. I really like going to shooting ranges. There are a few I'd really like to own. I have my CCW that I never use (guns are illegal in CA, anywhere you would really want to have it), etc. But to move somewhere so I can own some fancier ones? Yeah.. hell no For me, that is a not a good enough reason to live somewhere I wouldn't want to live otherwise.

Originally Posted by Lumpy Sticks
Funny that we are talking about houses cause I actually went and looked at one this morning. Nice and secluded in the mountains with a million dollar view without the million dollar price tag. I could wake up to this view every morning.
That's really, really nice. Assuming it has utilities and other city folk stuff, I'd be in. I looked at property just outside town. It had a shop and a nice view but also had a propane tank, septic tank, and a well. Oh, and a dirt driveway. Way too country for me haha. The one you posted is amazing.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
I kinda feel like drones have made guns obsolete. We can't really be free until we have terminators patrolling our property 24/7.
I walk around my property with a jungle bolo, and i stab weeds with feelings. no bars on my windows and never been broken into. btw i think walking around with swords is legal in TX now lol
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by kaj
But to move somewhere so I can own some fancier ones? Yeah.. hell no For me, that is a not a good enough reason to live somewhere I wouldn't want to live otherwise.
yeah over here "you shoot? yeah i shoot" is like theyre talking about snowboarding or something that actually takes skill and dedication. I find it weird. I got my CCW for night ebiking with my son. I saw some kind of dingo on one of the trails lol
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:15 PM
EvoM Guru

that is nice. first thing on my mind is "foundation issues"
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 304 Likes on 238 Posts
that is nice. first thing on my mind is "foundation issues"
The foundation was good. The retaining wall behind the house holding back the mountain, not so much. The top of it was leaning over by about 6" and had cracks every couple feet.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:40 PM
EvoM Guru

The foundation was good. The retaining wall behind the house holding back the mountain, not so much. The top of it was leaning over by about 6" and had cracks every couple feet.
skip it. looking at shingles gets old
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
skip it. looking at shingles gets old
Also up keep on the deck will probably get old fast. We get a ton of sun and the wood parts of the deck will need to be coated periodically.

Quick Reply: Mk V Supra - My Evo's Replacement?