Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Anybody out there?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2024 | 03:20 PM
EvoM Administrator

Anybody out there?

Just checking in with the old evom Loft family.

What are you driving nowadays? How's life in general?

I'm still in an FL5, pretty happy with it.
Old Oct 11, 2024 | 11:05 PM

Do you own a civic because you need the space? If so, would you exchange it for something else if you didn't need the practicality it offers?
Old Oct 12, 2024 | 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Did you have any impacts from Helene, Noize? We are still recovering from Milton here in Central FL coast, going on 72hrs without power. Still rockin that Evo X, just received some Zeal coilovers for it too!
Old Oct 12, 2024 | 06:58 PM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Air Force

I'm still here. I took the Evo out for a spin today.
The following users liked this post:
Noize (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday | 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Like how old you talkin'? Guess I've been here 15 years now and will always have my Evo. I mean, going on the idea I don't crash. Again.
Old Yesterday | 04:49 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by rustykan
Do you own a civic because you need the space? If so, would you exchange it for something else if you didn't need the practicality it offers?
I value handling and braking first. I do like the practicality a lot, but if it was not this sharp, I probably wouldn’t have it. I think it’s the reason the Golf R never stuck with me.

I’m getting older, have a long torso, so I don’t fit great in some coupes.

I liked the C7 I briefly had, but it was woefully impractical, and even at 50 I felt like I was 20 years younger than most owners. That’s sad, because they are such great driving cars.

Last edited by Noize; Yesterday at 05:03 PM.
Old Yesterday | 04:52 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by RobbieOh
Did you have any impacts from Helene, Noize? We are still recovering from Milton here in Central FL coast, going on 72hrs without power. Still rockin that Evo X, just received some Zeal coilovers for it too!
Nashville just got soggy. Not too much- nothing remotely like poor Asheville.

I’m so glad you still have your Evo X, and I hope you get power back really soon! I’m sorry it’s been so tough for Florida.
Old Today | 12:07 AM
EvoM Guru

I finally got the transmission in my civic rebuilt, its a pos-ish 06 Si coupe... ugliest body style in the ugliest color... but I'm a massive K20 fanboi, love how the engine feels and drives and sounds and rev's out... and the 8th gen is a massive improvement over the minivan front suspension the RSX had. I got ITR gearing and a plate type LSD, had the car all ready to do a track day to see if I can get to sub 2's on 215 Falken 615's at the local track. And the day before I slipped at work and folded my left knee sideways. So I've mostly been sitting at home feeling sorry for myself, haha