Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Got a WRX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2004, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welocme

www.nasioc.com .....see you overthere....

John16v
Old Jun 2, 2004, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

the one thing i hate about my WRX was getting it into reverse. for some reason it won't go in. i would have to put it in 1st, then neutral, then reverse again. it doesn't happen that often but it does happen.
Old Jun 2, 2004, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

My wife owns a WRX. Not quite an Evo, of course, but it is a decent car once you get used to the differences. I actually like driving it often times so I can see how the other half lives. Put in an uppipe, turboback and VF34 turbokit and yer good to go (along with a Cobb reflash, of course) powerwise.
Old Jun 3, 2004, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Haha thanks for all the postive responses guys, and ZapcoLancer - good luck on gettnig a a wrx, like someone said you can get one fully loaded now for really cheap, because they need to get the 04's outta there. Like after i traded in my lancer, it was like 20Kish or something around, I am not sure of all the prices because my dad had to sign the paperwork but i just make the payment. But it has everyoption except for sunroof, which i dont really like but thats just me.

Thanks all - and good luck
Old Jun 3, 2004, 06:06 AM

Well, also being an STi owner(in addition to my 04' Apex Silver Evo) I will say congrats on the WRX.. it's a good little car and can make some serious power with mods... I would get what's called a Cobb Accessport first.. the best suby mod you can buy.. it's a plug in module that you hook up to the data port under your steering wheel.. it comes preloaded with ecu maps and you can flash your ecu as many times as you want at your discretion.. they have great maps available for download from the Cobb website for each stage of mods.. if you get a turbo back exhaust and load the stage 1 93 octane map off of it you can push about 260-280hp on an otherwise stock WRX. Almost EVO power It also has valet maps (for when you let someone else drive) and all other sorts of nifty things.. for $595 you can't beat that. It only takes a few minutes to do a reflash with it and you never even have to move your stock ECU.. a few other words about a rex.. if you gonna mod it, don't waste your time with an intake.. it's worthless on a suby.. just get a good drop in filter and that's all you need. The same thing for an aftermarket BOV. Not a good idea. The rex uses a recirculating system with the BOV and if you vent all the air out it will over time damage your precious turbo. If you must have the "whoosh" get the GFB 50/50 recirculating valve which vents half, and recircs half. Ok, this is an EVO site so I'll shut up. Just sharing some things I've learned with the subys... and for the record, I love my EVO most so nobody flame on me too hard.. DSM power!!
Old Jun 3, 2004, 07:11 AM

nice job on the car choice, although most of us think that it should have been an evo or a lancer the subaru is a good car too, have fun with the AWD
Old Jun 3, 2004, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 19.5PSI
the one thing i hate about my WRX was getting it into reverse. for some reason it won't go in. i would have to put it in 1st, then neutral, then reverse again. it doesn't happen that often but it does happen.
Sheesh... this brings back the memories. Yeah, I hated that about reverse. For me it was even worse because sometimes it would grind even after double clutching when trying to put it into reverse...
Old Jun 3, 2004, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Where can you get the BOV that you were talking about jmjm that stil gets you the PSSST sound but wont hurt your caR?
Old Jun 3, 2004, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

congrats on your wrx (have you seen my thread), i got a test drive next week on one, so i hope i like it. Also i got a appt. to test drive an srt-4 (yeah i said it - cant deny the power) still i hope i come out with some good deals.

how much r ur payments now? also what color did you get?
Old Jun 3, 2004, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

thanks for the warning mike
Old Jun 7, 2004, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

no problem

anywho, i was next to a lancer the other day that had some rims, evo wing, intake and a full catback he said, i told him i had the same thing (minus the rims) then traded her in.

SO, we lined up, and raced to about 65, he was crazy far back, and i didnt even drop the clutch, i just held it at like 2500RPMs and just slipped it out a little, and then shifted at around 6200rpm and was able to pull like no other.

Ya its no evo, but my payments are just around 310$ a month, and for an evo (new) we looked at they were like 460$ish, which is a little too much for me. (150$ difference)
Old Jun 7, 2004, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ why no srt4? Im pretty sure now im gettin a wrx. I know stock for stock the srt4 wins, but i want awd and turbo. The srt4 is a good straight line car (and we all know street racing is illegal), take it on the track, and ull hand it its ***. Thou, with the proper mods it will hand the srt4 in a straight line. I rather buy an awd drive car with less turbo HP/TQ than a FWD car with more turbo HP/TQ. So give us a mini review on the car so far.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

2004 WRB WRX. I'm VanillaEps on all the boards (I-Club, CLubWRX, SQC-NY, and NASIOC). Congrats on the purchase and enjoy it. It's a great car.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

i dont even need to respond but hi! now we need more performance cars before everyone and their mama has a impreza wrx\sti, lanevo, srt-4, civic! =-)

enjoy your car, and drive hard safely!
Old Jun 12, 2004, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

what % of the people on this site actually go to the track and compete? Most of us are going to use that power for when we commute to work!