Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Got a WRX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2004, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya the evo is my overall dream car, I will prob get one once im outta college for a year or so. So like when im 26ish (aka thats like 3 years later) but i got the wrx so i didnt have to waste money on modding right now and just have smoething with AWD and 230hp.
Old Jun 12, 2004, 08:52 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mcbrown's wife's HOT! Makes me go side ways looking at that picture.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 08:05 PM

Wow, is this a Evo Forum or a Wrx one?

Yeah you are right , the Evo forum is not as stuck up as the Nasoic + other Subaru forum. Maybe they know Evo is better and thus all the claws are out.

I myself have not switched to an Evo, my bro beat me to it, so I am stuck (happily with my WRX).

I've got the MY00, best shape ever, I am sure most of you would agree. Although a 2.5L STI New shape can be tempting.

I use it for work, motorkhana, track and drags. (WARNING : Dont drive around the track with stock shockies for 10 laps when you have racing cars up your tail, heheh I spun and looking at a race car screaming towards you is not that fun.)

For those who are thinking about WRX before jumping to the Top (Evo) should get one.

Air and Exhaust Mod plus VF23 at 18psi will get you 13.2sec 1/4
Since then I blew one of the piston rings while competing in Motorkhana. Rebuild with 2.2L, FMIC, Autronics, Suspension and just recently a VF34 and Retune. Maybe later a 1st-4th gear dog box.

I think it will be hard for an Evo to lose me. Might not beat it, but at least in the rear mirror all the time.

Last edited by StiRokMiRex; Jul 21, 2004 at 08:14 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2004, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Mike how are you?!? long time since you've been on the boards..it's back up now..
Old Jul 22, 2004, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IILANCERII02
Hey all, well i never thought i would say i got something else besides a Lancer or EVO but i guess the day has come.

I have just decided the other day that i wanted to trade in my lancer ES and get a WRX. I got a 04' WRX and let me tell you, its not all that bad. Ya, its not as fast as the Evo for the most part, its still hauls ***. I believe 0-60 in like 5.8 (instead of 10.5 in the lancer, hehe )

Alright, well ill just keep it short. I just took some pic's and will post them a lil later when i upload them.

Anyone else on these forums own a scooby or wrx? If so, respond with where / what forums you are a member too.

~Mike
it's not all that bad...? c'mon, that thing is leaps and bounds better than the ES you'd been driving...

it's a very quick car for the money and pretty mod friendly... you'll be happy with the purchase...
Old Jul 23, 2004, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

I own a WRB WRX. I belong to SQC-NY and NASIOC.com
Congrats on the purchase and enjoy!
Old Jul 27, 2004, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IILANCERII02
Hey all, well i never thought i would say i got something else besides a Lancer or EVO but i guess the day has come.

I have just decided the other day that i wanted to trade in my lancer ES and get a WRX. I got a 04' WRX and let me tell you, its not all that bad. Ya, its not as fast as the Evo for the most part, its still hauls ***. I believe 0-60 in like 5.8 (instead of 10.5 in the lancer, hehe )

Alright, well ill just keep it short. I just took some pic's and will post them a lil later when i upload them.

Anyone else on these forums own a scooby or wrx? If so, respond with where / what forums you are a member too.

~Mike
ive actually thought about trading in my OZ for a WRX too but im still deciding on whether to get another car (WRX) or get a truck.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Very cool cars... I had a wrx a while back. I test drove one on a lark with my g/f and wound up buying one. The little rally cars are addictive
Old Jul 27, 2004, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

do they make WRX in automatic? I still havent learned how to drive a manual.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Yes
Old Jul 27, 2004, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

I'm in the same boat as you. I wanted to get the EVO, but as far as funds will allow with me possibly returning to college I decided to go with the rex. I love it to death. It is a great commuter car and it is pretty fast. If I had a choice b/w an STI and an EVO i'd go evo. But you definitely made the right choice. On a side note you don't want to put a BOV on an 04 rex, not without engine management at least. It causes nothing but problems from what i hear.
Old Jul 27, 2004, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

yeh thats my thing too i wanna get a wrx but i owe a lot on my OZ still (15000) so I dont think I can get one anytime soon with my payments staying low where i have em right now.