Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Got a WRX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2004, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a WRX

Hey all, well i never thought i would say i got something else besides a Lancer or EVO but i guess the day has come.

I have just decided the other day that i wanted to trade in my lancer ES and get a WRX. I got a 04' WRX and let me tell you, its not all that bad. Ya, its not as fast as the Evo for the most part, its still hauls ***. I believe 0-60 in like 5.8 (instead of 10.5 in the lancer, hehe )

Alright, well ill just keep it short. I just took some pic's and will post them a lil later when i upload them.

Anyone else on these forums own a scooby or wrx? If so, respond with where / what forums you are a member too.

~Mike
Old Jun 1, 2004, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

dude congrats..how much $ did u pay??im thinkin about doing the same thing
Old Jun 1, 2004, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

I was a member of I-club before it spilt, didnt post much though. I had a 02 black wrx and I loved every minute of it. Stock clutch lasted 35k with a vf30 turbo and utec among other things. I can't say I see that happening with the evo, so you have something on us there. Mine is already slipping at almost 10k miles now.

My only advice is to start modding that thing asap, there is alot of hp to be had by eliminating some of those cats so I would start there. I still think the wrx is the best bang for your buck out there, enjoy your new car. John
Old Jun 1, 2004, 03:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gotta love the subies. I miss my WRX sometimes, espicially in the winter.
For mods I would start with the up-pipe and go from there. Withe proper exhaust and engine management and a few other minor mods you'll be running with the Evos and STIs easily. Enjoy!

Btw...if you dont already know about it go to nasioc.com for any and all info on your new ride. Its a great fourm and you wont find one better for subarus.

Last edited by sr20det91; Jun 1, 2004 at 03:50 PM.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

good luck w/ your new car have fun with it
Old Jun 1, 2004, 07:32 PM

IIlancer, I thought you were going to FI your lancer?! This is a sad day, we lost one to the competition... (j/k)

Hope you stay around!

fluke

PS: is that Napierville on the Montreal south shore or am I completely wrong here? If I'm right, you might want to know a good friend of mine who's got a nice wrx, getting quality mods performed these days (ecu flash, etc..)

Last edited by flukester; Jun 1, 2004 at 07:33 PM. Reason: more info
Old Jun 2, 2004, 04:32 AM
Evolved Member

Hey all, thanks for the awesome responses.

I am not thinking about modding it real soon only because i lost like 2500$ on my lancer trade in because of the mods, and i want the warranty to last. So i am not going to mess with it for a couple thousand miles.

Also for where Naperville is, that is in Illinios, US.

And i also got it for about 21K, 27,500 on the MSRP, going for 25,000 and then 5K for the trade in. so after taxes about 21K.

Thanks
Old Jun 2, 2004, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
congrads on the WRX. you're gonna love it... i used to drive my wifes alll the time before i got my EVO. check out www.clubwrx.net. its not as stuck up as nabisco.... again congrads and have fun...
Old Jun 2, 2004, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IILANCERII02
Hey all, well i never thought i would say i got something else besides a Lancer or EVO but i guess the day has come.

I have just decided the other day that i wanted to trade in my lancer ES and get a WRX. I got a 04' WRX and let me tell you, its not all that bad. Ya, its not as fast as the Evo for the most part, its still hauls ***. I believe 0-60 in like 5.8 (instead of 10.5 in the lancer, hehe )

Alright, well ill just keep it short. I just took some pic's and will post them a lil later when i upload them.

Anyone else on these forums own a scooby or wrx? If so, respond with where / what forums you are a member too.

~Mike
Congrats MIKE,

I had a WRX wagon before my EVO it's a awsome car for the money. Enjoy it!!!
Old Jun 2, 2004, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Well, seems like this guy is doing the same thing I plan on tomorrow. I am going to the Subaru dealer tomorrow after my summer class to take a look at some of the WRXs. Most likely am going to be making a deal either tomorrow or Friday, to trade my Lancer in for a WRX. Nothings definite yet, but it has a high probability since I have an inside hook-up. Congrats on the car bro, and maybe me too!
Old Jun 2, 2004, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ZapcoLancer
Well, seems like this guy is doing the same thing I plan on tomorrow. I am going to the Subaru dealer tomorrow after my summer class to take a look at some of the WRXs. Most likely am going to be making a deal either tomorrow or Friday, to trade my Lancer in for a WRX. Nothings definite yet, but it has a high probability since I have an inside hook-up. Congrats on the car bro, and maybe me too!

On thing is you would not be paying more then 22.5K with almost all the options
Old Jun 2, 2004, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

sorta bring tears to my eyes.........i kinda miss my REX...
Old Jun 2, 2004, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

I miss my REX also.... but the new mods for my EVO help reduce the pain!
Old Jun 2, 2004, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Driving my sister's 04 WRX I didn't like the notchy feeling shifter or the turbo lag.. but congrats man!!!
Old Jun 2, 2004, 03:11 PM
Account Disabled

I found the shifter and lag annoying when I test drove also....then I test drove the evo. I wanted to kick the salesman out of the car and make a break for it. A friend of mine has a modded 02 wrx...he can almost keep up with me. enjoy the new ride.