Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo, or 330ci, I dont know

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2004, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not sure how these 2 even ended up in a comparo...
Old Aug 14, 2004, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Diesel
not sure how these 2 even ended up in a comparo...
Seems to happen a lot people got no clue about the Evo so they compare it to cars that have little to nothing in common with it....
Old Aug 14, 2004, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

in this case, NOTHING...
Old Aug 14, 2004, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Sort of makes me want to start a "Evo or Dodge Dakota" thread. Or perhaps maybe... "Evo or Scion xA".

Hmm...
Old Aug 14, 2004, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

Very true the 2 cars have little to do with each other, but alot of times people don't narrow their options to 2 similar cars, they want real options. If I were deciding on a new car, I might not be struggling with Evo or STi, I might be deciding between getting a 'true performer' (Evo) or something with a little luxury for a similar price (BMW). Its not always which car within a certain type/class, its which type/class.

My opinion has always been, if you don't REALLY want an Evo, you probably don't want to waste time and money experimenting. Its not really the type of car you just learn to live with if you decide it was the wrong choice. Not long after I got my Lancer (my Dad rushed me into getting it) I realized I really didn't want it, but the Lancer wasn't a major comitment and learning to live with it was no big deal since the maintenance/driving issues of the Evo are not present w/the OZ. And again, I wouldn't buy a pre-owned Evo unless it was from someone I know treated it right.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

It all depends on what you want out of your car or simply what is most important to you? The EVO and 330CI are to totally different kind of cars, and an comparison between the two is odd. So what do you want, what is most important, is it having the potential for 380-400WHP on the stock turbo, or being able to run low to mid 13s stock, and with a couple of modifications make Carreras and Maseratis (as if one would actually race you) look silly. Or is speed, comfort, and styling more important to you. The 330CI is a spirited performer, it is no where near the level of the EVOs performance and it would take approx $10,000+ worth of mods to even get to the stock EVOs performance capabilities (I have a friend with a 330I and where thinking about fixing it up, so that's where I get my numbers). Still for most people the 330CI performance is more than enough. So my suggestion, is to choose neighter and find a car that offers you the best combination of qualities from an EVO and 330CI, my suggestion, is a Volkswagen R32...
Old Aug 15, 2004, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

I can't wait to get my evo. I'm gonna get a PHAT PHUCKING body kit and some NEON LIGHTS and a PUMPIN SUB WOOFER for the HONEYS yo. I also want to add a LOUD *** BOV so MADD COPS BE KNOWIN WHAT I BE RUNNIN. Thank god my parents got cash. I've got cash I mean.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^

anyway, you're probably safer in the bmw. but maintenance is going to kick your ***. bmw reliability? s'like an oxymoron. i just don't see any german cars as reliable cars, but that may just be my intense hatred of yuppy-dom.

bmw's going to perform well, but 60k miles for 23k? man that would suck ***.

build a honda. they're fun, and can look good if you do em well.

new wrx?
Old Aug 15, 2004, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

ill sell you my weightless white evo with 8900 miles....if you want it
Old Aug 15, 2004, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

i am confused, you say that you want the evo because it has 4 doors and therefore you can shlep your friends in it. If that is true, why are you also looking at the 330ci which is a coupe. get your story strait and then repitch it to the evo forum.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Exactly. There is a 330i as well... heck, the 330i even had the Performance Package option available for a whole year before the 330Ci was offered with it. And the sedan actually weighs a bit less than the coupe.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
yo, get a r32 if u cant decide. luxury and better performance than 330. i love its stock exhaust sound also
Old Aug 15, 2004, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Simple.

If your asking which car between those two, then don't get an EVO.

Bad enough watching people who can't drive abuse cars because they have brand appeal...

Look at me in my BMW, Porsche, etc... even though I grind every gear and get into everyone's lane, I can spend money.

SAVE THE EVO, SAY NO TO POSERS.... REAL DRIVERS ONLY.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

I love people that hate on others with money. If I could afford a porsche I'd get one and be damn proud of it. People with Hyundai's probably say the same nonsense about people with evos.

Go ahead and buy whatever you want and if it cost you a bucketload go ahead and floss it. More power to you (no pun intended).
Old Aug 16, 2004, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

PM Webguy330i. He owned a 330ci, but got rid of it to get an EVO. He could give you a driver's seat opinion of both.