Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Evo, or 330ci, I dont know

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2004, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
del

del

Last edited by Delta00; Sep 3, 2004 at 10:01 PM. Reason: del
Old Jul 26, 2004, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

If you're gonna get a 330ci, make sure it's CPO'ed. Trust me on that one.

It all boils down to what you want most for the car.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

You're still in high school, so I recommend not getting either. Do you know how much your car insurance and repairs will be? The part where you talk about racing supercars on the freeway is frightening. I suggest buying a brand new Scion tC or the like.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

that
Old Jul 26, 2004, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by ru4real
You're still in high school, so I recommend not getting either. Do you know how much your car insurance and repairs will be? The part where you talk about racing supercars on the freeway is frightening. I suggest buying a brand new Scion tC or the like.
insurance is $2600 a year for both, and I am well aware of maitnance. I have money so im not too worried about maintance because i could have gotten a much more exspensive car, but choose not too.
Old Jul 26, 2004, 04:49 PM

thanks a lot for your help btapper
Old Jul 26, 2004, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

it's ot...you shouldn't expect a real reply
Old Aug 14, 2004, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Delta00
insurance is $2600 a year for both, and I am well aware of maitnance. I have money so im not too worried about maintance because i could have gotten a much more exspensive car, but choose not too.
you mean your dad/parents have more money, The BMW is an easier car to drive and control for your own safety sake get that you still got a lot of practice before your ready for an Evo when you grow up a little more then maybe think harder about the Evo. The BMW also has better safety ratings for when you crash.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Sentinal
you mean your dad/parents have more money,

haha, dont ****in assume buddy, very little of the money (around 5k) is from parents or family, situation is way different.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Get the 330Ci (make sure its CPO)...you'll see you really don't need much more power than that for daily driving and yes, you can mess around with people on the highway and not get your doors blown off- not the supercars you were talking about but they'll hand you yours on a platter even in the Evo (plus I've noticed they avoid the Evo's since they're imports and people assume they're rice racers = not a good 'racing' situation if you know what I mean). Yes they are everywhere but with a few exterior enhancements your 330 can really stand out. Powerwise, for around $5800 you can get the AA supercharger and be around 318hp. Also, I don't know where you're located, but I'm pretty sure you can find a 330 in your price range with a lot less than 60k miles on it. I picked up mine for $28k with 38k miles. I personally don't like the idea of buying a pre-owned Evo because of the nature of the car I'd be suspicious about the driving techniques of its previous owner. You really can't beat the BMW warranty/service program.

I hate to see high schoolers (I'm just starting college myself) in Evos. I think the two are a premature combination. Get used to the 330 and then move up to an M3 hehehehe By then AA will have a crazy supercharger for the M3 too.

As for girls- not many of them know what the Evo is anyway. Luxury is nice. We like it.

If you have any 330ci questions lemme kno- i practically live in mine!
Old Aug 14, 2004, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
what i would do just find a car for 5,000 like honda, and save some money...
Old Aug 14, 2004, 07:44 PM

I was in the exact situation you are in right now a few months ago. I'm also in high school and my list was nailed down to two, the 330ci or evo. At the end, I got the evo and I don't regret getting it over the bimmer. If you don't drive like a maniac, street racing at every stop light, then go for the evo. FYI maintaining the car can be a pain in the @ss. Tires cost around 1k for a set and they only last about 10k miles.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 07:46 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

Let's see... you're highschool which pretty much explains why you care about what your buddies think which as well has only one outcome to this questions of yours - 330Ci.
Why would you want to drive a performance car with no creature comfort, cheap paint and interior, 4 doors and cloth seats? Think about it... what will your date say when you show up in a riced out Lancer with a big wing?

I know what your problem is... you won't be able to say your car is "da shiat", that you can beat the M3 on the track, that 0-60 is in 4.5 seconds, that you have a bigas$ turbo....

Well, you'll learn to live with it. When you grow up some more, you'll get the newer M3 or the next best more expensive thing and your friends will again worship you for what you drive. Or maybe you change and become more like some of the older crowd on this forum that *really* don't give a **** what others think about their car and enjoy it for what it is, not how it looks like.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 07:50 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fullyloaded
I was in the exact situation you are in right now a few months ago. I'm also in high school and my list was nailed down to two, the 330ci or evo. At the end, I got the evo and I don't regret getting it over the bimmer. If you don't drive like a maniac, street racing at every stop light, then go for the evo. FYI maintaining the car can be a pain in the @ss. Tires cost around 1k for a set and they only last about 10k miles.

wait wait, are you changing tires at the dealers or are you changing your rims with them as well? $1k?
Cmon dude, you can get a decent tire for ~$150/pop
And 330ci isn't that fast to race from stop light to stop light. They are like 14.5 1/4" which is nothing special these days. I'd get a SRT-4 if I was into stop light to stop light. It would murder a 330ci.
Old Aug 14, 2004, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SoR
Let's see... you're highschool which pretty much explains why you care about what your buddies think which as well has only one outcome to this questions of yours - 330Ci.
Why would you want to drive a performance car with no creature comfort, cheap paint and interior, 4 doors and cloth seats? Think about it... what will your date say when you show up in a riced out Lancer with a big wing?

I know what your problem is... you won't be able to say your car is "da shiat", that you can beat the M3 on the track, that 0-60 is in 4.5 seconds, that you have a bigas$ turbo....

Well, you'll learn to live with it. When you grow up some more, you'll get the newer M3 or the next best more expensive thing and your friends will again worship you for what you drive. Or maybe you change and become more like some of the older crowd on this forum that *really* don't give a **** what others think about their car and enjoy it for what it is, not how it looks like.

C'mon, please don't limit that group to the "older crowd". I really think all of this bling bling, pimp yo ride shizziiiie is dying down. After all, you have to realize that yuppie parents had alot to do with this trend in youth today

Actually maybe it will always be here. It seems like as soon we turn 21, it's time to hit da clubz and try to get layyyeed. I think we can blame all of this on a nice blend of capitalism, alchahol, and libidos, a little bit of greed and envy thrown in as well. For the most part, human nature. We're sick bastards Lets get drunk

Ya heaarr what I B sayin dawgz? Not sure if I do, but I kind of understand it