Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

'03 Cobra vs. '03 Evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2004, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did a track day in my Evo at Putnam Park Racetrack & ran with a Cobra. I was amazed at how much slower he was. He would pull ahead some, but not a lot, on the straight, and then it was over: He was on the brakes trying to get slowed for the first right hander and I was still accelerating, knowing I could still outbarake into that turn. The Evo's handling through the rest of the track (all twisties) left him far behind.
Old Jul 31, 2004, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Awesome now thats a real race... Too many people get stuck on just a straight line quarter mile but you need the full track to really test a car Good kill
Old Jul 31, 2004, 06:50 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVESNAKE
Damn some people are *ucking ignorant. Hey most of you guys on here are pretty cool and open minded fella's. TurboDan you sound a lot like the Evo I raced a few weeks back. Cocky lil *itch said he only races for money and I'd better be careful cause he was pushing 350 whp. The out come was "give me my money trick". By the way we raced from a dig twice. And I doubt he was pushing 350 whp cause it wasn't pretty.
1st off EVESNAKE,if you were to meet me in person about the only thing that you would be saying is "Sorry",I mistook you for one of my "little" friends that worship me,and as far as racing your pile of *#@t Cobra,anytime you feel froggy,just leap.I will meet you at any dragstrip in the northeast, any time that you would like as street racing an little imature kid like yourself is just a waste of my time and effort.And as for $$$$$$ racing only question I have for you is, How much you got???Any Cobra owner that has 0 posts and is trolling around on a Evo fourm has quite an inferiority complex,after all,isn't that why you bought the Cobra in the first place???As my signature at the bottem states,Dont sing it,Bring it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.It appears the only thing that your running is your mouth..................................

Last edited by turboDan; Jul 31, 2004 at 06:53 AM.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 01:43 PM

Turbo Dan,
Why are you trying to get all crazy over the internet? And why the *uck would I be saying sorry if I meet you in person? I really wish you could meet the "little homies" from the hood. You don't even know who the *uck I am. What you gonna do scare me with your size and strength? Trust me I've slanged 'em with the biggest and the baddest so don't go off running your mouth. People get hurt that way, you know?? Anyways I don't like talking trash and bang on people over the internet so lets get back to the subject. Damn I hate internet gangsta's.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 02:05 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVESNAKE
Turbo Dan,
Why are you trying to get all crazy over the internet? And why the *uck would I be saying sorry if I meet you in person? I really wish you could meet the "little homies" from the hood. You don't even know who the *uck I am. What you gonna do scare me with your size and strength? Trust me I've slanged 'em with the biggest and the baddest so don't go off running your mouth. People get hurt that way, you know?? Anyways I don't like talking trash and bang on people over the internet so lets get back to the subject. Damn I hate internet gangsta's.
So this is what it comes to,huh? It goes from your baddass Cobra to street fighting??How ironic,or better put,moronic.Like I posted above,Dont sing it ,Bring it......... BTW,I really dont
give a *uck who you are, and the only thing that would be getting hurt if you were to meet me is your Pride.Please grow up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Like another member here has for his signature,Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics,even if you win you
are still Retarded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 2, 2004, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

omg internet heros... duck it's a cyber drive by! clowns!!!!
Old Aug 2, 2004, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I succumbed to a kid pulling up next to me...trying to race me.....and we did a few pulls from 60-120, it was even until I hit about 7,000 RPM (my rev limit is 7,800) and I slowly pulled away. It looked like it may have been an older cobra, perhaps when they were rated at 320 or 305 hp. It had an SVT badge on the left side of the trunk, but I have no idea how to tell the different cobras apart, but he at a minimum had a modified exhaust (loud as hell).
Old Aug 2, 2004, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

There is a big difference in an 03 + Cobra and the previous SN95 cobras. I'm not saying they are the best cars in the world but clowns who own EVO's and refuse to give other cars props make us all look like pompus a$$es! Give a car it's due.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

I wish threads like this would just automatically be closed since no matter what, the evo is better and no one ever can act civil in a thread like this.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by btapper
I wish threads like this would just automatically be closed since no matter what, the evo is better and no one ever can act civil in a thread like this.

Thats a mature comment... since no matter what the EVO is better.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 03:24 PM

Look TurboDan,
*uck arguing over the internet. I'm not like that I say whatever I need to say in someone's face nuff said. Second, I never said anything about my Cobra being the greatest car ever built. As you can see I never even posted this thread on any other Cobra forum for back up. I come here because I like the evo's. Like I said a good buddy of mine own's a pretty darn quick evo and we just like to share information. And if you think I'm a little *ucking immature kid street racing then your wrong. I'm sure everyone and there mama's have gotten into a street race. I don't condone street racing. I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter that has a bright future. And I'll be damned if some street racer ends her life. But when some punk comes up and asks to race and starts revving on me, I'll make sure we go somewhere secluded and handle it. So I'm just asking to stop the *itching about who's car is better and what not. We're all grown a$$ men here right? Although there are those occasional idiots that hasn't grown up yet that can be ignored.
Old Aug 2, 2004, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
Thats a mature comment... since no matter what the EVO is better.
read it again then it'll make sense
no matter what car it's against the people here will say the evo is better...

I can make it even longer and draw pictures for ya if you still don't understand it
Old Aug 2, 2004, 03:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW all the needs to simmer i think.

I was so close to purchasing the Cobra... my findings were for a warrantied car it killed the straight line far and above other warrantied cars i could find. Then i started talking to a few friends who own the 03's and they told me some horrors of the 1/4 on the car. Guess the independant Suspension doesn't like the hard launches. Also my ford friends are telling me how crappy ford is being towards the warranty when something goes wrong. I feel like Mitsu and Ford are incahoots with eachother. Then i inspected the upgrade options and find a lot of horror stories involving blown motors... this happens to evo's as well.

My friends all recommend the evo for all around and for the straight line say the cobra is the best stock! Everyone of them urged me to hold off though as i guess the 2006 version is going to be over 500hp/tq. Thus i'm going to wait and see.

For now i'm getting an older GT with a crate motor and MAS/injector upgrade. For 6G's i get 305 rwhp and 328rwtq. She smokes in a straight line and i could give a rats *** about modding it. I do like both cars but lets face it... something better always comes out!
Old Aug 2, 2004, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

The '05 GTO is the car that has my attention now
LS2 400HP/395TQ
Duel snorkel hood for increased engine cooling
Bigger brakes w/RED GTO engraved calipers
18in Wheel option
Split rear exhaust
Revised gauges with higher redline tach
Dead pedal

2 new colors Midnight Blue and Cyclone grey

yup 351rwhp...that's all I want now...luxury, rwd, and a big v8
Old Aug 2, 2004, 04:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh Baby

Hell ya... the gto is sweet and looks bad ***. It is way better then when the impalla came back. It looked like crap.

The 06svt is supposed to be B-A-D!! I'm just gonna hold out for now. The HP era is definately coming back strong. I can't wait to see what car manufacturers keep pulling out of their hats.

I only hope they honor their warranties and quite making a race car that is for the garage only... if you know what i mean!

Quick Reply: '03 Cobra vs. '03 Evo 8