Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Z vs. Evo

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2004, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Z vs. Evo

Alright you guys, here is a follow up on my car situation.
I went to local Mitsudealer and we got to 30.5 on a black
evo with black leather (sun sound leather). New.
I can get a 350Z (03) 460 miles on it, white touring leather,
navigation, auto . for 30.5

WHat do you suggest?
I guess its kinda biased to ask here but oh well.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

You seem disappointed with the Auto. Why dont you test drive both and see which you like better.

and than ask yourself, what do i really want either of these cars for and go from there.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
why the f*ck would anyone get an auto z, when he could get a brand new evo for the same price?

Last edited by hueman; Sep 7, 2004 at 03:36 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

I got rid of my 2003 Touring 350Z (manual) with 10K in mods to get a stock 2003 Evolution if that tells you anything. I have barely over 1K in the Evo and it handles better and accelerates faster than my Z ever hoped to with 10K in it. The only thing that the Z has going for it is aesthetics. It looks WAY better than the Evo.

So ask yourself, are you show or are you go?
Old Sep 7, 2004, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

I went thru a similar decision b/w EVO and Z. Both are awesome cars and you have to consider quite a few factors

1. Will it be your daily driver? Yes - EVO
2. Do you plan to mod it and on a limited budget - Yes - EVO
3. Winter? - Yes - EVO
4. more fun to drive? - debatable - I test drove both and settled on the EVO

There are quite a few more factors, but you should test drive both and then decide. Also why do you want an automatic and why settle for a used car when u can get a brand spankin' new car for the same price.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is the way i would compare them. Do you want more luxuries or do you want more performance. Of coarse I'm speeking of the evo as the performance. Just remember the Evo, doesn't have all the fantsy stereo, cruise controll, and all the other misc. stuff. I've never driven a 350z, But I can say it's gonna be hard to beat the over ride and perfomance of the evo, It's suspension is stiff but it take just about anything you throw at it and just soaks it up. not to harsh yet you can fill the road. also if it matters to you or not. but there about 8-10 350z to every evo. If you buying it for the flashyness the Z is gonna turn more heads. just figure I would throw out some facts. also, the evo might be a little be more high maintinece(SP). hope this helps.

-Chad-
Old Sep 7, 2004, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Why does the Z have 460 miles on it ?

I'd get the brand spankin new evo knowing that "I" have broken it in by the book. Besides that, it comes down to preference. I love the aftermarket support and competition the evo has. I like having 4 doors too. Insurance is cheaper.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

the Z, imo, isn't turning heads. it's a normal car now. there's liek 3 on each street corner. evo isn't the prettiest thing, but what's the Z got over it? weight? a better top end?

and the interior, while better than the evo's, isn't exactly a great looking thing either.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

auto Z black evo
The evo can turn just as many heads
but i guess its how important luxury is to you, if not that much def. GO with evo

But the automatic just sucks IMO
Old Sep 7, 2004, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackevoVII
You seem disappointed with the Auto. Why dont you test drive both and see which you like better.

and than ask yourself, what do i really want either of these cars for and go from there.
I agree ^^ test dive both see which one meets your standards!
Old Sep 7, 2004, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hueman
the Z, imo, isn't turning heads. it's a normal car now. there's liek 3 on each street corner. evo isn't the prettiest thing, but what's the Z got over it? weight? a better top end?

and the interior, while better than the evo's, isn't exactly a great looking thing either.
Thats more subjective than truth about the evo not being the "prettiest thing." I think the evo is a really nice looking car and so do my friends and the 5-10 people who yell nice car to me every week, not including stares and double takes. Hell, even my dad likes the car, after saying he hated it and he is the pickiest of them all.

Furthermore, if you are looking for a faster car, get the Z, if you're looking for handling and a car faster(to a point)/quicker out of the box than the z, get the evo...or get the g35 - i think that looks nicer than the Z.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 03:58 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
suprisingly enough, the AUTO Z isn't that slow, if you know how to drive it. It gets some good time on AutoX as well.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

well, the "prettiest thing" imo, is a nice thong on a chick with gorgeous legs and ****. but if you'd rather the evo were called the "prettiest thing," then more power to you.

but i meant it more as *understanding* that people may not like the looks of the evo. i know i get a lot of nasty looks from "civilians" on the road, and when i'm parking at work, that's all i was referring to.

EDIT: i DO love how my evo looks btw. just want to clarify that

Last edited by hueman; Sep 7, 2004 at 04:01 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 03:59 PM

Well I would definitely go with the Evo, better performance, and the Z is more for luxury, but then againg if you are willing to spend the money SP Engineering has a project 350 Z with a Twin Turbo in there and I must admit it is very sweet.
Old Sep 7, 2004, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

They're both great cars, it just depends on what you're looking to get out of it. As far as looks go, they're both attractive cars. I get more attention in the EVO than I thought I would, especially since it's black and doesn't stand out as much.

Quick Reply: Z vs. Evo