Notices
Marketplace Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Cars and Parts For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR -- Highly modified. 1000 hp at wheels (DynoJet)

For Sale

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Feb 5, 2020, 04:13 PM | Replies: 25 | Views: 7490

• Price
    $35,000
    • OBO
  • Location Albuquerque, NM, 87112, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN JA3AH86D45U012088
  • Mileage 6,000
  • Engine 4 cyl
  • Drive Type AWD
  • Transmission Manual
  • Vehicle Type Sedan
  • Exterior Color Gray
Description:

I purchased this new from a dealership in Scottsdale, AZ prior to US delivery (first MR edition availability). I immediately undertook this massive modification project, including sponsoring from Piper Cams (UK) and Magnus Motorsports, who did the majority of the work. Was going to be on cover of "Modified Magazine" but project kept taking longer at Magnus (vehicle was shipped, enclosed to Toronto and delivered by Marco Passante, after work, to Texas on a flatbed).
Full-blown dual hat, dual pump fuel delivery from tank in braided-stainless lines. Every item needed to make this vehicle produce 1000-hp at the wheels (AEM with dual maps....one for 91-octane...one for C-16...switch on the center console.

Long story, but new race engine was put in, broken in, and then tuned by Scottie Fox in Albuquerque. Dyno available and it makes 1000 hp. Same tires on it that came with it in 2005, just to give anyone an idea of how little driven. Shephard raciing transmission. Interested? I'm going to let this go for less than parts are worth, for sure. Lets talk. No time now but lots of pics and details to someone really interested.

Old Feb 5, 2020, 04:48 PM
JEP
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m interested in your car, but you need to post some pics and a build list to be taken seriously...
Old Feb 6, 2020, 05:49 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hello @petecraig1

A photo of the item w/a sign containing the date & your user name is required, please

Thanks,

Need this pic here:

Old Feb 7, 2020, 08:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi guys. This is a real deal. I will get a list of all the specs and lots of photos in the next couple of days. Sorry to be delayed but out of town and travelling. Thanks for the interest!
Old Feb 10, 2020, 06:54 PM

I'm sorry to be a flake and not get pics and such up sooner. Car is stored in Albuequerque right now and I'm in CO. Here are a few pics and details to get a sense of the build.
GT42R, 4" straight back custom exhaust, Magnus Motorsports (Marco Passante did all the fabrication...exquisitely, but he worked with a separate machine shop to build the first engine...which wasn't making over about 700, so we took the heads off and found it wasn't built right). Motiva Motorsports (Scottie Fox) had a new fully blueprinted and built engine custom built in CA (RS Machine...they're pretty highly respected and Scottie said they're as good as it gets). Head was already done well with titanium springs, oversized valves, ported and polished and Piper Cams and cam gears, clear cover. We had RS Machine put the whole assembly together though.
AEM engine management (2 maps) with Twin spark ignition, coil-on-plugs.
Tial wastegate and BOV, headers built by Magnus, intake as well. Initially had Squash dual-hat in tank (and whoever buys car can have it...it's out now) braided stainless lines and Aeroquip fittings everywhere. We changed to Full-Blown dual pump in-tank system to make the 1000hp. Fuel rail (forgetting brand).
Titanium cross-bar and engine stabilizer and stabilizer from turbo to engine (forget the brands, but with everything I researched and researched and spent much of my life on here as user: "MyCre8n=Evlshn" I'm unable to access my old account for some reason though (it's been years since I've been active). I always picked the very best of everything and actually, literally, spent over $80,000 in mods and shipping the car around and work being done to it, two race engines, etc, etc. I obviously could have done this project for less. That's just what happened.
Shephard racing transmission. Wheels (Works custom) haven't ever been mounted and I'll likely sell them separately (unless whoever buys the car really wants them for it), but I'll include a pic.

I will get pics of the car from all sides (underneath too). I'll have myself and paper with everything written on it (date and EvoM, etc) when I get down to Albuquerque. It may be a while, but I will do all that. I'll also try to get exact list of all the mods, but a lot is seen in the pics (except I'll find out exactly who blueprinted and built the engine...heads were built at Magnus). The drivetrain, other than the transmission, is stock.

Old Mar 4, 2020, 05:23 PM

Hi Evo fans. Well, I'm finally back in NM and getting photos and such that people wanted. I've got a lot of photos and details and will start posting them, but was told that it's important I get the ID photo, so that's first:

Registered in Colorado (my home)

Currently in New Mexico. This photo shot 3/4/2020
Old Mar 4, 2020, 06:41 PM

This is a 2005 Evo MR, bought from a dealership in Scottsdale, AZ and taken immediately to CA for mods and tuning. The shop there did not inspire confidence and I took it back to AZ, then shipped it to Toronto, to Magnus Motorsports (Marco Passante) to build. I'm going to try to recall all the specs and parts and such. Please understand that this was when I was WAAAAAY into this and was intending to make 9-second Quarter mile times with this, then put a small turbo on it and track race it (windy tracks). I lost momentum and the car just sat for a long, long time. After getting it back to the US, completed, it was time for tuning. Some research led me to Scotty Fox @ Motiva Motorsports in Abluquerque. He was as good as his reputation implied. We felt the engine wasn't quite making the power it should (2.2 L 4G64 at that time) and tore it down to find that it had problems. We (Scotty and I) decided the best course to make highest HP was to replace the engine with a new, fully built 2.0 L race engine. Scotty recommended RS Machine in CA, so we put in a fully blueprinted and built engine and heads from them, broke it in, then did final tuning. The results speak for themselves and the dyno on C-16 got what we ultimately dreamed of....that 4-digit HP!

Fully street legal and registered in Colorado.
3,547 total miles on the car today. Less than 700 miles on the RS racing engine. 4G63 short block--bored/honed/hot-tanked.
Manley Turbo Tuff Rods
Arias Forged Pistons (8.5:1 compression?)
Blueprinted and balanced
ACL Race (Mains/Rods/Thrust) STD
Micro-polished Crankshaft
ARP Main Stud Kit
Supertech HD Valve Springs (Dual), Titanium retainer/spring seats
Head Ported, Polished, 3-angle valve seats
Piper Cams, cam gears, clear cover (12mm lift)
Intake system all by Magnus with Tial Wastegate and BOV (42mm?)
Magnus fuel rail
Headers, Exhaust all Magnus custom by Marco Passante--4" straight back stainless exhaust
Intercooler is a work of art. Marco Passante spent a load of time fabricating this and the radiator to fit perfectly.
Because of all that needed to be fit in this engine bay, Marco took out the AC compressor and lines. I was thoroughly disappointed, but understood. The car has no AC now, though.
AEM Coil-on-plug with 2000cc injectors
Turbo: Garrett GT42R (circa 2005...I am told there are much better turbos now, so lag would be significantly less and performance even higher!)
Oil separator / catch can
Titanium Crossbar (forgot brand--see photos)
Suspension--Stock from factory. Never modified. Original brakes, wheels, tires, shocks / struts.
Transmission--New Shephard Racing transmission--5 speed. Discussed at length with John Shephard and ratio selected was best to give really good quarter-mile time, but also get top-end higher and leave lower gears spaced well for road-racing. I don't recall what the exact ratios were. This transmission has never been raced and has less than 3,000 miles on it (installed at Magnus in Toronto).
After transmission, the rest of the drivetrain is untouched, stock Evo MR edition from factory
Full-Blown racing dual pumps in tank, feeding engine through braided stainless lines with 10-AN fittings (don't recall brand, but I put best of everything in this project at every decision point).
AEM Engine management system with AEM Twin-fire ingnition module.
Safety switch on center console (see photos) changes map from 91-octane map (which makes around 650 hp with a very conservative and safe tune) to C-16 map. Programming plug-in is in glove box.
Odyssey battery with custom fabricated holder (very robust) from Magnus.

I'm no doubt leaving a lot out, but I can say without hesitation that no expense was spared in making the best project I could. Photos should identify a lot of the mods. Unfortunately, for me, I spent WAAaaaaay more than I ever should have on this since I never raced it once. I also made the decision at every point to replace anything not absolutely optimal (original fuel system with dual-hat in tank wasn't supplying enough, so we just replaced it with the Full-blown system, new engine, as noted, etc.

Unfortunately, there are some blemishes and small dents and such on the body because of storage in an airplane hangar, where things obviously got "dinged" into it. These can mostly be addressed easily enough (painless dent repair should fix the dents), but I want people to know and to study the photos, as there are many little blemishes and scratches and dings from when it was new. I have taken a lot of photos to show the blemishes, and more to show where these are. These were all caused while the car was in shops, hangars, or stored. The car has never had any damage while driving. Original traction control (Tarmac/Gravel/Snow) is disconnected and ABS is not currently on (so brakes are just manual right now). The ABS system has all components still in the car, but electronically disconnected when racing transmission installed. I am told this can easily be reconnected, which you would want for road-racing. Also, note that there is no roll-cage. This thing, with brakes down to manual and no roll-cage, should be understood to be not in full racing condition and should not be raced until prepared.

This is a really unique opportunity to pick up an unbelievably built car which has barely been driven and NEVER raced. The only time the car saw full power on the road was when Scotty Fox was road-tuning it (after break-in and dyno tuning). He said it was one of only two cars that "scared the ... out of him" during his tuning career over many years. He was on the highway (3-lanes in Albuquerque) in the very early morning hours with a spotter ahead. When he hit full boost, he reports the car "hopped" into the right lane, then "hopped" across two lanes to the far left lane, then "hopped" back to center lane before he let off the throttle. He worked on boost levels to smooth it out since then and the boost comes on very smoothly now (although even on pump gas, it is just astounding how much you're pushed into the seat!). He got it to come on smoothly and full-boost no longer makes the car "hop" but it will break the tires loose in 4/5 gears if you want it to.

As a testament to the few hours and little wear on the entire car, the tires are the original Advans from the factory. These are very soft compound and the photos will show how little wear even the front tires have had because the car has only been driven 3,500 miles total and most of that was break-ins and driving it to California initially (breaking in original factory engine, then driving it to California and back, then Magnus engine, then RS Machine engine). Transport to Canada and back to the US was by transport truck...no miles on the Evo. Original wiper blades are still good!

I guess most people on here know what it takes for the whole system to come together to make 1000-whp. That's a testament to how well built the engine is and how good the flow is through all the fabricated parts.

Here come photos just taken today....
Old Mar 4, 2020, 06:59 PM

Old Mar 4, 2020, 07:05 PM

Old Mar 4, 2020, 07:09 PM

Old Mar 4, 2020, 07:14 PM

Emblem has reflections, no defects. Hood has scratch (detailed here).

Old Mar 4, 2020, 07:16 PM

Old Mar 4, 2020, 07:20 PM

Old Mar 4, 2020, 07:24 PM

This appears to be tire rubber and should come off...but I haven't had time to do anything to this.

Old Mar 4, 2020, 07:29 PM