Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2008, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am here to clarify anything that might have to do with me... yes i have contacted people about buying stuff... as many other people have...
i how ever have not... nor will i attempt to scam anyone... i am not a random person on this forum.. there are plenty of people that know me here...
i was contacted from this forum by the moderators and one of the people that have been attempted to be scammed... he gave me the address to the place and i went to check the address...
it's located 1 hour away from me so this morning i took the train out there...
the house is a abondoned house on a corner of a quiet block... from what the neighbors tell me the last person to live there was a old dude who moved out a few months ago...
if anyone has a problem with me or anything that happened please contact me and i will help in anyway i can...
i am not here to scam you guys... since it's happened to me in the past...
if you feel as i am doing anything immoral here... i don't know what else to do...
Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well man, You asked for my email about the purchase of my DLI, a few days later, i get a scam email about it.

Paypal is doing their investigation, we'll let them make the call about anything immoral or illegal.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by izabran
i am here to clarify anything that might have to do with me... yes i have contacted people about buying stuff... as many other people have...
i how ever have not... nor will i attempt to scam anyone... i am not a random person on this forum.. there are plenty of people that know me here...
i was contacted from this forum by the moderators and one of the people that have been attempted to be scammed... he gave me the address to the place and i went to check the address...
it's located 1 hour away from me so this morning i took the train out there...
the house is a abondoned house on a corner of a quiet block... from what the neighbors tell me the last person to live there was a old dude who moved out a few months ago...
if anyone has a problem with me or anything that happened please contact me and i will help in anyway i can...
i am not here to scam you guys... since it's happened to me in the past...
if you feel as i am doing anything immoral here... i don't know what else to do...

you might not be the one scamming but its a really big coincidence that you said hey my boy might be interested in this so send me your email so that he can get in contact with you..THEN this op says the exact same thing.!!! you got some explaining to do kid.!!!! your lucky that im not a idiot and sent the product...naa homie im bout my skrilla..then you get your product.!! i got all paypal records and emails to back all of this up so you better get down or lay down homie.!!! your gonna get caught and its gonna be soon..and got all the pms you sent me to put me on with this dude..well i dont think you have somethin to do with it...i know you have somethin to do with it...if not...your are the same person thats sending these money requests like the one you sent me.!!!

holla back ni99a
Old Jul 21, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

same thing happened to me last week. this guy izabran asks about my ohlin flags for sale on monday.
here's what he wrote...

"hey bro...
can i get your email i can't talk on the forums at work... my boy might be intrested in this... he was looking for suspension for auto-x"

then on friday i get this...

"Hey I am interested in buying please login to paypal and send me an invoice so I can send you the funds.

I would like UPS overnight to zip code 11423.

I await PayPal money request with total so I can buy.

Thank You,
Jason"

except that they ****ed up and the subject of the email was aem instead of ohlins. this guy must have so many scams going he can't even keep the **** straight.

****ing dirtbag
Old Jul 21, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by max2evoix
you might not be the one scamming but its a really big coincidence that you said hey my boy might be interested in this so send me your email so that he can get in contact with you..THEN this op says the exact same thing.!!! you got some explaining to do kid.!!!! your lucky that im not a idiot and sent the product...naa homie im bout my skrilla..then you get your product.!! i got all paypal records and emails to back all of this up so you better get down or lay down homie.!!! your gonna get caught and its gonna be soon..and got all the pms you sent me to put me on with this dude..well i dont think you have somethin to do with it...i know you have somethin to do with it...if not...your are the same person thats sending these money requests like the one you sent me.!!!

holla back ni99a
ok first of all don't try and act e-thug with me please... rest your self...
i do understand that i asked people about it... and i'm going to ask the kid that i gave all the emails to if he did anything such as spam emails... i honestly don't know the kid... but he seen my evo and said if i know any parts for sale to email it to him... so i asked around about parts... all i honestly have form him is the email that he sent you guys...
i probably should have wrote some kid is looking for parts instead of my boy...
once again i am here answering questions... but i'm bot gonna stick around if people are trying to smear my name... you can check my sales... everyhting is good...
even when i took too long to ship something out i sent the kid back his money cause i had not time to ship out the radiator i believe...
Old Jul 21, 2008, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smack_evo
same thing happened to me last week. this guy izabran asks about my ohlin flags for sale on monday.
here's what he wrote...

"hey bro...
can i get your email i can't talk on the forums at work... my boy might be intrested in this... he was looking for suspension for auto-x"

then on friday i get this...

"Hey I am interested in buying please login to paypal and send me an invoice so I can send you the funds.

I would like UPS overnight to zip code 11423.

I await PayPal money request with total so I can buy.

Thank You,
Jason"

except that they ****ed up and the subject of the email was aem instead of ohlins. this guy must have so many scams going he can't even keep the **** straight.

****ing dirtbag
my zipcode is 11210... i like in BK, NY... that's a queens/long island zip code... you guys can say w.e. you want about me... but i did nothing wrong except try and help someone find their parts... on that it was my mistake...
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

I Got the same email from this guy. I hate scammers!! I just got scammed from assembledbygod, now this guy. This was from izabran

"hey bro...
can i get your email so i know who to send the money to... my boy might be intrested in this... how many miles...?"

Last edited by ace_2822; Jul 21, 2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

you can state whatever you want but you and i and the rest of evom know whats going on.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by max2evoix
you can state whatever you want but you and i and the rest of evom know whats going on.
i'm not stating anything that's false... check my posts... i've been here for a while...
what... i waited all this time to scam people o please that's BS... scammers are people no one knows... they just pop outta no where... i got plenty of friends in the evo community... so i have no reason to be doing this...
i'm still trying to get in touch with the kid...evoj to ask wtf is he doing... cause i'm getting scapegoated for his actions...
i was just trying to do him a favor... but i guess it got blasted back in my face...
once again i'm glad the mod's are letting me get time to defend myself... greatly appreciated...
Old Jul 22, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

I dont see why "your boy" didnt just do all the parts buying himself!
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo L
people still fall for this sort of crap? sorry to hear that though...
well not really fall but i got suspicious when i raised the price and the guy accepted plus he wanted overnight shipping from HAWAII!! i was thinking either this guys is crazy rich or its a scam.

After i totaled the sale up i obviously new it was a scam because he could have the exact product for much cheaper else where. Besides i never heard of paypal pending a tracking #

but whoever is the scammer must be pretty poor open a real account ill donate a penny to you
Old Jul 22, 2008, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ace_2822
I dont see why "your boy" didnt just do all the parts buying himself!
ok not my boy it was some random dude that asked me for parts... as i just explained to the mod... i prbably should have phrased it diff when emailing people about it... and should have caught on when he said o just get me a list of parts people are selling... since he didn't tell me exactly what he wanted...

once again i apologize to anyone that got or might have recieved this email... but i did not come here to scam people...
Old Jul 22, 2008, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hawaiian_evo
well not really fall but i got suspicious when i raised the price and the guy accepted plus he wanted overnight shipping from HAWAII!! i was thinking either this guys is crazy rich or its a scam.

After i totaled the sale up i obviously new it was a scam because he could have the exact product for much cheaper else where. Besides i never heard of paypal pending a tracking #

but whoever is the scammer must be pretty poor open a real account ill donate a penny to you
that should have told you right there to not do anything further... i get fake papypal emails from time to time... like o irregualr activity... you click the link and it send you to antoher site... but when you look at teh url it's some weird ish... and it's not even green like the offical site...

plus i make more then enough to attempt to scam people... once again for like the w.e. time... i apologize for haivng asked people for thier emails... and for not catching on sooner that it might have been a scam... cause now this dude is somewhere chilling... and i'm getting attacked for it... also thanks to the mods for not banning me...
Old Jul 22, 2008, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by izabran
that should have told you right there to not do anything further... i get fake papypal emails from time to time... like o irregualr activity... you click the link and it send you to antoher site... but when you look at teh url it's some weird ish... and it's not even green like the offical site...

plus i make more then enough to attempt to scam people... once again for like the w.e. time... i apologize for haivng asked people for thier emails... and for not catching on sooner that it might have been a scam... cause now this dude is somewhere chilling... and i'm getting attacked for it... also thanks to the mods for not banning me...
well, they haven't banned you because they're still logging your IP's, to be used to verify if the emails came from the same ip address. If theres no link, you have no problems... but if there is
Old Jul 22, 2008, 08:20 PM

The tein flex your kid asking from me should have arrived

with hazard waste inside

Quick Reply: Scam Alert