Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2009, 06:08 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wish ya the best of luck. But I always pay for big items with a c.c. through paypal, otherwise its only sellers who are trustworthy with a damn good rep.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 06:17 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by Cyloc
don't care if you pm the mod. I have already PMed them myself. Plus paypal has been in touch with them about this seller.

So in short if you don't like what you read but out.
Hey, relax.

We have a Scam Alert section which I check in with EVERY DAY. This is the first I"m hearing about this. I'm deleting his name; that's not appropriate to list that. PM me and I'll see what I can do.

SASD209
Old Jan 2, 2009, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SASD209
Hey, relax.

We have a Scam Alert section which I check in with EVERY DAY. This is the first I"m hearing about this. I'm deleting his name; that's not appropriate to list that. PM me and I'll see what I can do.

SASD209
That is cool. I forgot I did that. I was really pissed when all of this first started. I will PM you. Thanks for the help.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dafarmer69
Wish ya the best of luck. But I always pay for big items with a c.c. through paypal, otherwise its only sellers who are trustworthy with a damn good rep.
I used my bank visa card. I still have to see if they can do anything. I have been trying to give paypal some time to get me the refund first.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 06:34 PM
Admin Alumni

OK...merged with the Scam alert thread.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

sasd209 pm sent
Old Jan 3, 2009, 05:54 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by Cyloc
sasd209 pm sent
I'm on it...he has until his next logon to address the issue, hasn't been online since 12/23. I'd advise all members at this point to avoid doing business with 01EclipseGS
Old Jan 3, 2009, 07:27 PM
Account Disabled

i also pm'd you SASD
Old Jan 5, 2009, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LuDa
scam alert - RpmSteve

about a month in a half ago i bought replacement fog lights for my evo x from him i still have all the conversations with him mods can even look. he made it seem the whole time like i was getting everything including the lights. i talked to him about other parts i would buy from him but at the time i really needed the fog lights since mine were stolen. so i pay via paypal he tells me not to put in the description that its fogs because its his girls account or whatever. a little curious at this point i say ok sure. so about a week later i get a package and its just the housing for the fog lights...no lights..not even the fog light covers so i ask him whats up where are my fog lights and covers? and he just says oh i thought you just needed the housing not the lights. so at this point i feel totally ripped paying 150 bucks for some used evo X fog light housing i went up to mitubishi dealer and i could get the housing OEM brand new for 70 a piece so i could have paid less if i would have knew that i would have gotten ripped off. and then last week i send him another message asking if he can just send the fog light covers since im riding around with no fogs and i really need to put my fogs on and i get no answer. then day before yesterday i send him another pm asking if he can send it and ill even pay shipping and he just tells me i was gonna include it when you bought the hood..wtf? i already told him before i spent a lot of money around christmas and i wouldnt be able to buy the hood right now but i really need my fogs and since then ive seen him online and he continues to ignore me. basically he refuses to send me my fog light covers without me buying something else from him. im trying to see what i can do through paypal right now if i send him his stuff back im not sure what route to go right now. i would really just like to get my covers
really??? So your just going to LIE like this??? Ok

Reserved this post for the PM's i'm about to quote you on.

You DID receive the LIGHTS, you didnt get the outer shroud covers and thats IT. You originally asked me if I would sell my fogs because you saw a pic with them out. I said yes sure, so I shipped you the LIGHTS. I did NOT know you needed the covers. Then when you got them you said you thought the shrouds were included so You asked me if I could ship them when you bought the wing. You never bought the wing so i sold it. Then on Dec 7th, you asked if you could just buy the hood first. Thats when I told you I sold it. So we went back and forth about shipping prices on the hood and you asked if I would remember to include the FOG COVERS. The last thing you offered was to cover shipping and I would just send the shrouds which was FINE. I was going to ship them this week and let you know what shipping was so you could send the payment over. I'm sorry I didnt answer that LAST PM because I was going to ship them this week (AFTER THE HOLIDAYS) and let you know what the price was. I thought you were a cool guy and would jsut send the $ over if I told you the total. NOW YOU COME ON HERE AND LIE? LEAVE OUT THE FACT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BUY MY WING AND I WAS GOING TO PUT THEM IN THAT BOX? O AND YOU SAY YOU GOT NO LIGHTS???? WHAT KIND OF BS IS THAT? I WAS GOING TO THROW THE SHROUDS OUT!!!!! I DONT CARE ABOUT THEM!!! Now I'm about to just chuck them after all this BS.

If you still want them, you can Paypal me 25$ for a box, packing material, shipping and the gas I have to use to drop them off. You have until the end of the week or i'm throwing them in the garbage. I cant stand people who play games.

The only thing you did not receive is this, They've been sitting next to my computer desk for 2 months WAITING FOR YOU TO BUY MY HOOD, OR WING SO I COULD PUT THEM IN THE BOX

i'll Be back with quotes from out pm's in a lil while.

Originally Posted by RpmSteve
hey man havent talked to you in a while i didnt forget about you haha, but question instead of the wing do you think i could buy the hood from you first? my fiance has a lancer and i want to get her the evo hood how much would you offer the hood for?

hey man, to be honest, i didnt think i was going to hear from you so I just sold the wing. But yea you could buy the hood. Is 450$ plus shipping fair on the hood?
yeah that sounds good how much do you think shipping would be? think it would be more than 500?

yea unfortunately it has to go freight. its probably going to be around 150-200. If you want to look into other methods though and just send a truck, thats fine. I've shipped hoods before and they always have to go freight.
ok ill take a look at it..you still have the fog light covers correct? and the steering wheel?

steering wheel I'm keeping. Fog covers I have.
ok cool what other parts do you have?

hey man, do you want the hood and fog covers? I'd like to move them
hey i dont know if you got my last message but do you think you can send me the fog covers? i kind of need them i cant put the ones u sent me on without them. i will pay for shipping if needed. ive jus been driving around with no fogs
yea well wasnt i throwing them in the box when u bought the hood?
yeah i kinda went out more for christmas this year and i wont be able to get the hood for maybe another month and i really need to install my fogs since i just got HIDs

Last edited by StevenStarke; Jan 5, 2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep it to pm's guys.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 07:00 AM
Account Disabled

really??? So your just going to LIE like this??? Ok

Reserved this post for the PM's i'm about to quote you on.

You DID receive the LIGHTS, you didnt get the outer shroud covers and thats IT. You originally asked me if I would sell my fogs because you saw a pic with them out. I said yes sure, so I shipped you the LIGHTS. I did NOT know you needed the covers. Then when you got them you said you thought the shrouds were included so You asked me if I could ship them when you bought the wing. You never bought the wing so i sold it. Then on Dec 7th, you asked if you could just buy the hood first. Thats when I told you I sold it. So we went back and forth about shipping prices on the hood and you asked if I would remember to include the FOG COVERS. The last thing you offered was to cover shipping and I would just send the shrouds which was FINE. I was going to ship them this week and let you know what shipping was so you could send the payment over. I'm sorry I didnt answer that LAST PM because I was going to ship them this week (AFTER THE HOLIDAYS) and let you know what the price was. I thought you were a cool guy and would jsut send the $ over if I told you the total. NOW YOU COME ON HERE AND LIE? LEAVE OUT THE FACT YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BUY MY WING AND I WAS GOING TO PUT THEM IN THAT BOX? O AND YOU SAY YOU GOT NO LIGHTS???? WHAT KIND OF BS IS THAT? I WAS GOING TO THROW THE SHROUDS OUT!!!!! I DONT CARE ABOUT THEM!!! Now I'm about to just chuck them after all this BS.

If you still want them, you can Paypal me 25$ for a box, packing material, shipping and the gas I have to use to drop them off. You have until the end of the week or i'm throwing them in the garbage. I cant stand people who play games.

The only thing you did not receive is this, They've been sitting next to my computer desk for 2 months WAITING FOR YOU TO BUY MY HOOD, OR WING SO I COULD PUT THEM IN THE BOX

i'll Be back with quotes from out pm's in a lil while.
you must misunderstand or your misusing the term "Lights" you sent me housing FOR lights, you even said yourself that you didnt send lights. there were no acutal lights included which i stated before i dont even need. how do you expect me to install the fogs without the covers for it. i PMd you twice and you never responded to both. what else was i supposed to expect?...if you would have just told me now what you told me the first time i asked i wouldnth have got suspicious and had to contact a mod. so there's nothing im lying about. no lights were recieved, but i dont care about actual lights, i just wanted the covers with it.

i shouldnt have to pay 175 bucks for something that cost that much brand new from the dealer, but its whatever, like i said i need to install my lights.

edit theres no reason to post PMs ive PMd all pms with you to mods
Old Jan 5, 2009, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

you must misunderstand or your misusing the term "Lights" you sent me housing FOR lights, you even said yourself that you didnt send lights. there were no acutal lights included which i stated before i dont even need. how do you expect me to install the fogs without the covers for it. i PMd you twice and you never responded to both. what else was i supposed to expect?...if you would have just told me now what you told me the first time i asked i wouldnth have got suspicious and had to contact a mod. so there's nothing im lying about. no lights were recieved, but i dont care about actual lights, i just wanted the covers with it.

i shouldnt have to pay 175 bucks for something that cost that much brand new from the dealer, but its whatever, like i said i need to install my lights.

edit theres no reason to post PMs ive PMd all pms with you to mods
so i didnt include 5$ worth of bulbs and thats what you consider the light? But you dont even need the bulbs anyway? So basically your just wasting part of my life for nothing?

We never spoke about the shrouds and if ANYONE reads our pm's, it doesnt look like I was ignoring you at all. You totally left parts of the story out to make it look like I was blowing you off and FORCING you to buy something else from me to receive the shrouds when that is NOT the case.

Like I said before, now you can Send me 25$ for shipping or I'm throwing them out by friday. And do yourself and look up PETTY in the dictionary.

Last edited by StevenStarke; Jan 5, 2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

O and make sure if/when you do send the 25$, you put in detailed description what your paying for and I'm ONLY shipping to your confirmed address. If you dont have one, then forget it
Old Jan 9, 2009, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Evom bros what can a guy do if one thinks he has been scammed. I sent money to someone on this forum and have not heard from him since. I can't post in the forsale section for some reason so I can't even comment on the orginal thread. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

pm sasd209

Quick Reply: Scam Alert