Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...cams-272s.html
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Evom bro's it seems a lot of us are getting scammed now. It could be a sign of the bad economy. This is what I recommend in making sure you can always recover your money if you get scammed.

1. Pay by PayPal
2. Never leave any money in your PayPal account. Whenever there is a balance take out the money.
3. Link you PayPal account to a credit card.
4. When paying for items via PayPal have your PayPal account draw the money out from your credit card.

As many of you know if you get scammed PayPal will try to recover your money. If the scammer has emptied his account even though you have had a judgement in your favour you are out the money. PayPal only recovers your money on a best effort basis. If PayPal is unable to recover your money the ace up your sleeve is file a complaint with the credit card company. You will get your money back from the credit card company. The only downside to this is if your claim ratio is close to what you spend through PayPal they may close your account if this happens too often. Due to this reason let PayPal try first to get your money back before resorting to your Credit Card company.

Last edited by Street gear; Feb 11, 2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Scammed by EvoM user Evoguy69

here is my story and dealings with evoguy69

Original thread :

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...enis-615s.html
other FS thread where the tires are 60% that i just now found :

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...eels-sale.html

Bought the tires for 550 shipped. I knew the wheels were scuffed, curbed but not bent and that is fine but if i had known one of the tires had a chunk of it gone from the sidewall i would not have bought them.

It is not safe to drive on and i refuse to sell them to someone else in this condition. I also refuse to buy 1 or even 2 new tires then have 2 tires different on the back or front , it is known that its not good on the drivetrain if they are far off. That and the fact i was sold 4 working tires that were "almost new"

here are the pics of the damage tire

you can see in any of the pics he posted that was never shown nor mentioned. Now that i look at pic #2 on his 2nd post and i zoom in i can see where the damage is but in the pic it just looks like a dark spot but infact is the damage

so i emailed him and here are his 2 replys

i drove on them and had no problems.i took the best pics i could.sorry but i dont know what i can do for you.you bought the wheels and tires for the tires and i assume you are going to sell the wheels. 550.00 for the wheels and tires and you sell the rims for 200.00 which is a rediculously lowball price even for track rims .so you have 350.00 tied up in 4 almost new tires that the absolute cheapest you can get is 115.00 each plus 15.00 shipping so 130.00 each x 4 equal 520.00 and you have a little more than that in the tires and rims.so you sell the rims and have 350.00 in tires that cost 520.00 so lets say one is no good (which is not the case but saying from your perspective is no good) take 130.00 from the 520.00 that leaves 380.00 if you bought 3 tires that 390.00 you still come out cheaper.i dont feel any obligation here.you are talking about a purely cosmetic defect.those tires have seen 155mph sustained with no loss in performance.please respond only if there is a problem with the integrity of the product i sold.thanks,keith

and the latest

This is hard to say without sounding rude but you would have to be ignorant of tire tread depths to say the tires i sold you had only 60% tread left. A tire comes new with 10/32nds tread depth, the azenis 615s come new with 8/32nds tread depth. I am certain the tires have 6 to 7/32nds tread depth which is well over 60%. The blemish is merely supperficial as stated and the reference to sustained high speed without a blowout or any noted dificulty was made to evidence the fact that the blemish is purely cosmetic. I made every effort to take extra pictures for you if you recall.i am insulted that you think the tires only have 60% tread on them and that only 2 are usable if that wasnt enough you state you need to get full set because you shouldnt run different tread depths on an awd car.look i a 39 years old and have owned numerous cars awd,fwd,rwd and 4wd if you count suvs. I am not an idiot and what you are saying would be suggesting otherwise. You bough a used product,if you wanted new you should have purchased new.i feel no obligation legal or otherwise to discuss this further.i am not willing to purchase you any new tires or refund any monies.i am very sorry that you have found this transaction unsatisfactory but i am of the oppinion you got a more than fair product per dollar value. If you are still displeased with the wheel tire set you should relist them. Their were others interested them.sincerely,keith

dunno man for being "39" he sure doesnt act like it. I am pretty sure im not in the wrong here and i expect him to take care of it some how but looks like im gonna have to fight it it legally through paypal and my bank

also tire stores here refuse to even balance that tire dude to legal reasons. Guys at Falken, and tirerack both say to NOT use that tire.

What does everything i should do, any advice? Anyone know this guy?

Thanks everyone

Last edited by SASD209; Feb 11, 2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

I would firstly open a dispute on paypal and go from there so that it's atleast documented. I looked at the FS thread and from what I could see there's no mention of any damage or anything like you're problem. If he wasn't worthless, he'd refund you.

I sold a used iPhone and the buyer opened a dispute saying she didn't know that the screen had a few light pixels, and after I reviewed my information, I knew she was right, and refunded it no questions asked. It's common courtesy, but some people just don't have it, and from the way he types, I doubt he knows what that is.

good luck
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

yes i am filing with paypal
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
I had somewhat a similiar situation couple of months ago buying few gauges on here, well unfortunatly they were damaged and never got to recieve them till a month later. long story short, the seller NEVER replied to my emails after i paid him, even after i told him that they were damaged and i needed a refund or atleast a partial refund, however, the min i filed a dispute , the guy sent me 3 emails trying to resolve things..lol, we finaly worked something out, but ya ask the guy for a refund, if he doesn't seem be heling then contact ur credit card company or paypal.
goodluck, and its sad to see fellow evo owners do such a thing.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

Lol that guy is retarted, file a paypal claim
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:42 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
merging shortly with scam alert thread

Last edited by chaotichoax; Feb 11, 2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

I know Timmay personally and he would never in his right mind would buy anything like this if he didn't think they were in good shape. Timmay is a very knowledgeable person when it comes to cars and such, he's been building honda's, subaru's ect for some time now.

I as well looked at the thread and there was mentioning about the scuffed rims, why he wouldn't mention the scuffed tire is beyond me and there was no mentioning of the scuffed tire at all, I mean a curb rashed rim isn't bad, but a chunk missing out of the sidewall like this is not alright. Timmay plans on some heavy autocross with his evo, and as much as tires flex through the tight corners I would not trust that tire as far as I can throw it. It "might" be ok for a little bit, but sooner or later something is going to happen, it's just a matter of "when" and "how"

Bottom line is there was nothing mentioned about the chunk missing out of the tire, hell you can hardly see anything wrong with them in the pics that the seller posted in his for sale thread. He knew about it but did not mention it, but mentioned about the curb rashed rims? I just don't understand that one.....

Sorry about this timmay and I hope everything goes well for you. good luck buddy.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sorry to hear about this man. Hope you can get your money back from paypal or something. Unfortunately there are too many idiots like this seller who think they are right in their small little world.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 09:55 PM
Admin Alumni

Originally Posted by chaotichoax
merging shortly with scam alert thread
Done. Names edited out. Until someone is found guilty by a judge, we don't post names. Thanks.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys
Old Feb 12, 2009, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wallesasuaz
^ Sounds like a good idea...

Wow, that is a very elaborate scheme. Interesting. This sort of happened to me. I opened a dispute on paypal and it took a couple of days to resolve. The problem is it wasn't resolved, because the supposed "seller" didnt' have the funds in his paypal account. Now I gotta wait for paypal to launch a full investigating and track down the " Scammer" so I can get my money back. I'm not gonna stress it, and I leave it that eventually I will get my money back.
GL with ur dispute. I had 2. never recieved anything.. same excuse. no funds in paypal account.. that was 2yrs ago!
Old Feb 12, 2009, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

Here is the latest Email from evoguy69

My first impulse upon hearing your offer was to tell you to go jump in the lake.instead i am going to clarify your offer and accept it by placing funds back into your account.the only reason being to keep in good standing with paypal. You sent me 550.00. shipping was a little more than 170.00 but i will use 170.00 for ease of math.o k 550.00 minus 170.00 equals 380.00 we have agreed that the rims by themselves are worth at minimum 200.00 and you have agreed they are usable, the curb rash on them was fully disclosed to you befor the purchase.380.00 minus 200.00 equals 180.00 .you have said you believe half of the tires to be usefull.so to sum this up you have 180.00 in the 4 tires and you are asking for half of your money which half of 180.00 is 90.00 .now the problem is that there is only 1 tire with damage that was not disclosed befor the purchase.this would be the one oversight on my part.so 1 tire of the 4 is not usable in your opinion.half of 90.00 is 45.00 .45.00 is what you have invested in each tire.all of these figures are without shipping so as to be clear on the actual monies you spent on the items themselves.my offer is to refund you the full ammount you have invested one tire which is 45.00 This is my only offer and i have made it very elementary so there is no room for confusion. Sincerely,kc

Last edited by SASD209; Feb 12, 2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 10:05 PM
Admin Alumni

Guys, really...keep the names out of this. Like I said before: if a court finds somebody guilty and it's public record, feel free to post names. We're not there yet, so names shall be left out. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Scam Alert