Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beetle_orange
^southwest airlines FTW
I used them to fly out to get my evo lol yea evilevo22 scammed people on the dsm forums i saw his aem ems ad and decided to search his name and turned up this thread
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by M2007
Yea, well i wont be selling things to buyers with 0 feedback now . Sucks that you cant trust people these days. Just the mission this crap is putting me through my paypal account is not 100% unlocked still. I will need to call up tomorrow since the automatic recovery system wants to call me on a land line phone. I have not had a house phone in over 2 years. Skype & Cell phones ftw?
also i never keep a bank account on my paypal nor a card i ad it each time i use it then delete right after my account may not be verified but i still get the transaction number rating thing and everytimy you ad a card the billing addy for the card gets confirmed so...
Old Jun 4, 2009, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thecaboy
hah i dont even know what an ip is haha and i dont know all this technical stuff your talking about but like i said paypal is dealing with it and we will find out who is at fault.
why do parents buy there ****ing kids expensive cars especially an evo wtf, then theats not enough they still want more so they hack and scam people then get booty raped in jail and wonder why their there. I paid half for my first car it was 5 grand.

damn i should have used the edit button my bad will do it next time
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TyeVO
also i never keep a bank account on my paypal nor a card i ad it each time i use it then delete right after my account may not be verified but i still get the transaction number rating thing and everytimy you ad a card the billing addy for the card gets confirmed so...
how do you get the money out of the paypal account if you dont have a bank account?
Old Jun 4, 2009, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

how do you get the money out of the paypal account if you dont have a bank account?
i issue myself a check or spend it lol
Old Jun 16, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just wanted to share my experience with member Silver3g2000 out of South Jordan Utah.

Bought a 05 transmission from him, drove to Utah to pick it up. I had bought stuff from him before so i trusted his word, being it was late and dark i didnt get a chance to fully look over the trans but it seemed in good shape. I told him i needed something to that i could just bolt right in in place of mine, he told me thats what this was and it had no issues.

Forward to about a week ago i get the money to have it installed and i get a call from the shop saying that the input shaft bearing is hammered and would need replaced also trans was missing most of the casing bolts, so i ended up having to put my old trans back in being i had to have the car.

I made several attempts to contact him , pm's left voice mails , texts with no reply. Finally i get a text back saying to call him around 7 which i did and still no answer. I dig a little info and get his parents number and call them. They claim to not talk to him and dont know how to get ahold of him. Got his work number and finally got in touch with him .

He claims that the bearing should of been replaced anyway and he figured i would of just used my casing bolts. I told him this was not right and i either need some money back or a refund being this isnt what the deal was. Now he is avoiding all my calls, messages etc.

I think im just going to call his work every day till i get some help, i really dont want to have to file a small claim but i may have to
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
daam that sucks.. i suggest u file a claim anyway since he sold u a faulty tranny. and i assume he didnt tell you that...
Old Jun 16, 2009, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

when i bought it he told me everything was fine, and i trusted him being i had bought stuff before with no issues. well now he has admited he knew it was damaged but he figures i should of replaced it anyway and i should of used the bolts from my trans
Old Jun 16, 2009, 01:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
what a ******.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

yea its a shady deal, when im told something is good to put in i should have to have to take a trans apart to fix a messed up bearing. he refuses to help me and is trying to put the blame on me
Old Jun 16, 2009, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

can you file a small claim without paper work or a piece of paper stating all this..?? if it was a cash deal?? just wondering this one.. sorry to here this mess with you.. hopefully you get it worked out..
Old Jun 16, 2009, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

verbal agreement is just as good as a written as far as court goes
Old Jun 16, 2009, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Im just wondering will it hold up?? is it worth the money to open it with no visible proof/paperwork its one word against another with no visible proof.... Im gonna say it wont hold up from what ive heard.. But moneys money and you got to do what you got to do.. And he needs to learn a lesson for sure if he wont help you out and points the finger at you..
Old Jun 16, 2009, 02:29 PM
Evolving Member

well i have pm's and texts he knew it was damage but figured it needed replaced anyway. Thing is i live 150 miles away so its gonna cost me time off work plus court fees and stuff. But i may have no other options
Old Jun 17, 2009, 01:27 AM
Account Disabled

Thumbs up

you can sign up for the paypal debit card. you can take out $400 a day. works handy and much faster. took me 7-10 days to get but waiting for every transaction to go through your bank account was taking way too long for it to clear.

try the debit card for paypal. doesnt cost anything.

Quick Reply: Scam Alert