Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

I recently purchased megan coilovers from SPOOLED IX MR (david arezina) . The description stated in the sale was not even close to the condition of the coilovers. I found that one of the knobs from the front coilover is missing, the springs are rusted, the screws on top are rusted, the boots are badly worn, one of the front coilover's top hat is stuck in one position, and it was poorly packaged.

i filed a dispute on paypal but it was declined.

please do something about this mods! thanks!

Last edited by ellyottlin; Aug 5, 2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by ellyottlin
Hey guys,

I recently purchased megan coilovers from SPOOLED IX MR . The description stated in the sale was not even close to the condition of the coilovers. I found that one of the knobs from the front coilover is missing, the springs are rusted, the screws on top are rusted, the boots are badly worn, one of the front coilover's top hat is stuck in one position, and it was poorly packaged.

wow....you should have asked him for close up pictures before you bought them.....that the only problem of buying used coilovers especially from the states that have heavy rain or snow.....a lot of rust starts building up.....
Old Aug 5, 2009, 01:26 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by bryanv
Hey everyone just got scammed myself here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...pipe-70-a.html

This guy needs to be banned or whatever you moderators do. He scammed me on the DP. Check his sell rating for more information on how he scammed me. Not really sure how else to report this guy.
Banned.

Again, if you guys are having problematic transactions (and I don't mean not getting a reply within 72 hours), IT IS ABSOLUTELY VITAL THAT YOU USE THE ITRADER NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. That is our (moderator staff) first source of info.

In the case of silviaz145, there were several threads where people were complaining he hadn't shipped an item, or they never got a tracking number, etc. But bryanv was the only one who left a feedback.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 03:26 PM

Thanks Billy, I was wondering why those people didn't leave negative feedback after he pulled that off. We have to help legitimate buyers and sellers by leaving feedback. Also, thanks for clearing his negative feedback on mine after he tried retaliating. If you notice too, his post count was at 51 with almost every single post saying a word or two just so he can sell on the forums.

Much appreciation and this will help many more who may be a victim to his scam.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ellyottlin
Hey guys,

I recently purchased megan coilovers from SPOOLED IX MR (david arezina) . The description stated in the sale was not even close to the condition of the coilovers. I found that one of the knobs from the front coilover is missing, the springs are rusted, the screws on top are rusted, the boots are badly worn, one of the front coilover's top hat is stuck in one position, and it was poorly packaged.

i filed a dispute on paypal but it was declined.

please do something about this mods! thanks!
I sold him a pair of stock MR coilovers a few weeks ago...
Old Aug 8, 2009, 09:23 PM

This is sad thread...I hope it all gets work out.
Old Aug 9, 2009, 12:25 PM

i will need to sell parts soon, so i'm learning how to avoid any of these negatives. thank you.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Be aware of rabbit61319 , he sold me some JDM headlights that were broken and he decided not to tell me after shipping and even after I pmed him he said he knew they were broken but didn't tell me because he tried to heat weld them together.

After I pmed him he said he won't even give a refund either. WOW..watch out for him!!!!
Old Aug 13, 2009, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Manny@TurboTrix...he sold me some PTE "1000cc Injectors" when they were really 880cc. I PMed him a bunch of times since July 31, which is the last day I heard from him (he said "Dude im really sorry i was out all day ill pm you the tracking number tomo ") and I didnt hear from him yet. But when the injectors came in, they looked more used than what he said. What made me call PTE to verify the injector size was that they came in a 1200cc box. Unfortunately, when I called PTE, they told me they're actually 880cc injectors.

Update...08/14/09
Attempting to resolve issue with him.

Last edited by thisxguy; Aug 14, 2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by thisxguy
Manny@TurboTrix...he sold me some PTE "1000cc Injectors" when they were really 880cc. I PMed him a bunch of times since July 31, which is the last day I heard from him (he said "Dude im really sorry i was out all day ill pm you the tracking number tomo ") and I didnt hear from him yet. But when the injectors came in, they looked more used than what he said. What made me call PTE to verify the injector size was that they came in a 1200cc box. Unfortunately, when I called PTE, they told me they're actually 880cc injectors.

Update...08/14/09
Attempting to resolve issue with him.
Manny, no longer works for turbotrix. Im not sure what injectors he sold you but ttr only sells new injectors. Im not sure about a used injector looking older then the next used one. Non the less, send them back to me attn mark and ill get you a refund. Even though hes not with us any longer ill make sure we pay you for his mistake. Im sure it wasnt done intentionally and apologize for the mix up. Just out of curiosity why cant you use 880 ? What turbo do you have ? Shoot me a pm or email me direct at mark@turbotrix.com

thanks
mark
Old Aug 17, 2009, 08:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by TurbotrixRacing
Manny, no longer works for turbotrix. Im not sure what injectors he sold you but ttr only sells new injectors. Im not sure about a used injector looking older then the next used one. Non the less, send them back to me attn mark and ill get you a refund. Even though hes not with us any longer ill make sure we pay you for his mistake. Im sure it wasnt done intentionally and apologize for the mix up. Just out of curiosity why cant you use 880 ? What turbo do you have ? Shoot me a pm or email me direct at mark@turbotrix.com

thanks
mark
now thats a serouis company
Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
ya, ttr makes sure the customers always happy. they forgot bolts before on a item i purchased and i called and they overnighted the bolts fedex for me..... overnight fedex = $
Old Aug 18, 2009, 03:42 AM

I almost got hit with a scam last night. Was about to buy a transfer case on eBay. Sellers paypal rejected me, contacted seller about the problem I was having and he replies back that he ended the auction and for me to send him a money order and that his paypal is old and doesnt work anymore..... I said no thank you!
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

I posted this on 313 of this thread here is some advice to prevent being scammed:

Evom bro's it seems a lot of us are getting scammed now. It could be a sign of the bad economy. This is what I recommend in making sure you can always recover your money if you get scammed.

1. Pay by PayPal
2. Never leave any money in your PayPal account. Whenever there is a balance take out the money.
3. Link you PayPal account to a credit card.
4. When paying for items via PayPal have your PayPal account draw the money out from your credit card.

As many of you know if you get scammed PayPal will try to recover your money. If the scammer has emptied his account even though you have had a judgement in your favour you are out the money. PayPal only recovers your money on a best effort basis. If PayPal is unable to recover your money the ace up your sleeve is file a complaint with the credit card company. You will get your money back from the credit card company. The only downside to this is if your claim ratio is close to what you spend through PayPal they may close your account if this happens too often. Due to this reason let PayPal try first to get your money back before resorting to your Credit Card company
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes^^^pay pal has got my money back from a scammer POS who still isnt banned!!!! WTF MODS

Quick Reply: Scam Alert