Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love being beat by dishonest losers.
Old May 12, 2010, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DraginX
mugen777, if the guy payed you extra to have UPS package it. It should have obviously been insured whats it cost now $7-8 on a $500 item?
As much as it sucks for both parties involved you are the one who messed up.
What would have you told the guy if UPS lost the package altogether.... oh well too bad.
In this case you should either refund the guy his money or pay to have it fixed....
agreed
Old May 12, 2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by dadsgts
I love being beat by dishonest losers.
The best part is when those losers don't know much about you and think cause you are 1000 miles away that they can get away with it. Sorry but I have plans to go down to Epping later on this summer for some race events. For me the best part is my loser is right smack dab in the middle of our drive. I don't like to start **** but I hate getting ripped off even worse, he best hope my plans get cancelled...
I even tried emailing him again about just sending the clamps as I can have new flanges made up pretty quickly, and he wouldn't even reply back... I hate douche bags that do stuff like this..
I don't understand it, they wouldn't walk into a store and steal stuff, but because the other person is 400-800-1200 miles away they think they are alright to do so... I don't think so... Karma is a *****...
Old May 12, 2010, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RockmanX
dgmotors has been banned from this site for lying and sloppy work had you done your homework you would know to stay away but you life and learn

WOW!! DG Motors is banned...i remember when i first got my X i was about to head up there for a group tune...i backed out so that i could wait for my warranty to expire. What happened with those guys? Aww man im happy i waited and researched Ivey instead.
Old May 13, 2010, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

hey i didnt notice the guys in jersey..lol..i live in delaware only a short trip for me to take some pay back on his car for you!!! : )
Old May 14, 2010, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Motor-RX.....
Mike just called me. Thanks all.

-Jerry Montgomery
(336)697-7001 Office
M-F 8am-5pm EST
(336)698-5626 Cell
24/7

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...aterlines.html

Last edited by datrip; May 14, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old May 14, 2010, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by datrip
I had purchased a 42R from user "Motor-Rx" and am having trouble getting a hold of him. I sent payment, as well as a pre-paid shipping label and now he is not answering the phone/emails that I sent. It looks like other people have had trouble with him and a lack of getting items. I show he has many users needing an update or their item when I look at his user messages. I also show that the same user ID has had issues on several other forums.

I paid $1600 and I want my item or my money back ASAP. Co is a long drive from NC where I am located. I could really use some help here.
-Jerry Montgomery
(336)697-7001 Office
M-F 8am-5pm EST
(336)698-5626 Cell
24/7

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...aterlines.html
is that your phone number dude. As you can see i got a motor from him ill call you right now

Last edited by RockmanX; May 14, 2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old May 14, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you
Old May 14, 2010, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for calling me, I will give it a few more days and keep everyone posted.
-Jerry
Old May 14, 2010, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

-Jerry
Old May 14, 2010, 12:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by datrip
-Jerry
i know he is a honest dude it appeared to me so I texted him he called me i told him to hit you up and resolve this matter for sure. Glad you got a buzz
Old May 16, 2010, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

Need some advice..

This guy I had prevoisly done business with sent me a text saying "Hey do you wanna buy my motor?" asked him how much, asked him what was done to the motor he told me it was built, and gave me the specs, we negotiated on a price, I went down to his house to hear it run before he pulls the motor, everything sounded ok, I told him that I would pick it up on the weekend. He calls me up that morning and tells me that he could not find a Engine hoist, so I get one and drive down, it took 4-5 hours and it was raining to pull the motor because he did not have the right tools finaly get it out, put it on a pallet. and take it to my friends shop, I took me some time to find the right bolts to get it on an engine stand, well its been about three weeks now and I decide to drain the oil, it was pitch black, I was like hmmmm... I decided to pull the oil pan, to look around and check out whats inside, the motor is bone stock, So I call the guy up and tell him whats going on? he tells me well its been a month why did I wait so long, I told him I didn't have the time or resources to get it on the engine stand until now, plus i never intended to pull the pan, so now what? he tells me well something doesn't sound right, I'm like your kidding me..right? he's tells me how does he know that I am not just making this up, and that he sold me a built motor, and how does he know that, that is his motor, I told him to come up to see for him self, he says no... he is not wasting his time, I told him look just pay me for the Pistons, Rods and Bearings and I will pay for the labor to have it built, he is like that dont make any scence, I told him that I am being reasonable, I am not asking for my all my money back. He is says he is not paying for anything. I told him see you in court, so monday I am driving an hour to the court near his home and filing suit.. Any advice?
Old May 16, 2010, 06:22 AM

That is going to be a tough one man, just make sure you document everything and make sure you take LOTS of pictures of it all. I hope you have a receipt stating what you bought, and a cheque stating what the payment was for.
To me it sounds like this guy doesn't know what "he" bought, he was most likely told that it was a built motor when he bought the car. Maybe try working something out with him to go after the orginal owner, he may be a bit more receptive to that. Atleast doing it that way you may convince him that the motor truely is not built like you are telling him and that way it might be a way to get him to put something on paper to go against the other guy. Then you'll have it to go after him if you need it in the end.
Old May 16, 2010, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DraginX
To me it sounds like this guy doesn't know what "he" bought, he was most likely told that it was a built motor when he bought the car.

This is likely the case if the seller has typically been up front in the past; my concern would be his unwillingness to work with you toward a resolution.
Old May 16, 2010, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by goforwand
This is likely the case if the seller has typically been up front in the past; my concern would be his unwillingness to work with you toward a resolution.
I figured this was the case also as he stated that the seller didn't have the proper tool to pull the motor so it doesn't sound like he put it in to begin with.

Quick Reply: Scam Alert