Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Scam Alert

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2011, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gerzzzzz
No need to be an a$$hole!!

It makes sense to ask my money back if you wont respond to me, since I havent got anything yet.

I told you to post it as soon as possible as I need it really quickly, you said yes you can do it, I paid 27 Feb, you sent it 2 March.

Then it got stuck along the way, I have emailed and called Australia Post.
They said there's nothing they can do, and ask me to call USPS.

I have emailed and called USPS too.
They said the latest information is the item is in NJ dispatch on March 3rd. And no further information shown.

In order to investigate it, I need you (sender) to call them and provide your data and ask them to investigate where my item is.

I asked you to contact them and havent got any respond, so I put paypal claim to make you aware that I need your 3 minutes to just call USPS and give your information as the sender for them to proceed the investigation. WHO ARE YOU? Even a president would have 3 minutes free in a day.

I just need you to be cooperative here, I paid your clutch on time, I hope to get it on time. Then it is your responsibility to call them around and ask where is the item and when will I get it.

Thanks,
Gerald.
I shipped a set of Advans to Australia last year, and for a time (almost 2 weeks) the tracking is a black hole. It will only say that it was "dispatched" but does not show any progress in the shipment; it can be frustrating but be patient it will come
Old Mar 17, 2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by ez76
The scam boils down to this -

If you are a seller using PayPal to collect payment, never ship to an address other than the confirmed address associated with the PayPal account.

The seller of "W"'s first hint of a problem should have been when vtlaxplaya16 told them to ship to an address other than the one of the buyer. Everything else is details (interesting scam, though).
yeah i agree one hundred percent.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by goforwand
I shipped a set of Advans to Australia last year, and for a time (almost 2 weeks) the tracking is a black hole. It will only say that it was "dispatched" but does not show any progress in the shipment; it can be frustrating but be patient it will come
Yeah but the guy at Australia post told me to call USPS coz they might have lost the package since it has been more than 2 weeks on the NJ dispatch. It frustrated me out, and the seller didnt respond to my PMs I only send a friendly PM for 2 days in a row and he replied me this morning like a mad cow told me not to send 1000 PMs a day, wtf this guy is on about. It makes absolute sense if I tried to contact him provided all the situation given.

1. car not driveable due to clutch (okay not his problem, but he said he can ship it on time, but 3 days initial delay)
2. got stuck (not ask him to buy USPS share and fire those lame people at the post office, just need his little time to call USPS and ask them to investigate)

a guy like this does not deserve a right to post things up for sale.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evodreamer28
Give the tracking number to paypal showing that the item has been shipped and that should take care of the problem.

i updated paypal shipping info as soon as it shipped, i always do..

Originally Posted by gerzzzzz
Yeah but the guy at Australia post told me to call USPS coz they might have lost the package since it has been more than 2 weeks on the NJ dispatch. It frustrated me out, and the seller didnt respond to my PMs I only send a friendly PM for 2 days in a row and he replied me this morning like a mad cow told me not to send 1000 PMs a day, wtf this guy is on about. It makes absolute sense if I tried to contact him provided all the situation given.

1. car not driveable due to clutch (okay not his problem, but he said he can ship it on time, but 3 days initial delay)
2. got stuck (not ask him to buy USPS share and fire those lame people at the post office, just need his little time to call USPS and ask them to investigate)

a guy like this does not deserve a right to post things up for sale.
Well if thats the case, its insured. Also, we were going over options for shipping for you for a week after you paid. Ask me to rove it, i have EVERY PM. So how can i ship when your not sure how you want me to send it for the cheapest. Which, i didnt charge you for again. I ate shipping on it, and before you go thinking i havent responded to your pms, check my last online date. If im not online being im an IBEW electrician and fireman, you cant say im not responding to you. I answered once i saw your 13 pms in two days. So sometimes i wont get on for a few days..

Point in case, dont expect an item shipped across around the world to be in there in 3 days. If you want to save money and get it in three days, its not gonna happen.. Either expect a wait from around the world, or buy new from a local dealer. Sorry man, thats what it comes down to.

Ill be sure to tell you one thing, DO NOT BUY from accolade if your that anxious, i waited 3 months for my front bumper only to sell it.

Last edited by EvolutionVIIIrs; Mar 17, 2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 04:04 AM

Will somebody help me with ????

================================================== ======

BE AWARE OF 2006blkevo9 Ben Duppel.

Paid

Feb 16, 2011 230$ for EVO IX ignition coils, injectors+fuel rail assy+evo cams.
After 12 days Were received only rusty cams.

Feb 26, 2011 800$ for EVO IX Se Red stiched front Recaro
NOTHING STILL , TRACKING Isn't working.

Feb 28, 2011 225$ for Megan Manifold + TITEK O2 housing.
NOTHING STILL , TRACKING inserted in PAYPAL, received only coinls from First shipping...

For last few days no answers for PM.

Also found other customes with negative experience.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...s-parts-2.html

If someone has his contact please let me know... Please help to resolve...

His paypal adress:

Ben Duppel
17 Concord Drive
Williamstown, NJ 08094
United States

================================================== =====
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Miroshnikov
Will somebody help me with ????

================================================== ======

BE AWARE OF 2006blkevo9 Ben Duppel.

Paid

Feb 16, 2011 230$ for EVO IX ignition coils, injectors+fuel rail assy+evo cams.
After 12 days Were received only rusty cams.

Feb 26, 2011 800$ for EVO IX Se Red stiched front Recaro
NOTHING STILL , TRACKING Isn't working.

Feb 28, 2011 225$ for Megan Manifold + TITEK O2 housing.
NOTHING STILL , TRACKING inserted in PAYPAL, received only coinls from First shipping...

For last few days no answers for PM.

Also found other customes with negative experience.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...s-parts-2.html

If someone has his contact please let me know... Please help to resolve...

His paypal adress:

Ben Duppel
17 Concord Drive
Williamstown, NJ 08094
United States

================================================== =====
I haven't gotten my stuff either, I ordered my stuff about a month ago and nothing. Never received my tracking number that I requested.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 01:10 AM

PAYPAL returned me 2 payments. Waiting for 3rd.

So dont waste Your time. go to PAYPAL
Old Mar 24, 2011, 02:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Miroshnikov
PAYPAL returned me 2 payments. Waiting for 3rd.

So dont waste Your time. go to PAYPAL
He insisted that I send the payment as a gift to avoid the paypal fees, so I did, thinking if was alright since he had a decent feedback score.

I guess I'm screwed.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 06:51 AM

EvolutionVIIIrs

i updated paypal shipping info as soon as it shipped, i always do..
I too am waiting for a part from this guy (EvolutionVIIIrs)....15 days now......beware !
Old Mar 25, 2011, 03:38 PM
SUSPECTED SCAMMER

My Opinion About Some of the ABUSIVE Moderators on HERE.

**** Them, There all NERDS. They all (most) take advantage of there privileges and should have their rights removed. Im a suspected scammer, really how's this?

I recently shipped a turbo to a member on here sent him pictures and everything and when he get it across the country he states the compressor wheel is damaged? No im sorry the damaged was caused by you not me. You saw the turbo in the state it was in when i shipped it. 100% perfect working order, i even sent him pictures of it installed on my car.

Anyways im unhappy with this site and the way they handle things, threatening me your going to give my information out? Then denying it when its clearly in writing? oh but you deleted the post... sorry to say i saved everything.

On a side not, EVOM is a rip off charging ridiculous vendor fees to vendors trying to make a living which they cant because the market is so messed up. Evom is the people scamming haha.

I hope i get banned for this cause as of right now the only thing i can do is PM users im blocked from everything else.

Clearly States I Can Post My Opinion In Here.

Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.
(stated in the description in this section)
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:19 PM

Adorable even.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:22 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Hey, I am very glad you started this thread so we can share your information to prevent you from ripping other people off!

FWIW, this user was caught in multiple lies, including using another's paypal account and shipped this turbo and said it was in good shape to a site member for good turbo price:

His email address is : ch1215g@gmail.com
The paypal address he used: mterrone@optonline.net
Name on paypal account: Mary Terrone

His name is Chris and states he lives on XXXX (number withheld) Fairfield Avenue Kenilworth NJ, 07033

Next, he told lie, after lie, after lie in PM. "I didn't ship it that way!", "Someone must've swapped it in shipping", then "that paypal account is closed", then "I am only willing to give a partial refund", "I already sold ALL my parts, so thanks anyway."

Well guess what? I verified the account was still open, and had another site member contact me to thank me because he was about to give money to ch1215g.

You're drowning in your lies, and you are now marked a scammer on this site.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:31 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ch1215g
Bro you dont even drive an evo, stop talking your a troll, your a wanna be you have no life whatsoever. Get a f u ckinngg live kid. You threaten me through posts and PMs and you delete them after really? How are you... 12? Get off my thread
Threatening people in posts an deleting them is how i got my job.
They like a no nonsense attitude.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
U say u have a problem with having your personal info made public yet you posted up your cellphone number in a thread a while back?!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ch1215g
**** Them, There all NERDS. They all (most) take advantage of there privileges and should have their rights removed. Im a suspected scammer, really how's this?

I recently shipped a turbo to a member on here sent him pictures and everything and when he get it across the country he states the compressor wheel is damaged? No im sorry the damaged was caused by you not me. You saw the turbo in the state it was in when i shipped it. 100% perfect working order, i even sent him pictures of it installed on my car.

Anyways im unhappy with this site and the way they handle things, threatening me your going to give my information out? Then denying it when its clearly in writing? oh but you deleted the post... sorry to say i saved everything.

On a side not, EVOM is a rip off charging ridiculous vendor fees to vendors trying to make a living which they cant because the market is so messed up. Evom is the people scamming haha.

I hope i get banned for this cause as of right now the only thing i can do is PM users im blocked from everything else.

Clearly States I Can Post My Opinion In Here.

Site Feedback and Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.
(stated in the description in this section)

glad im not the only one who thinks its bull**** im dealing with the SAME EXACT PROBLEM... and now im being banned because UPS doesnt want to pay the "insurance" money that came out of MY POCKET for the turbo... for 3 months ive fought UPS and have the BBB involved, but that doesnt matter to any of the moderators on this site... and i get bashed because i dont reply to PM's??? hmm maybe its because IM NOT HOME!!! im TDY with the military and i get 4 pms from a moderator about how im being banned because i havent replied to any pms...

been on this site for years and never had a problem and have sold other items with no problem and have an excellent ebay score, so im legit, and im talked down on making it look like im a scammer making a quick buck... im not paying the buyer AGAIN out of my pocket for the replacement parts! im not a business, UPS can pay for it, thats why they have "INSURANCE"...

i have all my photos of the turbo, receipts, documents, phone call history, etc...

i also didnt box the turbo, UPS did, i brought it to a customer service center and had them package it... and they tried to pull the "insufficient packaging" bull**** on me because they dont want to pay the insurance money they owe!

the buyer also CONSTANTLY threatened/harassed me (which i believe is an offense last time i checked, whether it be internet,phone,etc) to the point where i had to get my cell phone provider to block his number, since i received 100txts a day/night, even at 3am! like wtf?

ive done ALL that i can and now am pursuing a law suit for this person, but that doesnt seem to matter... if i get banned because of this idc anymore, its just a forum... and id rather not be on it than have moderators talk **** to me through PMs and try to talk to me as "childish theif"

Last edited by white_evo27; Mar 25, 2011 at 05:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Scam Alert