Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

Avoid dealing with WW_evo aka Nick Garrido aka nick_chilean@yahoo.com

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2012, 10:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silhouette

Do not deal with WW_evo aka Nick Garrido aka nick_chilean@yahoo.com

Synopsis:
I put up a WTB recently for a passenger side Evo X headlight and a member contacted me last week. We went back and forth for about a day talking about the headlight, when we finally agreed to terms and I sent payment on Tuesday, May 1st, 2012.

He would reply almost immediately to every question/concern I had, but once money was sent he would almost never reply.

He has confirmed payment that day and has my shipping address. He has not shipped yet, saying he wanted to wait until payment cleared and was in his bank account. Since then I have asked him if he has shipped yet and he has not replied to either email nor text, and has not answered phone calls. It has been about 6 days since I sent money.

This morning he finally replied claiming he would try to ship today. I haven't received anything throughout the day regarding shipment confirmation or anything. I messaged again a little while ago after the workday asking if it had shipped and have not received a reply.

Filed a PayPal dispute and escalated to claim today. Not sure what else to do. The member seemed pleasant and responsible enough to deal with up until I had sent the money. Would still like the part if it is as initially described, but not at the extra cost of this effort.

Last message received:
Tuesday May 8, 2012: "I'm shipping for sure tomorrow, I will send you the tracking."
Haven't heard from him all day today (May 9, 2012). Contacted him a couple times throughout the day with no reply.

Timeline and some highlights:
Original communication date: May 1st, 2012
A good number of PMs and emails sent back and forth.

Paid by me via Paypal date: May 1st, 2012

Some pertinent highlights from text messages, after I paid on May 1st):
May 3rd (again, two days after payment had been made):
Me: Hey, it's me buying the headlight. Has it been shipped? Hope all is well. 8:02 PM
+14027147692: I haven't shipped yet, I'm waiting for the payment to clear pay pal and appear in my bank account. Should show up tomorrow 9:35 PM
May 5th:
Me: Hi, have you shipped the headlight? 5:09 PM
Me: Hi, are you planning on shipping soon? 11:43 AM
+14027147692: Yes, gonna try and shop today. 11:44 AM
+14027147692: Ship* 11:44 AM
Me: Ok please let me know 11:49 AM
+14027147692: I will 11:49 AM
Me: Hi, it's the end of the day. Did you ship? 7:07 PM
May 7th:
+14027147692: I'm shipping for sure tomorrow, I will send you the tracking. 8:12 PM
Update May 16th:
Received a message after not hearing from him for 8 days:

May 16th
+14027147692: I'll be shipping it out next Tuesday when I get paid. I don't get why you would even start a thread on a forum, kinda childish 2:43 PM
+14027147692: Or do you just want the money back? You paid 330 for an oem sss hid headlights. They're worth a lot more 2:55 PM
Me: An agreement was made, I made good on my part. You hid for unknown reasons. Men are of their word, children are not. So it all seems appropriate. 2:58 PM
...and it's still not shipped yet...

Last edited by Nsomniac; May 18, 2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old May 9, 2012, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I would just be patient. Its barely been a week. Some people are just really busy. It took me about 3 weeks or so to get a tracking number for my intake. that's the thing about buying from members. It's not like a shop where it is there job to send parts out promptly. I say just be patient and he will probably get back with you.
Old May 9, 2012, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thats bs....people have plenty of time to sit on evoM and message back and forth but them are "too busy to send it out". It should be sent out immediately after payment is received. Before work, lunch break, after work, have a friend/family member send it out.
Old May 9, 2012, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ugakirk
I would just be patient. Its barely been a week. Some people are just really busy. It took me about 3 weeks or so to get a tracking number for my intake. that's the thing about buying from members. It's not like a shop where it is there job to send parts out promptly. I say just be patient and he will probably get back with you.
Totally disagree. If you put effort into posting and selling items. Immediate effort must be put into shipping and communication.
Old May 9, 2012, 06:57 AM

Somewhat OT but I was considering making a thread about this...

I posted a WTB and I received probably 10 PM from people with zero posts and zero trader feedback... Need to keep an eye out
Old May 9, 2012, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtoys
Somewhat OT but I was considering making a thread about this...

I posted a WTB and I received probably 10 PM from people with zero posts and zero trader feedback... Need to keep an eye out
EvoM should run background checks on people before they join lol Wishful thinking
Old May 9, 2012, 04:56 PM

Since the beginning of commerce, the usual steps for buying and selling are:

1.) Buyer and seller come to terms on the item being purchased or traded
2.) Buyer gives payment or equivalent to seller
3.) Seller gives item to buyer

This, along with terms, are usually assumed to be instant unless otherwise stated.

I would not have minded waiting a little bit if the seller, in this case, Nick Garrido, had told me he had something come up, was not able to do so for a legitimate reason.

This was not the case and was assumed to be a reasonable and speedy transaction before payment.

Then I said fine when he wanted to wait for the money to clear to his account.

Then I said ok when he said on consecutive days he would try to ship and then said he would ship the next day.

As far as I see, I haven't heard from him for two days now. And I don't have the shipping information. And I don't have my part. And he has my money. It's really unacceptable and unprofessional.

As of this moment, I have not heard from him despite trying to make contact again today.

Last edited by Silhouette; May 9, 2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old May 9, 2012, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

I am in the military working very long days 5 days a week along with night school and still when I have something to sell it almost always ships next day once payment is confirmed in paypal. There is no excuse for poor communication and crappy transactions. If your willing to put something up for sale you better have a box ready to go and have available time to send out the product within 24 hours. If you cant physically do it have a friend do it for you. Pretty sure almost anyone has someone they can trust to do it for them
Old May 9, 2012, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

HORSE SH*T
Old May 10, 2012, 12:42 AM
Evolving Member

Excuses , excuses.
Old May 10, 2012, 09:29 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Seller has been PM'd.
Old May 10, 2012, 07:28 PM
06h

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nsomniac
Seller has been PM'd.
lol your avatar freaks me out man
Old May 11, 2012, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Mr Bean as an avatar for his avatar lol
Old May 16, 2012, 09:41 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
pm'd again
Old May 16, 2012, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

an avatar on mdma..

Quick Reply: Avoid dealing with WW_evo aka Nick Garrido aka nick_chilean@yahoo.com