Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

blkmkIII agreed to sell then backed out, including thru ebay, w/ deposit made, $15K

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blkmkIII agreed to sell then backed out, including thru ebay, w/ deposit made, $15K

blkmkIII agreed to sell then backed out, including through an ebay listing, and I even made a deposit. It's a big purchase, not something you play around with.

Here's the for sale thread:

I just found out he has a second thread:

Here's the ebay listing:

Do not do business with this guy. He has several aliases/usernames, including:

The item is a 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine Blue with 11650 miles.

Someone asked if he may have made a simple mistake, here's the list of cars he's sold on ebay that are still listed: Honda S2000, Porsche, Volkswagen Jetta
here's the list of cars he's sold by just googling: '03 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO, '06 Mitsubishi Lancer EVO, '06 BMW Z4, Mazda Miata, '98 Acura Integra, '13 Scion FR-S, '04 M3, '00 S2000, Volkswagen Jetta, '03 Golf GTI, '97 Civic, '92 Acura Integra, Porsche
He's a dealer, as it states on ebay, and he knew what he was doing on ebay. No excuse for listing it the way he did.

Someone mentioned that ebay was non-binding. Per ebay, it's a non-binding agreement in the sense that there are state to state requirements, such as emissions laws. The example they give is that if a CA buyer wins a car in Maryland, and the car isn't compliant with CA emissions laws, then the deal falls through and the buyer nor seller can force it since it's out of their hands, it's in the hands of the state laws. In other words, it's binding, unless there is a law issue that keeps the sale from going through. In other words, read the fine print, please, not the cliff notes. Ebay is binding.

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Sep 15, 2021 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Edited per Request
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:42 PM

If someone could post on his for sale thread, stating it's sold, I'd appreciate it. I only have a few posts and it doesn't allow me to yet. I've mostly just lurked here for years, and owned a 4G63 Eclipse in the past. Not new, just never got around to registering.

Again, his for sale thread is here:

Please post that it sold, per this thread.

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Sep 15, 2021 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Edited per request
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:50 PM

He also has a forsale thread on www.nasioc.com, which they are currently aware of what's going on and are confronting him on it. They seemed to have banned him for a bit, then they allowed him back on to explain himself. Banning isn't going to stop this so called dealer.

Thread for that is here:

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Sep 15, 2021 at 07:25 AM.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 02:07 PM

I forgot to mention that he posted his phone number on ebay as

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Sep 15, 2021 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Edited
Old Jan 8, 2014, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
well it seems that thread got closed.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 05:13 PM

It just got closed because of this thread. Thanks moderators. It's essentially sold, he just needs to follow through. No use for a thread if it's sold, right.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 06:07 PM

It seems very quite here. Anyone wondering what has transpired so far? Well, he's not playing ball that's for sure.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 06:12 PM

I just found out he has a second thread:

I just posted that it's sold to me, per ebay and this thread.

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Sep 15, 2021 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Edited
Old Jan 8, 2014, 08:45 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Not to say that I agree with the seller backing out on the deal, but I think you may be wrong about the binding eBay agreement. It may be against their site rules, but that does not make it a legal contract - in other words, nonbinding.

While eBay can't guarantee the completion of the sale or require members to complete a sale when a listing isn't binding, our rules require sellers and buyers to follow through with the sale in good faith.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...nding-bid.html

Last edited by Nsomniac; Jan 8, 2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:14 PM

Thanks supermod Nsomniac. I appreciate your input.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Your deposit was returned imeaditly. You need to relax yourself. You and i both had a civilized conversation the other day... Oh well except for the fact that you asked me for $ because I backed out. And then told me how you stiffed a dealer out of $13,000 because you wined like a child.

I am not a dealer. As stated to you over the phone that was a mistake. The title is here clean and in my name. K thx bye
Old Jan 9, 2014, 06:39 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
I do believe it to be a mistake with reserve, etc.
I don't think anyone would purposely try to sell a car for thousands under value.

Since OP's registration date is post auction and the transaction didn't occur through Evom, there's really no reason for this to continue to stay open.

I'll keep it in the section, but inactive. Thanks.