Notices
Member Unresolved Disputes Discuss incomplete sales including undelivered parts or payment for member to member sales.

No contact with Evoscan after purchase.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No contact with Evoscan after purchase.

If anyone knows how to reach Evoscan, it would be greatly appreciated. I am owed a download link for MMCFlash, and it has been 5 days since I submitted my initial ticket requesting the link. He has been active here, and has not returned any of my PMs either. The developer of MMCFlash has no record of my payment either, so he cannot issue me the link until he hears from Evoscan.

I am beyond frustrated, as I am sure Hamish is with my incessant badgering...uh, I guess it would actually be 'requests for my download link'.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 08:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Did you check your spam/junk folder? I'm pretty sure their system is automated.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:37 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I typed my email address wrong when I bought evoscan and it sent it somewhere. And my support ticket automation went somewhere else too

Then I fixed my email address and lo and behold.

but yeah, if you don't get an automated response, you probably aren't going to ever get one

Last edited by ikt; Apr 17, 2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 03:11 AM
Evolving Member

I had to send emails to his other businesses in order to get a response, and it was not satisfactory. If I do not have my link by the end of the weekend, I will be doing a chargeback on my credit card. He has had more than enough time to provide me the link, and has willingly ignored his own ticket system even though it says that ALL tickets will be replied to within 24 hours. The process to receive MMCFlash is terrible, and there are no instructions as to how to go about proceeding, so it would be nice to get official response through the ticket system explaining what's happening next. I don't believe he cares though, since his other businesses are far more profitable.

I am very unhappy, and will be sharing my experience to anyone who will/won't listen.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Link finally received.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a connection issue with my 1.3u cable and there has been no response from evoscan
Old Apr 21, 2014, 10:32 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

yeah....

Last edited by ikt; Apr 21, 2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 04:48 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Same boat now.

Paid hundreds, can't get help by email, can't find out if shipped, no response to trouble ticket, website is a non functional joke.

Their Facebook is abandoned, the website is a mess, feels like I'm funding someone's hobby that doesn't care. Guess I'll file a PayPal claim until someone at Evoscan feels like actually engaging in even a token attempt at customer service.

I can see that evoscan has logged in as recent as today. So it's not a case of absence, just a case of "doesn't care".

I should have never dealt with a company who purposely hides their contact info. I didn't know how shady they were until now. Did a little research and sounds like there's a ton of us with the same problem.

Last edited by ikt; Apr 22, 2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 08:25 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Update!

So I file a paypal claim after all contact attempts are ignored.

What was supposed to happen:
Item ship April 15th, ordered a month ago

What really happened:
They don't even have any droid tabs at all. None. Zilch. Zero. Something about batteries. Of course they can't bother to tell customers who paid already, or update the website, you have to file a Paypal claim to find out.

Maybe this is why they are also banned from Kickstarter eh?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

I filed a paypal claim and instantly they emailed me telling me there's an issue with payment.

No. there's an issue with your customer service.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 04:46 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoforstevo
I filed a paypal claim and instantly they emailed me telling me there's an issue with payment.

No. there's an issue with your customer service.
he's a little scammer, I'll post what I got from paypal. Sounds like those who actually got something got some busted POS that doesn't even work. He's in debt to some other members too for parts fronted to him.

Here's the load that I got, after he ignored my tickets, all contact, email anything and everything. He just took my money and that was is it. Didn't update me, respond, just took my money.

So after no reply, no shipping, no update, and a bunch of lies, I get this:

"Hi, we are just waiting on a new batch to arrive, sorry for the delay, it is delayed due to lithium batteries, we are happy to provide a refund, we are oversubscribed on EvoDroids at the moment.

Cheers,

Hamish.

Lovely huh? Couldn't even be bothered to tell anyone or respond.

Oh, and "happy to provide a refund" only means "going to lose this paypal case". They didn't want to give a refund, wouldn't do anything at all.

Like I said, he's burned a bunch of us, is banned from Kickstarter, and owes people money for parts he hasn't paid for. I think the bell is tolling for this guy.
Old May 5, 2014, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

omg, i was thinking about ditch the cobb and buy the evoscan as everyone recommanded. this thread made me stay with cobb again.
Old May 5, 2014, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

he emailed me very sarcastically saying he's sold a gazillion copies without issue. and that the issue was with my computer, not his perfect software.

Nothing I didn't know, I was just upset about the lack of contact after said purchase.
Old May 5, 2014, 10:39 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoforstevo
he emailed me very sarcastically saying he's sold a gazillion copies without issue. and that the issue was with my computer, not his perfect software.

Nothing I didn't know, I was just upset about the lack of contact after said purchase.
ouch

the EvoDroids that have been delivered don't even work
Old May 5, 2014, 10:39 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alsong2002
omg, i was thinking about ditch the cobb and buy the evoscan as everyone recommanded. this thread made me stay with cobb again.

It's fair to say that Cobb wins the support award hands down, no contest. Problem with Cobb? Call Cobb, they answer the phone!

Quick Reply: No contact with Evoscan after purchase.