Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Mach V Open House This Saturday, 10/23/04!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2004 | 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mach V Open House This Saturday, 10/23/04!

As with previous Mach V meets, this one is BYOF (Bring Yer Own Food). We'll provide the barbecue grill and probably some drinks, but we've learned from the past that if we try to provide the food, we either end up with WAY too much, or we run out.

The solution is that everyone brings their own. That way, there's usually plenty, and there's a good variety. I would encourage you to bring stuff you can share and trade. Past hits: Kabobs, cheddar-wurst, bread pudding, 7-layer bean dip, and lots more. :banana:

In the past, we've had a thread where people can collaborate so you don't have forty people bringing hot dogs, and nobody bringing buns...

This is that thread. I haven't seen a huge amount of traffic on this particular forum, so you might want to check out this one on NASIOC just in case...

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Oct 18, 2004 | 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Or you can also check what people are bringing from dcevoclub.com from the following link:

http://forums.dcevoclub.com/showthre...?threadid=1865
Old Oct 18, 2004 | 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

man, i don't think the meet is gonna be very succesful this year. one response? i know all of the hampton roads subie crew is just staying down here and having a "meet".
Old Oct 19, 2004 | 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vtecTHIS
man, i don't think the meet is gonna be very succesful this year. one response? i know all of the hampton roads subie crew is just staying down here and having a "meet".
Yeah, nobody every comes to our events.

Just because this forum is in the backwater of EvoM doesn't mean nobody is coming. (This thread has only 29 views. As I write this there are...two people browsing this forum...including me.) We should have a good turnout, as usual.

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Oct 19, 2004 | 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

i said this year doesn't look as big to me sittin here in hampton roads. i'm sure it's a dif story up there. i'm actually in the above pic. that meet was HUGE, and good time. i was not disapointed i drove almost 4 hours for that. so chill out man, it's all good. good luck with the meet, i'm sure it'll be great just like past meets.
Old Oct 20, 2004 | 03:29 PM

I went to the Subie event last February and had a blast. Professional people, good food, lots of nice cars. I'm clearing my day so my boy and I with an STi can show...
Old Oct 21, 2004 | 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Due to construction on the 28/606 interchange near the shop, it's very confusing how to get to us off 28. The interchange will eventually be a full cloverleaf, but the north loops of it aren't done. That means you have to get off as if you were going EAST (right) on 606 (Old Ox Road). It doesn't help that the signs are completely lame.

Here's my professionally drawn map:

--Dan
Mach V
MachEVO.com
Old Oct 27, 2004 | 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

Here is a link to some pics from the meet...

http://forums.dcevoclub.com/showthread.php?t=1875

Thanks Mach V and Ultimate guys for hosting the meet and of course DCEVOCLUB guys for showing up

Had lots of fun!