Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

MD State Trooper in unmarked GTO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2004, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ex-honda
That's nothing. Cops in the central states are more devious. I saw this in REALTV. They would post like homeless people with signs but they are actually sitting there with radar guns aiming it at people speeding and radio another cop up ahead and gives descriptions of the vehicle speeding. Another one would post like a electrical/telephone contractor on a high crane with view of everone under him and does the same thing with a radar gun and informing another cop ahead. Funny though the guy with the sign even wrote on a piece of cardboard that he is a cop and tells them to slow down but who would believe it anyway until it's too late.
DAMN!! i knew NYC used fake cabs for years to catch dangerous drivers

i guess they are becoming more resourceful.. i just always thought it was an american-built only type thing. I know they'll occasionally used seized cars as unmarkeds
Old Oct 21, 2004, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOL 8
Really?

Actually this WRX was made as a promotion to stop illegal street racing up in Colorado. It's not an official police car. If you look at the license plate, it is a regular plate. Usually if its a police vehicle, it would say something like "exempt" on it. It is driven by a police cadet in training who really can't give tickets but calls it in for backup. (think that's how it goes).
Old Oct 21, 2004, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

u gotta admit - that is a sick trooper car....lol to bad he aint catchin me!
Old Oct 21, 2004, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOL 8
Really?

as far as the STi, I believe that is just a publicity stunt and that the car is actually privately owned. i think its even been posted here before. And as far as the alpha is concerned... look closely... its right drive, and probably not american. i know there are exceptions and i know private police cars can be anything. I just dont think that municipalities are buying foreign cars to use as patrols
Old Oct 21, 2004, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

damn, you guys post too fast for me
Old Oct 21, 2004, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

how can u tell? (right hand drive?)
Old Oct 21, 2004, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NYREDEVO
how can u tell? (right hand drive?)
Not the WRX but the Lancia.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

oh oh - ok
Old Oct 21, 2004, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by avengerhed
i'm gonna call BS on that, and any other foreign car as a cop-mobile. Unless they are seized and used for patrols (RARE) or they are a detective's private car. State and municipal police depts only buy american police cars...bikes are the only grey area but i know they still try to get harleys.

Call it whatever you want. Cyan color camry with lights inside pulling a red minivan. My friend was with me we even did a U turn to go back and see it. I could not believe my eyes. I dont have to prove any point to you as I dont care. Just keep the BS to yourself.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NYREDEVO
u gotta admit - that is a sick trooper car....lol to bad he aint catchin me!

Your NEVER gonna out run Motorola!

People need to resize pictures.....
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Cops are doing whatever they can to pull people over. My friend (owns a restaurant) was pulled over by a mad cop last night at 5 AM. He gave him illegal exhaust on a stock STI exhaust. My friend was so mad that he told the cop that he will never give them free food anymore (which always did for free) and the cop started arguing with my friend saying that he is doing his job. What job is he doing by pulling him over for a stock exhaust?
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
Call it whatever you want. Cyan color camry with lights inside pulling a red minivan. My friend was with me we even did a U turn to go back and see it. I could not believe my eyes. I dont have to prove any point to you as I dont care. Just keep the BS to yourself.
ohh didnt mean to flame... i meant BS like the camry owner put some stobes in his/her car and try to pull people over but hey, if you saw PO then you saw PO

people up here put police strobes in everything (Maximas, buicks, neons) and "pull people over"
Old Oct 21, 2004, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
ohh didnt mean to flame... i meant BS like the camry owner put some stobes in his/her car and try to pull people over but hey, if you saw PO then you saw PO

people up here put police strobes in everything (Maximas, buicks, neons) and "pull people over"

They pull people over and they have lights inside too? dam its getting bad.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
They pull people over and they have lights inside too? dam its getting bad.
Isn't that impersonating a police officer? Very bad! Felony bad.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

You know ... racing to a scene in an 'unmarked car with lights' to help somebody is one thing (I actually think it very nice when detectives use their lights to be the 'first' cop to help somebody) ... but pulling people over for traffic 'infractions' in an unmarked car is a totally different issue. Cops do more good in MARKED patrol cars offering the public an 'example' rather than sitting in the bushes, making up numbers, or half-a ideas to pull people over.

For that matter ... why can't 'I' pull over a cop for making 'Illegal lane changes, crossing double yellows, etc...?

Rant Over,

jcnel.

Quick Reply: MD State Trooper in unmarked GTO