Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Richmond, VA Local Help please

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2005, 01:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Richmond, VA Local Help please

Hey guys

I am currently looking at studing in your wonderful country latter this year. I
just have a few questions?

Do any of you guys go to University of Richmond? If so could you tell me abit about it. or if any one could tell me about anything about the city of Richmond that would be great. Whats it like etc..

Or if anyone could give me there impressions of the University of Richmond.

Thanks guys
Old Jan 16, 2005, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Well to be honest with you stay in Australia. Its boring, there is nothing to do and it sucks
Try going to New York, LA, Washington DC or atleast Northern VA...I would stay far away drom Richmond. Feel free to pm me
Old Jan 16, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

I just re-read my post...seemed rude..I did not mean stay in Australia Just anything is better then Richmond. University of Richmond is OK but again pm me if you want details
Old Jan 16, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

its better than this 757 newport news- va beach area, which there is really nothign to do. D.C. might be a better way to go to school if u wanna stay in va. Schooling wise not sure in Australia if you stay in an urban area. If so Richmond might not be as fun as you think, its ok though. School wise its a great school though so nothing is wrong there
Old Jan 16, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys for your feed back! Any more would be great

Schooling wise not sure in Australia if you stay in an urban area. If so Richmond might not be as fun as you think, its ok though.
Are you saying if i am not used to urban area there wont be much fun? And by urban do you mean city area?

thanks Buddy
Old Jan 16, 2005, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by evo8oz
Are you saying if i am not used to urban area there wont be much fun? And by urban do you mean city area?

thanks Buddy
I think the problem w/ the city of Richmond is that it's small. It is urban and the capital of Virginia, but the city itself is small w/ not a lot of stuff to do. You will have more fun in your free time if you go to New York, Chicago, or even Northern Virginia because it's next to Washington D.C.

By the way what are you planning on studying?
Old Jan 16, 2005, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys for your feed back! Any more would be great

thanks Buddy
Hey I sent you an in depth pm. Urban means a city area....rural is like the country side. Richmond has a small rural area. General rule of thumb...the larger the city the more fun you will have. About Univ of Ill if its in or near Chicago I would definetly choose that over Richmond. But like fareastkorean stated Northen Virginia is a great area with more life, money, culture, diversity, cars and most important females
Old Jan 16, 2005, 09:13 PM
Evolving Member

Im am studying Business in the field of Management. Im in my 3rd year ATM. I go to Curtin University in Perth. Perth is a city with a population of over 1 million and the University campus size is 30,000 students.

In our State i am 1 of only 6 people to have and EVO VIII so which make it very rare. i am just about to put on Buddy Club Coilovers this thursday.

So richmond is not northern VA.
Old Jan 16, 2005, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Im am studying Business in the field of Management. Im in my 3rd year ATM. I go to Curtin University in Perth. Perth is a city with a population of over 1 million and the University campus size is 30,000 students.

In our State i am 1 of only 6 people to have and EVO VIII so which make it very rare. i am just about to put on Buddy Club Coilovers this thursday.

So richmond is not northern VA.
Richmond is Central Va....its like 1.5 hours away from Northern VA. Yeah I think population of Richmond is like 750,000

Last edited by chapter8; Jan 16, 2005 at 10:04 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 04:41 AM
Evolving Member

I recommend University of Virginia in Charlottesville. VA. Good University and the town was voted best town in the whole damn country buy I think USA Today.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrdci
I recommend University of Virginia in Charlottesville. VA. Good University and the town was voted best town in the whole damn country buy I think USA Today.
yeah UVA is a sweet school and its a great town.....by far one of the best University experiences you will have in the country
Old Jan 17, 2005, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Thats sounds great. But the only problem is my school doesnt do any exchange with them.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

University of Richmond is a good school. If you have the opportunity to study abroad anywhere, you should take it. Richmond isn't that bad at all, and the people at the University will be cool. For the most part the people that attend U of R come from affluent backgrounds. If you are looking to get into business, especially international business, you have a good chance at making some contacts that will benefit you in the future. From Richmond you can take a train to Washington D.C. or New York City, so you can definitely check out some American big cities. I would do it, if I were you. In the winter, you can go to the mountains and snowboard or ski. That may be something different for you? These guys saying Richmond is lousy are just giving you an opinion from their perspective of living here for a while. Everything becomes old after you have been doing it for a while. I'm sure your experiences in Richmond will be good ones. It won't be boring for sure. Let me know if you make it over here, and I'll show you around as best I can. D.C. isn't very far to drive and I go up there all the time.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Thats sounds great. But the only problem is my school doesnt do any exchange with them.
Out of curiosity, which other schools are available for exchange? Richmond's small, but it's a pretty good area. There area some nice race tracks around there, as well as a great amusement park (Kings Dominion). The beach isn't too far away, and there's a ton of great Virginia and American history sites very near to Richmond. Plus DC (and the DC Evo Club ) is only about 1.5 hours away, which makes a nice weekend trip. I can't speak for the quality of the University, all I know is their teams are called the Spiders . I agree with the above thought that any study abroad is a wonderful opportunity... and you don't even have to learn another language! Good luck with whatever you decide!

Edit: If you end up coming here, make sure you post it. It would be cool to plan a DC Evo meet that you could attend. I'd love to hear about/ see pictures of Australia.

Last edited by SterlingEvo; Jan 17, 2005 at 11:42 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have lived in many states, but nothing comes close to CALI... in the end its your choice and age does matter the most in this case. However, I won’t go to Richmond because no one really likes it out there beside you will be disappointed. In the end you are coming here to study so where you live does not matter but if you want to have fun and enjoy the best 4 years of your life then go to LA, Washington DC, Miami, and the bay area. I have driven through America 6 times and all I found was cows, horses and flat land

oh I like Colorado

Quick Reply: Richmond, VA Local Help please