Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Delaware DMV *sigh....

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2005, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delaware DMV *sigh....

So today I take my car in to get her tax+title+licence, bought her used a few weeks ago but had to wait on the title. Since its just an 03 I had to run her through the quick inspection lane which is just a VIN check and Bobby I hate Imports is in the lane. As soon as I pull in I hear "well those aftermarket headlights are gonna have to go...." and that "lettering on the back passenger windows has to be removed it could prevent your viewing... " and lastly "well your boost guage oh man that is very illegal you could get pulled over at any time and that's a huge fine" and this was the shocker, "thats a fast jap car you got there you beat my friend really bad last week" Not a hi how are you doing, how can I help you. At this point I was like sweet he's gonna talk about cars with me...nope he went on to say it was all luck. *sigh

Basically I could of throat punched this guy on the spot but I sucked up my cool without getting to rude, however I did make a few comments on where his mullet went. This whole thing started when my friend tried to take his turbo'd honda through and all the guys where complete dicks. Come to find out the same guy I dealt with has a fully mod'd stang with 5% tint on the windows and some how his car passes everytime but I have a sticker on my back left pax window that says dynoflash????? And because my car is nice enough to come with HID's they must be aftermarket totally illegal headlights. I got the guys name and am writing a letter of compaint but I need some help on some research please.

Does anyone have a link to the DE laws that outlines what is legal when it comes to inspections and what is illegal to have on your car? Bottom line he could do nothing to me just run his mouth and I got my car licened to 2008, however I would like to make this guy life a little harder and make him sweat a bit so if anyone has any ideas all are welcome

Thanks for reading my rant...

Staton
Old Jan 19, 2005, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sure that Del. dmv has a website that you can look over but it will be more trouble then it's worth. You got what you needed out of him, I would just let it go.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 09:20 PM

which DMV are you going to? some are more leniant than others. i've always had good luck at the new one.
Old Jan 19, 2005, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

The Dmv sucks!
Old Jan 21, 2005, 05:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Maryland DMV can be just as bad.
Old Jan 21, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

I wish you luck with your car man. Sounds like the guy doing the inspection is a total retard.

Fox