Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Had an accident- reccomend a shop?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had an accident- reccomend a shop?

Hey,

So I slammed into a curb sideways doing 49 mph over spring break (hopped the median). I bent two rims and did some damage to the front bumper on the right side (ripped off part of the lip and the black plastic undertray). The right rear wheel is tilted at about a 30 degree angle in toward the car at the bottom of the wheel (kind of like it's hanging), so I guess I did some damage to the suspension too.

Can anyone reccomend a good shop near Bel Air, Maryland to fix the damage? I'm not too worried about the bumper (damage was minimal) and I'm ordering some Privat Sekt 18x8 rims but I'm real worried about the damage to the suspension. The ****ty part is I'm in Colorado until June so I can't even be home to deal with it myself I could use the name of a good alignment/mounting/balancing place too. I'm a student, and very poor
Old Mar 31, 2005, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Scudari Auto Body
Rockville, MD
(301) 258-9529

They do, hands down the BEST work i have ever seen. EVER....... Tell them the guys from AMS sent ya and they'll cut you a break. Sorry to hear about your accident, but these guys will get the car back into the right order, for the right price.

Good luck bro,
Taylor
Old Mar 31, 2005, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks bro. I don't know if I can get it out there though...it'obviously not drivable and I think a tow truck would be too expensive to bring it that far. Is there any chance I could fix it myself? Maybe with some help from someone? I really need to find out what is wrong with it though. Damnit. The timing could not have been worse.
Old Mar 31, 2005, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

AAA will tow it....... i wouldnt reccomend doing it yourself, suspension stuff like those controll arms are very important.
best of luck,
Taylor
Old Mar 31, 2005, 03:49 PM
Evolving Member

I've got a AAA card and we called them to tow it back to my house from the place out in bum**** the cops had it towed to. AAA would do it but they wanted like $40 and then like another $3 every mile or something. That can start to add up. I think I will try and get some pix up this week end...maybe someone can tell me what broke and then I'll go from there I guess. Thanks for your help bro.
Old Apr 1, 2005, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

No problem dude.... post some pix. If its an easy fix, you might be able to do it yourslef, but suspension stuff is tricky.

Taylor
Old Apr 2, 2005, 09:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jong, try Unique Auto Body. They are fairly close to the state police barricks near Fallston/Bel Air. They did a great job on my Lancer after its little accident.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Stoked I'll check them out for sure. There's another place called Auto Eurotek in Bel Air that people seem to like too. I'm glad I have these options...gives me some leeway on the price.

I'm working on getting those pictures...I should have them up by tomorrow or Monday hopefully. Cross your fingers for me...
Old Apr 4, 2005, 05:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not a problem. Shoot me a pm sometime so we can meet up somewhere.
Old Apr 6, 2005, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

Will do. I will hopefully have some pictures to post by tomorrow. I'll update shortly. Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2005, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

hey buddy, i work for AAA

this is what you need to do, call your local AAA office, tell them you want to upgrade the membership you have from basic to plus, it should only be like 27 dollars

then with the plus membership you get access to 100 miles of towing!!!!!! free!!!!!
Old Apr 11, 2005, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Centrylancer
hey buddy, i work for AAA

this is what you need to do, call your local AAA office, tell them you want to upgrade the membership you have from basic to plus, it should only be like 27 dollars

then with the plus membership you get access to 100 miles of towing!!!!!! free!!!!!
Thanks man I'll definitely look into that. By the way I bought a new bumper, and I'll have the rims hooked up shortly. I just need tires and to fix the suspension. A friend looked at the car for me and told me I bent the upper and lower control arms and the tie bar that goes between them. How expensive should these parts be to replace? Could I do it myself with a little help or bring it into a shop and just have them do it?
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

When my del sol got rearended, I took it to autoeurotec. They were a little high from what some people were saying but i didn't care much as my insurance had to pay for all of it. The did do a good job though. They can also bend unibodys there. I was happy with them. Service was pretty good.

So you were the yellow evo that someone said ended up on the median. Man, can't believe that.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Ya that was me. I got a lot of "comments" from people passing by I deserved it though I guess. I have a friend who knows the owner of Auto Eurotec. He said he will talk to the guy for me, so hopefully I can get a discounted price or something. They seemed a little expensive to me too. Everyone reccomends them though. I guess also need to get the tires mounted and balanced, and the car aligned. Can they do that there?
Old Apr 12, 2005, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

By the way- no insurance money for this one, so I have to price shop

Quick Reply: Had an accident- reccomend a shop?