Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Deadly Evo Accident

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2005, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
as for the firefighter...that was a horrible comment...u would leave the driver till the end. How do you know it was the drivers fault? maybe someone grabbed the wheel or maybe a deer jumped out or maybe he blacked out...until we hear from the passengers who survived we cannot shoot the driver down.

really disgusted that a firefigher has that mentality.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not another one... is this 3 fatal accidents in 2 weeks? My condolences to the families.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

8- (
Old Jul 24, 2005, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
driving over the speed limit on a wet road is reckless
Old Jul 24, 2005, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

sr20det91, please chill out a bit. I know you lost one of your closest friends, but people here are just responding to the information they were given, whether it be true or false. most of them are being sympathetic too. there's no need for you to get worked up, just be thankful that people WHO DONT EVEN KNOW THE VICTIMS are being sympathetic to them.

and with that, please send my condolences to the family and friends of the victims of this terrible accident...
Old Jul 24, 2005, 06:30 PM
Former Sponsor

I responded directly to posts that quoted hear-say, friends of friends type BS or I know a guy who........and just a plain moron with the so called fireman.

Dont tell me to chill when all Im doing is defending someones good name and trying to dispearse 1st hand info.

To those who share condolences..Thank you very much. They are indeed appreciated.

Jason
Old Jul 25, 2005, 04:27 AM
Evolved Member

Alright dude, please chill. I edited my post for correct info. The guy I was talking about was Kevin Jobe. I got him confused with his brother Eric. Also, I took out the thing about the driver's older brother. It was Mark Ryon's younger brother who was killed in a boating accident

It seems like the story you are giving is not super accurate though. Maybe I'm completely wrong but just making observations. First, it didn't rain around here Saturday night or Sunday morning. I live only a few miles from where the crash was and nothing was wet in the morning. Maybe it was dew, but that wouldn't make the road that slippery. Second, if there was someone following him, why don't they know what happened other than the speed? If a deer ran out in front of him, someone else would have seen that. Or if they spun out and crashed, the person following would know. Eyewitness accounts are usually on the news too.

I just want to get all the facts straight. I'm sorry for your friend and for my friends as well. It's so sad to see another bunch of kids from around here get hurt/die from a car crash. My girlfriend almost lost a good friend when she fell asleep a the wheel a hit a telephone pole. Maybe Jason fell asleep? Guess we won't know until Kevin or the other survivor are well enough to talk.

Anyways, please don't lash out at me. I'm just trying to let the Evo community know that they have lost one of their own and to prevent this from happening again. I only hear what I hear and I thought it was mostly right but THANKS for correcting me. Hope everyone else comes out of this ok and lives and learns.

Last edited by dcorn; Jul 26, 2005 at 10:17 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 04:48 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Devbo
that makes me mad. what gives you the right to play god with other peoples lifes. i am not saying that i am the safest driver and i never speed, because i do hell i even race people i think that is all i have to say. but i never EVER do anything stupid in my car when there is other people in it. i feel bad for the fams of the victims. me being a firefighter in NC i see alot of hondas and other cars that race around and i am constantly cuttting more than just the driver out of the car. it almost makes me sick. if i was in command of the incident i would cut the passengers out first and leave the driver last even if the driver was criticly injured and the passengers were not quite as bad. well i hope this makes sence and i am sorry that i am venting. i am just sick of stupid people playing god.
You are in the wrong business then. You have poor judgment and stating this in a public forum makes you culpable of treating the injured inappropriately. Make sure you don't post like this again.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

also while everyone knows so much. you can acutally drive a evo very much normal and easily loose control. if you have the stock advans and a good bit of the tires are wore, one false move and you will spin out. having the extra weight doesnt help either if the space is so small that you wont be able to correct, if I understand correctly from what the guy said that its trees on one side and a big wall on the other. Also account the fact that the steering is very unforgiving if your not well understood about it, but I dont know how much he understood about his car. regardless i feel bad for his family and all of the passagers and their families as well. We have to just help each other learn more about each others cars instead of acting like we know everything, because this could happen to anyone of us in any type of way.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

Man this is just awful, my thoughts & prayers go out to all the families involved.

Just a thought but would anyone be interested, to get about 10 EVO's or more would be great to get a Convo togeather for the funeral if the family is alright with it? I'm sure like all of us Jason loved his car, so if the family is ok with it would anyone else be interested?
Old Jul 25, 2005, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

damn that's not to far from me. I didn't know them, but my go out condolences to their friends and families.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Holy ****!. I just met that guy wednesday day night in Waldorf!!! He was telling me about his new clutch sr20det91 installed for him. Damn!!!!!

Last edited by Stinkapuss; Jul 25, 2005 at 07:54 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dcorn
I'm almost positive it was wrecklessness. It is a backroad that I have driven many times because I have friends who live on it, and hearing where he crashed, there are no bad turns or anything on that part of the road.
What backroad was this?
Old Jul 25, 2005, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Bensville road around the Camelot subdivision. I think thats almost to 225.

Edit: Apparently the crash happened right after the railroad tracks on that road going towards 225. The road goes down a big hil, over some tracks, then up a big hill on the other side. Halfway up that hill is a very abrupt right turn that can easily take you by surprise when going too fast. Load up an Evo with 800+ pounds of people and it won't take those turns very well, especially on 3/4 worn Advans.

Everyone, please be careful, especially with friends or lots of weight in the car. Even though they are a great handling car, Evos are not invincible.

Last edited by dcorn; Jul 25, 2005 at 06:07 PM.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Very sorry! Be safe out there people!!

Quick Reply: Deadly Evo Accident