Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Deadly Evo Accident

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2005, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sad
Old Jul 25, 2005, 07:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[/QUOTE]Apparently the driver drove like a moron now he's dead and killed 2 of his friends.[QUOTE]

You can edit your post however you want, to make yourself look like less of a jackass. I dont care.
You better hope I don't catch up with you.

Last edited by sr20det91; Jul 26, 2005 at 03:06 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 04:22 AM
Evolved Member

And you can edit your post so you look like less of a crazy stalker. Remember you aren't the only one that had friends injured and killed. I knew Kevin Jobe very well and he is still in the hospital with serious injuries. I went to school with Mark Ryon and many of my friends were very close with him. I said that stuff because I was angry at the time, just like your're sayin all this crap now. This thread needs to be closed now that everyone heard what went on and its turned to threats of violence. The police reports are coming out soon so then we'll know what really went on.

This forum is getting to hostile. I'm just letting people know whats up and to be careful out there because I don't want to see others get hurt in their Evos. I think I'm done here, I don't have an Evo anyways and people like you sr20det91 make me not want to.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AHH SHYT!!!!!!!!!!

I WAS ABOUT 2 Go off because i have a friend that lives in that area with a red evo! This is horrible....

Stay safe. Obey the speedlimit it saved my life.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dcorn
This forum is getting to hostile. I'm just letting people know whats up and to be careful out there because I don't want to see others get hurt in their Evos. I think I'm done here, I don't have an Evo anyways and people like you sr20det91 make me not want to.
You made an assumption (which people immediately took as fact) that his friend killed two other people as a result of 'driving like a moron.' How the hell would you react?
Old Jul 26, 2005, 09:56 AM

Heard this on NASIOC, just going to say sorry for the loss and hope people remember something from this.

NBC4.com news link here, click on 'Fatal Accident Kills 3' in Streaming Video on the right column.

Last edited by 2WDrift; Jul 26, 2005 at 10:01 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mikey52
You made an assumption (which people immediately took as fact) that his friend killed two other people as a result of 'driving like a moron.' How the hell would you react?
I might be a little angry and then set the record straight so everyone knows what really happened. I don't think I would threaten other people over the net.

If anyone has real hard facts about this I'd love to hear it. Even sr20det91 is making statements that he heard from a friend.

Originally Posted by sr20det91
You dont know what your talking about man. So dont try and make assumptions you know nothing about. If you had seen the area of the accident or know the driver as well as I do you would have a bit more insight.
I have seen the area of the accident because I have friends that live on that road. The road goes down a steep hill, then up another hill and around a sharp right corner. From what I've seen, it is very easy to pick up speed down that hill, then shoot up the opposite hill. The sharp right turn easily takes you by surprise because it is completely blind. Even if you are going 60 mph around it, that is probably way too fast, especially loaded with people.

I'm not saying they were doing the speed limit, but I do know they were not going more than 10mph over on a 50 MPH road, thats first hand info from the guy that was following them.
No one can say how fast he was going unless they were there or unless the cops do an evaluation. They could also look a the speedometer because sometimes when you crash it freezes up. News said cops think the cause of the accident had to do with speed, and if not, that was a helluva crash for only 60 mph.

Secondly the roads were wet and he was on a set of Advans that were about 3/4 worn.
Unless there was a very concentrated brief rainstorm saturday night, the roads were completely dry. I was out all saturday and live only a few miles from the accident site and it did not rain anywhere around there. I talked to many people around here about it and they said no rain. As for driving on 3/4 worn tires...

Thirdly..there were 5 people in the car 3 of which including himself were on their way home from work, so obviously its gonna effect the way the car handles.
This is my point. I know for a fact that Mark Ryon weighed at least 300 lbs and he was in the passenger seat. Kevin Jobe weighs 200 or so. My friends who knew jason said he weighed over 200. There was a LOT of weight in that car and driving fast despite that isn't smart.

Furthurmore...there is a pasture up and to the left where deer are frequently seen and known to cross the road at that spot in the road. If you swerve to miss something in the road in that spot, theres no place to go. Solid trees on one side and nothing but a high wall on the other.
Thats fine and maybe he did swerve to miss something. But if there was someone following him like you said, they would have seen it or seen him swerve out of the way.

If I am completely wrong about this stuff and it wasn't the drivers fault, then screw me and I'm stupid for posting all of this. I'm not trying to **** anyone off or insult the deceased. According to the news, this is the 27th, 28th, and 29th auto death in charles county this year. I just want to see all these deaths end. There have been too many people dying because of bad decisions. At least they weren't drunk which is a good thing. But seriously, if I'm wrong, then I'm wrong and I'm sorry. Maybe he swerved to miss a deer, maybe someone in the car distracted him, maybe he hit an oil spot. If someone has better info or if the police say something, let us know. Obviously my conclusions are blasphemy and slander and I should be hanged for it.

EDIT: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=813511

Check out what people have to say there. Everyone here can go flame them too. Look at page 2 for a more detailed explanation. Sounds pretty much as I described it.

Last edited by dcorn; Jul 26, 2005 at 10:12 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

yet again, half of you jump to unfounded conclusions when you read about an accident. next time someone sees a story like this and starts a post, please stick to the facts at hand. it was no one's fault here, that is why the call them accidents. i personally drive like a grandma with people in my car besides when merging on the highway. i will however drive like a madman when my friend asks me to and it is just me and him. IMHO, IF the driver was driving like a madman, the kids in the car were too, and should be held to the same accountablity as the driver. they could have asked him to stop. so if one is guilty they all are. but we don't know if they were driving wrecklessly or unsafely or that matter and we don't need to ever point fingers. it was a tragic event leave it at that, no need to speculate negatively, the police will do a fine job at that.

my deepest sympathy goes to everyone involved with this from the community to the families.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Nobody and I mean nobody under the age of 18 should own an EVO. Any parent is really to blame if they let their kid have a first car with that much power.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

aight people, a wreck happened and lives were taken. does it really need to be argued over? I figure, if you werent there, everything that comes out of your mouth is an opinion. So, no one is right or wrong. just take it as a hint to keep it safe and watch your driving. This is truly a sad story, my prayers are with the family.
Old Jul 26, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by shiroboi
Nobody and I mean nobody under the age of 18 should own an EVO. Any parent is really to blame if they let their kid have a first car with that much power.
Thanks for that completely irrevalent comment. The driver was like 21 and everyone in the car was over 18.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Just a general observation. A kid down the street from me has a black evo and is probably about 17 years old. When I hear about stupid accidents like this, I think of high school kids showing off.

It is a grim reminder of how we need to take responsibility on the road. Its just the first thought that came to mind.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 08:07 PM

how about everybody stops *****ing about how it was caused and just feel bad for the people that have to deal with something this tragic. i had a bunch of people i know in a similar accident like this 1 kid was thrown through the windshield and had the car flip then land on top of him while he was still alive and the kids in the car who were a factor in the accident happening had to lift the car off of their friend and watch him die while they tried CPR on him before medical attention arrived but it was too late and now they are dealing with what happened and don't need other people pointing fingers at who's fault it was.
Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evoryder
as for the firefighter...that was a horrible comment...u would leave the driver till the end. How do you know it was the drivers fault? maybe someone grabbed the wheel or maybe a deer jumped out or maybe he blacked out...until we hear from the passengers who survived we cannot shoot the driver down.

really disgusted that a firefigher has that mentality.
ok let me clear somethings up i didnt mean in this piticular situation. i am speaking from past experiences that i have had to deal with. when the cop saw the two racing and watched the whole thing unfold and the car fold in half against a tree with people inside it. i mean no disrespect to the people of this crash i was just posting about other STUPID people. and to the idiot who said that i am no better than the driver about playing god go F*ck yourself i didnt say i would let them die that would go against everyhting that i stand for and my job for that matter. all i was saying is that people need to use there head alittle better. sorry for the confusion or me typing the first comment wrong
Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

owned. btw nick falco is a cool name.

Quick Reply: Deadly Evo Accident