Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Deadly Evo Accident

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2005, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Deadly Evo Accident

Just heard this morning and saw more about it this afternoon, a guy that worked at the local Ledo Pizza wrecked his Evo on a backroad in Pomfret, MD. Driver was Jason Pasternak, not sure if hes on this board or not. He and 2 other guys, Nick Falco and Mark Ryon died in the crash and 2 others, Kevin Jobe and someone I don't know were injured (only said a few names on the news, heard some from friends, so only got 4 our of 5 names total). Thats right, there were 5 guys in the car. Not sure if anyone on here knows these guys or lives around here but just filling everyone in. I couldn't believe this happened, one of my best friends' Dad owns the Ledos. Apparently the driver drove like a moron speeding everywhere and driving wreckless. Now he's dead and killed 2 of his friends. One of the guys went to my school and another, I played tennis against in high school. Crazy.

Just a heads up guys to show you how showing off and driving wreckless is dangerous. Evo's aren't invincible and you would know it if you saw pics of his car. Only way I could recognize it was by the hood vent since they called it a "mitsubishi lancer" on the news. Kinda scary when somethin like that hits so close to home. Keep it safe on the streets guys and know the limits of your car, especially when hauling so many people.

Here is a shot from the news:

Not trying to be grim, just want everyone else to learn and stay safe.

Last edited by dcorn; Jul 26, 2005 at 10:15 AM. Reason: updated info
Old Jul 24, 2005, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

If it was caused by wrecklessness, then I feel for the families of his friends.

People, if you're gonna drive like a moron, do it alone on a closed circuit. That way, if you die, you don't take innocent people with you.

My heart goes out to all of them, who've lost friends, family and such, because of poor drivers, or because of good drivers who make poor choices.

EDIT: Now that the pic is up, no doubt it was a bad driver. It's hard to end up like that unless you're REALLY speeding.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thats sad ... ...
Old Jul 24, 2005, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

That just sucks to hear. My prayers go out to the family
Old Jul 24, 2005, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

I'm almost positive it was wrecklessness. It is a backroad that I have driven many times because I have friends who live on it, and hearing where he crashed. My friends have said he drove fast everywhere. They were apparently coming from a party but the driver wasn't drunk. I'm sure the weight of 5 people in the car didn't help the handling at all. One guy that died, Mark Ryon, played football at my high school and weighed over 300.

I couldn't believe it when I saw the pic cuz I would never have imagined 5 people in an Evo flying down a backroad like that. I feel for the families as well. Kevin, the guy I know and played tennis against, was a great guy with a great family.

Last edited by dcorn; Jul 26, 2005 at 10:14 AM.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Unhappy Tragic!!!

My Condolences to the Families, and Friends.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

thats crazzy. i wish the picture was bigger, did the top of the evo wrap around a tree?
Old Jul 24, 2005, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Becareful out there ppl, these stories been coming up alot lately. Drive safe and prayers for their families
Old Jul 24, 2005, 03:39 PM
Evolving Member

that makes me mad. what gives you the right to play god with other peoples lifes. i am not saying that i am the safest driver and i never speed, because i do hell i even race people i think that is all i have to say. but i never EVER do anything stupid in my car when there is other people in it. i feel bad for the fams of the victims. me being a firefighter in NC i see alot of hondas and other cars that race around and i am constantly cuttting more than just the driver out of the car. it almost makes me sick. if i was in command of the incident i would cut the passengers out first and leave the driver last even if the driver was criticly injured and the passengers were not quite as bad. well i hope this makes sence and i am sorry that i am venting. i am just sick of stupid people playing god.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 05:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm almost positive it was wrecklessness.
You dont know what your talking about man. So dont try and make assumptions you know nothing about. If you had seen the area of the accident or know the driver as well as I do you would have a bit more insight.

I'm not saying they were doing the speed limit, but I do know they were not going more than 10mph over on a 50 MPH road, thats first hand info from the guy that was following them.

Secondly the roads were wet and he was on a set of Advans that were about 3/4 worn.

Thirdly..there were 5 people in the car 3 of which including himself were on their way home from work, so obviously its gonna effect the way the car handles.

Furthurmore...there is a pasture up and to the left where deer are frequently seen and known to cross the road at that spot in the road. If you swerve to miss something in the road in that spot, theres no place to go. Solid trees on one side and nothing but a high wall on the other.

My point is, sure ....they could have used better judgment, but it was far from being a wreckless incident. They driver of that car was one of my closest friends. I put a clutch in that car for him 2 weeks ago for free.

Jason was one of the kindest hardest working people I have ever meet. Of all my friends around here hes' the one that was always sayin" save it for the track" and things like " you need a ride home? " Have you had too much to drink?" He cared about people and was always willing to help someone out no matter what the circumstances.

So for all you haters up there talking out your A$$. You dont have a clue and you dont know what the hell your talking about. So please keep your mouths shut.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
what a shame ....
...that don't look like a 50mph accident.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 05:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Eric, the guy I know and played tennis against, was a great guy with a great family. Also, I've heard the driver was the 2nd child in his family who had died in a car accident, which makes it even worse because he obviously didn't learn from his older brother.
WTF are you talking about??? There was no one in the car named Eric. Jason was the youngest of 2 children and I was talking to his older sister about an hour ago, therefore she was not killed in a car accident.

Every statement you made, except for the fact Bubba was in the car has been false. So STFU and mind your buisness.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

definitely doesnt look like a 50mph accident... sorry about your friends though man, I lost a friend in April to a tree
Old Jul 24, 2005, 05:37 PM
Former Sponsor

that makes me mad. what gives you the right to play god with other peoples lifes. i am not saying that i am the safest driver and i never speed, because i do hell i even race people i think that is all i have to say. but i never EVER do anything stupid in my car when there is other people in it. i feel bad for the fams of the victims. me being a firefighter in NC i see alot of hondas and other cars that race around and i am constantly cuttting more than just the driver out of the car. it almost makes me sick. if i was in command of the incident i would cut the passengers out first and leave the driver last even if the driver was criticly injured and the passengers were not quite as bad. well i hope this makes sence and i am sorry that i am venting. i am just sick of stupid people playing god.
You say what gives people the right to play god, then you turn around and make the statement that would would leave the driver in the car and get the passengers out first, If you thought it was the drivers fault.

Isn't that like you playing god. I guess your such an expert that your judgement is the end all- know all for someones life.It concerns me that we have fire and rescue forces that have that type of an attitude. Your no better than anyone else dumba$$.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 05:41 PM
Former Sponsor

definitely doesnt look like a 50mph accident... sorry about your friends though man, I lost a friend in April to a tree
I said they were doing approx. 10mph over on a 50 mph rated road. Thats 60mph. I agree it does look like higher speeds were involved, but I have seen accidents as bad or worse where lower speeds were involved.
Thanks for your condolences.
Jason

Quick Reply: Deadly Evo Accident